HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Mar 04, 2013, 12:58 AM
Dixie Normious
Can A da....Ehh!!
Joined May 2010
5,025 Posts
Heres my newest video/update on the lit 1.1 i got. Just need to install the 1.3 800mW vtx on the wing and some decent weather.. then its time for a maiden.
Bixler FPV Build update 5 (Pre maiden) (9 min 0 sec)
Eastcoast78 is offline Find More Posts by Eastcoast78
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: TF to DOSD wiring.
to remove ads between posts
Old Mar 05, 2013, 08:18 PM
Joined Nov 2011
18 Posts
My recend order of 1 HK-T6A V2 TX and 2 matching receivers + other things has arrived. I can bind those 2 receivers easely to my Bixler 1 TX, but none of the new HK-TR6A v2 will bind to the HK-T6A V2 TX, no matter how often I try .Do I have to program the TX first via a computer , or is there any other trick required ? I hope someone can help me . Best regards, Gerhard,807gt.
807gt is offline Find More Posts by 807gt
Old Mar 05, 2013, 09:06 PM
New Zealand, Canterbury, Rolleston
Joined Oct 2011
899 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 807gt View Post
My recent order of 1 HK-T6A V2 TX and 2 matching receivers ....Do I have to program the TX first via a computer.
I've never had problems other than those of my own making meaning forgetting to remove the binding loop after binding. So no, you shouldn't have to connect to a computer. I never have connected to a computer to the Tx.

Also, to reverse channels, I fitted switches the same as the T4A V2. There are slots under the front panel label the same place as the 4 ch.
Mac50L is offline Find More Posts by Mac50L
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Motor cover and mount retention
Old Mar 05, 2013, 10:31 PM
Argue for your limitations
Lincoln, CA
Joined Oct 2006
8,420 Posts
More info please

Quote:
My recend order of 1 HK-T6A V2 TX and 2 matching receivers + other things has arrived. I can bind those 2 receivers easely to my Bixler 1 TX, but none of the new HK-TR6A v2 will bind to the HK-T6A V2 TX, no matter how often I try .Do I have to program the TX first via a computer , or is there any other trick required ? I hope someone can help me . Best regards, Gerhard,807gt.
Please post a picture of all 4(?) receivers. You might have two different versions of receivers. Do you have a satellite receiver on any of them?
AJ
ajbaker is offline Find More Posts by ajbaker
Old Mar 05, 2013, 11:00 PM
Multicopter Crash Tester
Australia, QLD, Brisbane
Joined Apr 2012
204 Posts
Maiden with Liquid Image Ego onboard....

Bixler Maiden - Liquid Image Ego (2 min 23 sec)
Amfamora is offline Find More Posts by Amfamora
Last edited by Amfamora; Mar 06, 2013 at 10:21 AM.
Old Mar 05, 2013, 11:41 PM
Joined Nov 2011
18 Posts
Well, I am a bit surprised to get such a fast response.I am not very computer litterate and dont realy know ,how to post pictures.Nobody has shown me, how to do it.Sorry.I will have to wait till one of my sons or sons in law will come by. There is no satelite receiver. I hope, the tx is ok and need not be sent back to HK. I have taken the pictures, now I will have to wait for some help.Be patient please,best regards, Gerhard 807gt.
807gt is offline Find More Posts by 807gt
Old Mar 06, 2013, 02:09 AM
Lincoln, CA
Joined Oct 2006
8,420 Posts
Quote:
Well, I am a bit surprised to get such a fast response.I am not very computer litterate and dont realy know ,how to post pictures.Nobody has shown me, how to do it.Sorry.I will have to wait till one of my sons or sons in law will come by. There is no satelite receiver. I hope, the tx is ok and need not be sent back to HK. I have taken the pictures, now I will have to wait for some help.Be patient please,best regards, Gerhard 807gt.
No problem. We will be patient.
AJ
Old Mar 06, 2013, 09:59 AM
The only R/C pilot in the city
Kazakhstan, West Kazakhstan Province, Aksay
Joined Sep 2012
310 Posts
New video

Experimental recording of Bixler r/c plane flight on Mystery MDR-800HD car camcoder.

