HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Reply
Thread Tools
Old Dec 29, 2012, 12:06 PM
Thread Crapper
JohnVH's Avatar
Lynden, WA
Joined Nov 2000
2,823 Posts
do not use the X, mount the motor directly to the motor mount on the bixler.

Find the holes that line up and locktite the screws and screw it on there.
JohnVH is offline Find More Posts by JohnVH
Reply With Quote
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 29, 2012, 12:52 PM
Registered User
Joined Jun 2012
139 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnVH View Post
do not use the X, mount the motor directly to the motor mount on the bixler.

Find the holes that line up and locktite the screws and screw it on there.
Thanks. I did not think to look in the bag of hardware. In it I found 4 screws and washers that will reach all the way through the wooden mount.

(newbie )

Shimmy
Shimmy is offline Find More Posts by Shimmy
Reply With Quote
Old Dec 29, 2012, 01:58 PM
CURIOSITY Has Landed!
Fugitive_Bill's Avatar
Sydney, Australia
Joined Jul 2005
1,156 Posts
In the stock V1 Bixler I found I had to remove 2 of the wooden mounting 'spacers/plates to allow the supplied bolts to get enough turns into the motor case.
As stock the bolts only make about one turn into the motor.

Luckily I did not find the hard way (in the air) that they they did get enough 'bite' and did not have Loctite,
but simply vibrated loose during bench run ups when they let go.

(I posted pictures of the mod on this thread somewhere, but at 1169 pages, I'm not gunna go back searching for that post - me being lazy and all!) -

-B!LL!
Fugitive_Bill is offline Find More Posts by Fugitive_Bill
Reply With Quote
Old Dec 29, 2012, 02:15 PM
Why so serious?
2500GENE's Avatar
United States, FL, Cape Coral
Joined Dec 2007
5,972 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fugitive_Bill View Post
In the stock V1 Bixler I found I had to remove 2 of the wooden mounting 'spacers/plates to allow the supplied bolts to get enough turns into the motor case.
As stock the bolts only make about one turn into the motor.

Luckily I did not find the hard way (in the air) that they they did get enough 'bite' and did not have Loctite,
but simply vibrated loose during bench run ups when they let go.

(I posted pictures of the mod on this thread somewhere, but at 1169 pages, I'm not gunna go back searching for that post - me being lazy and all!) -

-B!LL!

That's the spirit!
2500GENE is offline Find More Posts by 2500GENE
Reply With Quote
Old Dec 29, 2012, 04:02 PM
Thread Crapper
JohnVH's Avatar
Lynden, WA
Joined Nov 2000
2,823 Posts
thats odd, I have a bixler 1, and my bolts were plenty long into the motor, I was almost worried about them being too long.
JohnVH is offline Find More Posts by JohnVH
Reply With Quote
Old Dec 29, 2012, 05:43 PM
Registered User
Joined Jun 2012
139 Posts
I have the Bixler 1.1 (I ordered the 1.0 however HK upgraded me without asking) The 4 screws are long enough to get several turns in to the motor perhaps because the Popsicle stick motor mount is only 1 layer thick.

Funny thing. I could not get the screws to line up with the motors holes so I flipped the mount the other way and it lined up easily.

The 2826-6 motor fits in without having to cut the foam.
Shimmy is offline Find More Posts by Shimmy
Reply With Quote
Old Dec 29, 2012, 05:48 PM
Thread Crapper
JohnVH's Avatar
Lynden, WA
Joined Nov 2000
2,823 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shimmy View Post
2826-6 motor fits in without having to cut the foam.
same motor I have, its FAST!

speed run at 3:43

Christmas eve FPV flying with DragonLink (6 min 5 sec)
JohnVH is offline Find More Posts by JohnVH
Reply With Quote
Old Dec 30, 2012, 04:59 PM
Registered User
Joined Jun 2012
139 Posts
Hi,

The holes on the servo arms of the HXT-900 are too small for the push rods. What is the best way to enlarge them. I was thinking of a hot pin. Is there a better way ?

