Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
Old Nov 22, 2010, 11:20 AM
Oakhurst, CA
Joined May 2006
355 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob A View Post
If I disconnect the connection to the rudder servo do I just leave the linkage to the rudder in place or unhook the linkage to the rudder to allow it to "float". The rudder servo is bad in mine and I will just try to fly it with ailerons if that sounds feasible for someone who has never flown. (After reading all the posts on this thread I doubt my first SS will last long anyway)

Thanks,

Bob
Make sure that the rudder is in neutral position. Then just unplug the rudder servo. It will work fine. The plane will be very controlable with just ailerons and elevator.
ronaldf is offline Find More Posts by ronaldf
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 22, 2010, 11:20 AM
Canton, Michigan USA
Joined Jul 2007
16,355 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob A View Post
If I disconnect the connection to the rudder servo do I just leave the linkage to the rudder in place or unhook the linkage to the rudder to allow it to "float". The rudder servo is bad in mine and I will just try to fly it with ailerons if that sounds feasible for someone who has never flown. (After reading all the posts on this thread I doubt my first SS will last long anyway)

Thanks,

Bob
Bob,

If you must, disconnect the servo from the receiver and then tape the rudder straight.

Bill
Prof100 is online now Find More Posts by Prof100
RCG Plus Member
Old Nov 22, 2010, 01:26 PM
Argue for your limitations
Lincoln, CA
Joined Oct 2006
8,422 Posts
More info needed

Quote:
Originally Posted by pavcon View Post
guys any ideas on replacing the stock prop for some more push without overheating the motor??? don't worry about amp pull cause it's a 30amp ESC
What is the motor rated at?
AJ
ajbaker is offline Find More Posts by ajbaker
Old Nov 22, 2010, 01:28 PM
Suspended Account
Κύπρος, Λευκωσία, Πέρα Χωριό
Joined Jan 2010
9,530 Posts
ok thisis the 3rd and last time I ask.. ANY RECOMMENDATIONS FOR A PROP ON THE STOCK MOTOR TO GIVE ME SOME MORE PULL ? ? ?
pavcon is offline Find More Posts by pavcon
Old Nov 22, 2010, 01:33 PM
Lincoln, CA
Joined Oct 2006
8,422 Posts
Something is wrong.

Quote:
It can't go more forward.. this pack perfectly fits int he front compartment.. it's as forward as it gets...
Something is very wrong. I tried a FlightMax 2200mah in both of my SkyS planes and I need about 1/2 a washer on the tail to balance it. It it way, way too nose heavy with that LiPo. Can you post some pics of a side profile of your plane. Something is dramatically out of place to cause the situation that you have. Nobody else is experiencing that problem at all. The washers are always unnecessary. How does it balance with the stock 1300mah moved all the way up front? Both of mine balance perfectly on the CG with the 1300mah. Oh, where do you have the CG set?
AJ
Old Nov 22, 2010, 01:36 PM
Lincoln, CA
Joined Oct 2006
8,422 Posts
Prop recommendation

Quote:
ok thisis the 3rd and last time I ask.. ANY RECOMMENDATIONS FOR A PROP ON THE STOCK MOTOR TO GIVE ME SOME MORE PULL ? ? ?
What do you call a stock motor? The brushed or the brushless? What is it rated at in Amps and Watts? What is your present setup? List all electronic gear. What are the present WattMeter readings? We cannot help you without all the necessary information.
AJ
Old Nov 22, 2010, 02:34 PM
Suspended Account
Joined Jan 2010
9,530 Posts
brushless stock... I don't know the specs of the motor.. nobody knows.. I'm asking if anyone has replaced the stock with a larger prop with more pitch and has no probs so far .. so I will be in the safe zone with the motor. it's a matter of experience not numbers since that If I knew the motors specs I wouldn't ask this question man..

Ive written twice before that I'm using a 30amp esc so it won' tbe a prob for the ESC to raise some amps up..
Old Nov 22, 2010, 02:58 PM
United States, CA, Los Angeles
Joined Feb 2008
119 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ajbaker View Post
Something is very wrong. I tried a FlightMax 2200mah in both of my SkyS planes and I need about 1/2 a washer on the tail to balance it. It it way, way too nose heavy with that LiPo. Can you post some pics of a side profile of your plane. Something is dramatically out of place to cause the situation that you have. Nobody else is experiencing that problem at all. The washers are always unnecessary. How does it balance with the stock 1300mah moved all the way up front? Both of mine balance perfectly on the CG with the 1300mah. Oh, where do you have the CG set?
AJ
Y'all are talking about SS ver.1 and SS ver2 as if they are the same in the
front compartment area. They are not the same. Ver 2 has a molded in
battery compartment sized to take the stock battery. Where the original
has an open space where the washers were, Ver2 now has a foam bulkhead
which prevents forward movement of the battery. in the original with washers removed, I can shove a 100mm x35mm x 25mm 2200 mah battery all the forward and it is flush with the front edge of the canopy
opening. You can't do this with version 2 because of the foam molding blocking it. Look at the attached jpeg originally posted Eagle-Eye (#1392):
Alpha35 is online now Find More Posts by Alpha35
Last edited by Alpha35; Apr 03, 2013 at 12:38 AM.
Old Nov 22, 2010, 03:22 PM
Suspended Account
Joined Jan 2010
9,530 Posts
I will use your pic to explain what happens with mine
and mine it's V2
Old Nov 22, 2010, 05:55 PM
West Texas USA
Joined Mar 2008
662 Posts
BEVRC Sky Surfer v2 arrival.