Bixler Flight #16 GND (4 min 12 sec)
Scorpio9999 is offline Find More Posts by Scorpio9999
Old Mar 06, 2013, 10:20 AM
USA, NH, Alstead
Joined Oct 2007
4,930 Posts
Hey guys, while I am waiting for my Bix 1.1 kit to arrive I was thinking of fabbing up a glider type centerline landing gear. I would like to know the approximate inside and outside width of the fuselage on the bottom right below the cockpit opening. Doesn't have to be exact. Thanks.
u2builder is offline Find More Posts by u2builder
Old Mar 06, 2013, 06:00 PM
United States, FL, Clearwater
Joined Aug 2011
1,573 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Amfamora View Post
Maiden with Liquid Image Ego onboard....

http://youtu.be/eh4vwvOWvns
Congratulations on a nice safe Maiden. Yours lasted much longer than mine as well as staying in one piece. Mine decided to land in a tree.
Eagle202 is offline Find More Posts by Eagle202
Old Mar 06, 2013, 06:05 PM
Why so serious?
United States, FL, Cape Coral
Joined Dec 2007
5,967 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eagle202 View Post
Congratulations on a nice safe Maiden. Yours lasted much longer than mine as well as staying in one piece. Mine decided to land in a tree.
Yeah, 5 times....just last week.
2500GENE is offline Find More Posts by 2500GENE
Old Mar 06, 2013, 06:21 PM
United States, FL, Clearwater
Joined Aug 2011
1,573 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2500GENE View Post
Yeah, 5 times....just last week.
Nice to see you are awake for once. 3 of those times were trees in your yard. Glad I didn't fall into your pool.
Eagle202 is offline Find More Posts by Eagle202
Old Mar 06, 2013, 07:06 PM
AKA, Cheap Chiseler
United States, FL, North Fort Myers
Joined Mar 2012
1,144 Posts
I keep doing planes but I'm not flying planes my responsibilities will allow at the moment.

Went back to the flight simulator and started doing exercises of an entirely different type using these three planes which actually have, a Cessna 182, heavy 5 pound scale plane that was my trainer there got me my license. To handle it correctly it requires rudder be used in the turns just like the real one. My sky surfer in my P 50 1D.

Here is my new exercise;
1. Using ClearView I find it airfield with trees on both sides.
2. I take the plane off climb out to listen treetop high.
3. I stay below the tree line and put the plane into a bank.
4. To make the bank tight I use all flight surfaces including rudder.
5. I keep flying patterns at lower and lower altitudes
6. I finish with high-speed touch and go landings.

It's training me fly my patterns flat and under the circumstances I'm required to fly all controls to do this well.

I present this is a new flyer is a way of using our flight simulators the Titan upper flying skills. It's working for me.

DJ
Sculptor is online now Find More Posts by Sculptor
Old Mar 06, 2013, 11:25 PM
Multicopter Crash Tester
Australia, QLD, Brisbane
Joined Apr 2012
204 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eagle202 View Post
Cheers The first crash happened unfortunately cause I gave it throttle (mode 2) then used left hand on the elevator stick and chucked it with the right hand..... as I threw it bumped the throttle to low as I quickly moved my left hand back lost all thrust..... nose dive lol.
Amfamora is offline Find More Posts by Amfamora
Old Mar 07, 2013, 04:45 PM
Lincoln, CA
Joined Oct 2006
8,420 Posts
Fix it and fly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amfamora View Post
Cheers The first crash happened unfortunately cause I gave it throttle (mode 2) then used left hand on the elevator stick and chucked it with the right hand..... as I threw it bumped the throttle to low as I quickly moved my left hand back lost all thrust..... nose dive lol.
I think it is safe to say that most of us have done something like that. The good news is that the SkyS is usually an easy repair. Just use a little CA on the breaks and you are flying again.
AJ