Shimmy
Shimmy is offline Find More Posts by Shimmy
Reply With Quote
Old Dec 30, 2012, 05:09 PM
Registered User
ppridday's Avatar
United States, AL, Theodore
Joined Mar 2005
299 Posts
Just use a small dia drill bit.

Paul
ppridday is online now Find More Posts by ppridday
Reply With Quote
Old Dec 30, 2012, 08:09 PM
"Auntie Samantha"
Sandancer's Avatar
USA, MO, Clever
Joined Dec 2009
4,728 Posts
I got my Sky Surfer project done. The ole' girl came out pretty nice!

I've posted the build on the "The 1400mm Sky Surfer: My Build!" pg. of my blog if you want to check it out.

Gary

Sandancer is online now Find More Posts by Sandancer
RCG Plus Member
Old Dec 31, 2012, 03:38 PM
Limited flyer
Limited flyer's Avatar
Joined Dec 2011
412 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shimmy View Post
Hi,

The holes on the servo arms of the HXT-900 are too small for the push rods. What is the best way to enlarge them. I was thinking of a hot pin. Is there a better way ?

Shimmy
Five seconds with a hobby knife should, just stick the tip in the hole and twist a few times.
Limited flyer is offline Find More Posts by Limited flyer
Reply With Quote
Old Dec 31, 2012, 04:01 PM
Why so serious?
2500GENE's Avatar
United States, FL, Cape Coral
Joined Dec 2007
5,972 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shimmy View Post
Hi,

The holes on the servo arms of the HXT-900 are too small for the push rods. What is the best way to enlarge them. I was thinking of a hot pin. Is there a better way ?

Shimmy
I use a cig lighter and heat the end of the push rod then shove it into the arm hole. Pull it out right away and let it cool. The re-insert and work into position.

so to recap:

You put the push rod in,
You pull the push rod out,
You put the push rod in,
And you twist it all about,

Optional:

You do the hokey pokey
and you turn yourself around
That what it's all about.
2500GENE is offline Find More Posts by 2500GENE
Reply With Quote
Old Dec 31, 2012, 04:10 PM
Registered User
ppridday's Avatar
United States, AL, Theodore
Joined Mar 2005
299 Posts
^^^^^^...

Sweet...

Paul
ppridday is online now Find More Posts by ppridday
Reply With Quote
Old Dec 31, 2012, 04:35 PM
AKA, Cheap Chiseler
Sculptor's Avatar
United States, FL, North Fort Myers
Joined Mar 2012
1,154 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2500GENE View Post
I use a cig lighter and heat the end of the push rod then shove it into the arm hole. Pull it out right away and let it cool. The re-insert and work into position.

so to recap:

You put the push rod in,
You pull the push rod out,
You put the push rod in,
And you twist it all about,

Optional:

You do the hokey pokey
and you turn yourself around
That what it's all about.
Eugene, that was the most imaginative and poetic description of how to burn a hole in a piece of plastic that I've ever heard.

DJ
Sculptor is offline Find More Posts by Sculptor
Reply With Quote
Old Dec 31, 2012, 06:46 PM
Why so serious?
2500GENE's Avatar
United States, FL, Cape Coral
Joined Dec 2007
5,972 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sculptor View Post
Eugene, that was the most imaginative and poetic description of how to burn a hole in a piece of plastic that I've ever heard.

DJ
Life is too short and we only have one crack at it. Might as well enjoy it and have fun when ever we can..

Happy New Year to all.
2500GENE is offline Find More Posts by 2500GENE
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
For Sale Cyber Sky Parachute (Sky Surfer) shv2sail Aircraft - Electric - Airplanes (FS/W) 6 May 28, 2013 02:14 AM
Discussion Sky Surfer nickwayne11c Electric Plane Talk 15 Nov 18, 2011 02:36 PM
Discussion Banana Hobby Sky Surfer Problems cavy92 Electric Plane Talk 56 Nov 02, 2010 02:49 AM
Question Sky Surfer LiPo mod, help... Freight Dog Power Systems 0 Aug 17, 2006 01:45 PM
Swashplate Assembly with Center Ball; is this the swash with ball mod i want? tekforce Micro Helis 4 Feb 08, 2004 05:28 PM