My SkyS v2 arrived from BEVRC to central US in 10 days from order. A record for me as far as Hong Kong is concerned.

Condition: Slight rash on one wing top, two nicks on right fuselage.

Missing parts: One aileron control rod missing but might be my fault.

Single boxed and taped, box slightly damaged.

Weights (g) of Sky Surfer v2 parts as removed from shipping box:

L Fuselage************48.6
R Fuselage************48.6
L Wing***************73.2
R Wing***************74.3
BL Motor + collet +spacer*66
BL Motor only**********45.5
Canopy***************13
Wing Joiner tube(spar)***14.9
Rudder***************10.8
Horizontal Stab*********20.9
4 horns + stoppers******03.5
** Scale was uncalibrated digital "jewlers" scale.

Motor shaft dia. : 2.3mm
Motor dia. : 25.5mm
Motor body length: 21.8mm
Shaft length: about 15mm
Prop adapter prop shaft size: 6.95mm.
Prop adapter type: collet.
Materials required to finish build so far:
4 - 9g servos (Turnigy TGY-1800A).
1 - Brushless ESC (18A Turnigy).
1 - rx + tx (AR6100 + DX7).
Batteries for brushless motor.
Regular CA.
2 - 36 cm (approximately) servo extensions for the aileron servos.
1 - Y servo cable for ailerons.
Sharp hobby knife.

Luckily I examined the motor before turning it and discovered a small screw just inside the can. I have no idea where the screw belongs of if it belongs to the product. Probably an assembly issue.
*** Additional comment: The loose screws belonged to the servo stoppers on the control horns.

No servo extender cables or other wiring was included.

Observation: A Turnigy 2826 1900kv 150 watt outrunner mates to the plastic spacer perfectly but appears slightly larger in diameter than the stock motor. It appears the Turnigy motor will require some enlargement of the inside of the pylon for proper fit.
garymcc is offline Find More Posts by garymcc
Last edited by garymcc; Nov 24, 2010 at 08:44 PM. Reason: Motor only weight. Materials required.
Old Nov 22, 2010, 06:05 PM
You down with EPP?
Houston, Tx
Joined May 2009
6,754 Posts
Quote:
What is the stock motor? I can't imagine using any stock gear on this plane.

Go for a 3S stryker setup. (1900-2350kv) 6" Prop. BRUSHLESS!!
johnnyrocco123 is offline Find More Posts by johnnyrocco123
Old Nov 22, 2010, 06:21 PM
Suspended Account
Joined Jan 2010
9,530 Posts
OMG we got comm probs..
stock brushless motor that comes with the BeVRC model Or the BH ARF with brushless upgrade.. it's the same thing.. OR the motor with the RTF model. it's still th same thing..
ITS BRUSHLESSSSSSS
I got a grayson hobby superconic V2 that I can use but I ve chosen to stay with the stock one for longer flying times.. onw.. back to my question please//???

6x ? 4/5/6 ? ? ?
Old Nov 22, 2010, 06:42 PM
You down with EPP?
Houston, Tx
Joined May 2009
6,754 Posts
Quote:
OMG we got comm probs..
stock brushless motor that comes with the BeVRC model Or the BH ARF with brushless upgrade.. it's the same thing.. OR the motor with the RTF model. it's still th same thing..
ITS BRUSHLESSSSSSS
I got a grayson hobby superconic V2 that I can use but I ve chosen to stay with the stock one for longer flying times.. onw.. back to my question please//???

6x ? 4/5/6 ? ? ?
Ok, well I have no idea what the specs are on the stock motor. You obviously can only go to a 6" prop. I would recommend using a 6x4 or 6x3 on a (2000-2350kv) motor. A square prop (6x6) is not needed on a model like this unless you are wanting top speed. Start with a 6x4, if you want more speed go to a 6x5.5. If you want better vertical try a 6x3.

There you go dude. Happy?

PS, watch the amps on a 6x6 if you are using small lipos (1300mah ish)
johnnyrocco123 is offline Find More Posts by johnnyrocco123
Old Nov 22, 2010, 06:48 PM
West Texas USA
Joined Mar 2008
662 Posts
prop

Quote:
OMG we got comm probs..
ITS BRUSHLESSSSSSS

6x ? 4/5/6 ? ? ?
I have just started my build but from my experience with the Clouds Fly 2000kv my first try at a prop for the stock SkyS is going to be a TGS 6x4E. I'll know more tomorrow when I get to the ESC and wattmeter.
garymcc is offline Find More Posts by garymcc
Old Nov 22, 2010, 07:13 PM
Suspended Account
Joined Jan 2010
9,530 Posts
ok ok.. sorry if It came out rude but I have been ignored severla times and I was getting puffed like a bad lipo..
now I think about it I will measure the rpm.. its certainly not even close to 2000kv because going with the supersonic V2 which is 2200 kv the power upgrade is humongus...
my guesstimate is around 1200kv... but I will now soon.. I just asked if anyone is using a different prop for a long time with the stock brushless motor.. that's all