Old Jan 03, 2013, 06:49 PM
Why so serious?
United States, FL, Cape Coral
Joined Dec 2007
5,972 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ands View Post
Happy New Year Guys.
Is it obvious that I have been grounded her in the UK for the last 3 weeks due to weather?!!!!
she's called the Cow...obviously '
Real nice job

. Did you used to work for Gateway computers?
Vince has one and needs an upgrade driver for his 5 1/4 floppy drive.
2500GENE is offline Find More Posts by 2500GENE
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 03, 2013, 07:58 PM
New Zealand, Canterbury, Rolleston
Joined Oct 2011
1,078 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by sniemetz View Post
Hi Mac

quite - I need to be able to fit it into the car .
Which is why most of us make them removable.

Quote:
Sorry to sound like a moron: What's PVA? contact cement? come to think of it that would have been smarter...
PVA, a woodworking glue. You might know it as Elmers? I suspect they make a range of glues which is why I'd not say Gorilla Glue as most know Gorilla for their Urethane glues though they make a range of types.
Mac50L is offline Find More Posts by Mac50L
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Motor cover and mount retention
Old Jan 03, 2013, 08:06 PM
United States, FL, Clearwater
Joined Aug 2011
1,603 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2500GENE View Post
Real nice job

. Did you used to work for Gateway computers?
Too late. I just installed one of them 3 1/2 stiff non-floppy ones. They hold a whole 720 bites!!!.
Eagle202 is offline Find More Posts by Eagle202
Old Jan 03, 2013, 08:28 PM
Gravity impaired
United States, NY, Wolcott
Joined Nov 2004
1,520 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eagle202 View Post
Too late. I just installed one of them 3 1/2 stiff non-floppy ones. They hold a whole 720 bites!!!.
Yea but they're floppy on the inside! I just cut one of them up to make control horns for a pbf out of the case..... lol
jrjr is offline Find More Posts by jrjr
Old Jan 04, 2013, 12:47 AM
New Zealand, Canterbury, Rolleston
Joined Oct 2011
1,078 Posts
Quote:
Why doesn't he go the whole way and install an 8" drive? Or better still a punched paper tape reader? I hope his computer is REAL and has switches and lights on the front so the binary loader can be keyed in.
Mac50L is offline Find More Posts by Mac50L
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Motor cover and mount retention
Old Jan 04, 2013, 01:32 PM
wottree
United Kingdom, England, Exeter
Joined Nov 2011
302 Posts
I assume the p*ss taking is due to the fact i posted a thumb nail?!!!...If not then please enlighten
ands is offline Find More Posts by ands
Old Jan 04, 2013, 02:48 PM
Chilliwack, BC Canada
Joined Mar 2010
1,092 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sculptor View Post

Pull a mold off of them and a bit of the surrounding body. Clean out the mold, prep it, drilled to vent holes in it and to por holes, see lid back on the fuselage poured in place making a perfect match to the body. In the sculptor's trade would call this a scab mode. ........................
Eh? Could you go over that in a bit more detail? Sounds like something well worth knowing about but I just can't follow. I think that was meant to be "drill two vent holes and two pour holes" and then maybe "seal it back on the fuselage".

Are you using speech recognition software by any chance?

Regards,
Gord
Gordks is offline Find More Posts by Gordks
Old Jan 04, 2013, 05:06 PM
Why so serious?
Joined Dec 2007
5,972 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ands View Post
I assume the p*ss taking is due to the fact i posted a thumb nail?!!!...If not then please enlighten
Your plane is painted as a cow...very nicely too.
Gateway computers use to send out it's units in a cow box.
The rest is history.
Old Jan 04, 2013, 05:10 PM
Why so serious?
Joined Dec 2007
5,972 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gordks View Post
Eh? Could you go over that in a bit more detail? Sounds like something well worth knowing about but I just can't follow. I think that was meant to be "drill two vent holes and two pour holes" and then maybe "seal it back on the fuselage".

Regards,
Gord
That and quite a bit of red wine.
Old Jan 04, 2013, 05:18 PM
AKA, Cheap Chiseler
United States, FL, North Fort Myers
Joined Mar 2012
1,174 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gordks View Post

Regards,
Gord
Gord, I just reread what I've written thanks to your quote. And how screwed up is that! Trying to say something as simple as "model Sponsens on to the fuselage of the sky server, pull a scab mold off them, clean out the clay and drill three holes in it, put them back on the fuselage and fill them up.

I'm trying to get used to using 'Dragon Naturally Speaking' voice recognition software and it's very intuitive of you to ask that question. Never publish anything using this kind of software after your second glass of wine. That's a note to self too. I can wind up with the weirdest chit printed on the screen, all perfectly spelled and completely incomprehensible so you catch it when you read your paragraph you go in highlight it delet it then say it right and forget the move your cursor back down to the bottom of the paragraph so your next statement winds up in the middle of the paragraph having nothing to do with what's just been said. And if you don't catch this stuff it sounds like you completely lost your mind.

I got spell check what I need is 'smell check'

DJ
PS: now before I hit submit reply I'm gonna go get another glass of wine and reread what I typed very carefully.
Sculptor is offline Find More Posts by Sculptor
Old Jan 04, 2013, 06:19 PM
Joined Aug 2011
1,603 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mac50L View Post
Why doesn't he go the whole way and install an 8" drive? Or better still a punched paper tape reader? I hope his computer is REAL and has switches and lights on the front so the binary loader can be keyed in.
Of course it's real. Radio Shack makes a great TRS-80. It can even launch the space shuttle if needed.

The paper tape reader is an add-on and works if I don't let the tape get into knots.

I almost completed the code to auto-launch my Sky Surfer then have it complete a 4 way point flight and then return to home.

It works on the simulator when I am also taste testing the moonshine Gene brought back to Florida.
Old Jan 04, 2013, 06:58 PM
Why so serious?
Joined Dec 2007
5,972 Posts
Quote:
Of course it's real. Radio Shack makes a great TRS-80. It can even launch the space shuttle if needed.

The paper tape reader is an add-on and works if I don't let the tape get into knots.

I almost completed the code to auto-launch my Sky Surfer then have it complete a 4 way point flight and then return to home.

It works on the simulator when I am also taste testing the moonshine Gene brought back to Florida.
That's Ted's shine from Savannah. I can't take credit for that.
Old Jan 04, 2013, 07:15 PM
Row 0, Seat A
Savannah, GA
Joined Jan 2008
2,721 Posts
Quote:
That's Ted's shine from Savannah. I can't take credit for that.
UhOh! That was the batch that made everyone blind. Glad I got rid of it.

Ted

ps - I'm into punched cards for Fortran 4 myself.
G550Ted is offline Find More Posts by G550Ted
Old Jan 04, 2013, 08:00 PM
Joined Aug 2011
1,603 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by G550Ted View Post
UhOh! That was the batch that made everyone blind. Glad I got rid of it.

Ted

ps - I'm into punched cards for Fortran 4 myself.
Ted

Time to fly me down another batch in you Blixler. Ya better put a beeper on it since I can't seem to see straight anymore.
Old Jan 04, 2013, 08:11 PM
AKA, Cheap Chiseler
United States, FL, North Fort Myers
Joined Mar 2012
1,174 Posts
Quote:
Ted

Time to fly me down another batch in you Blixler. Ya better put a beeper on it since I can't seem to see straight anymore.
Quote:

My flight simulator could use some of that, is there any possibility.......

DJ
Sculptor is offline Find More Posts by Sculptor