HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Oct 06, 2012, 03:19 PM
The Netherlands, ZH, Rotterdam
Joined Mar 2005
301 Posts
Thanks guys.. that is exactly what I will do then... Except of course feed it to the gator...

I had some gator tail a while back and it tasted a bit like glue dots... Hmmm I wonder....

Paul
ppridday is offline Find More Posts by ppridday
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 06, 2012, 05:40 PM
Why so serious?
United States, FL, Cape Coral
Joined Dec 2007
5,972 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ppridday View Post
Thanks guys.. that is exactly what I will do then... Except of course feed it to the gator...

I had some gator tail a while back and it tasted a bit like glue dots... Hmmm I wonder....

Paul
Gator ain't bad but rattlesnake is too greasy.

Eagle202 (Vince) hasn't had any tail in over 20 years.
2500GENE is offline Find More Posts by 2500GENE
Old Oct 06, 2012, 06:39 PM
Row 0, Seat A
Savannah, GA
Joined Jan 2008
2,741 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2500GENE View Post
Gator ain't bad but rattlesnake is too greasy.
You must be using Paula Dean's recipe. Slather with butter, fry in lard. You want a good rattlesnake recipe just let me know. Hard to beat a plate of snake and grits accompanied with a jelly jar of vintage Tuesday 'shine!

I scope 'em out with my Bixler. Fall and spring are the best times. Leaves are off the trees and the snakes are sunning out in the open.

Ted
G550Ted is offline Find More Posts by G550Ted
Old Oct 06, 2012, 06:45 PM
Why so serious?
United States, FL, Cape Coral
Joined Dec 2007
5,972 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by G550Ted View Post
You must be using Paula Dean's recipe. Slather with butter, fry in lard. You want a good rattlesnake recipe just let me know. Hard to beat a plate of snake and grits accompanied with a jelly jar of vintage Tuesday 'shine!

I scope 'em out with my Bixler. Fall and spring are the best times. Leaves are off the trees and the snakes are sunning out in the open.

Ted
Hey, I'm gonna be in Savannah tomorrow night for a lay over. What's this about your state not selling beer on Sundays? Perhaps you could drop some shine off otherwise I may have to just keep going till Jacksonville.
2500GENE is offline Find More Posts by 2500GENE
Old Oct 06, 2012, 07:48 PM
Row 0, Seat A
Savannah, GA
Joined Jan 2008
2,741 Posts
Quote:
Hey, I'm gonna be in Savannah tomorrow night for a lay over. What's this about your state not selling beer on Sundays? Perhaps you could drop some shine off otherwise I may have to just keep going till Jacksonville.
Law has changed. Beer is on tap so chug to your heart's content.

Check your PM.

Ted
G550Ted is offline Find More Posts by G550Ted
Old Oct 06, 2012, 09:08 PM
United States, FL, Clearwater
Joined Aug 2011
1,604 Posts
Quote:
After going to Ted's place get some shine and drop by my place once you get into Florida. We can meet and discuss some Gator tails and how they like to eat foamees.
Eagle202 is online now Find More Posts by Eagle202
Old Oct 06, 2012, 09:26 PM
┌∩┐(⋟﹏⋞)┌∩┐ The FAA
United States, GA, Cornelia
Joined Jan 2012
1,272 Posts
So i have a question about the weights.. y'all are taking them out, but are they not there for the cg?

confused am i..
nightfox7 is offline Find More Posts by nightfox7
Old Oct 06, 2012, 09:47 PM
┌∩┐(⋟﹏⋞)┌∩┐ The FAA
Joined Jan 2012
1,272 Posts
well.. i just got a little more confused.. i pulled apart the front of the SS that was given to me and there are no weights..

Anyone seen this? or maybe mine is a different version?
Old Oct 06, 2012, 09:55 PM
United States, FL, Clearwater
Joined Aug 2011
1,604 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by nightfox7 View Post
well.. i just got a little more confused.. i pulled apart the front of the SS that was given to me and there are no weights..

Anyone seen this? or maybe mine is a different version?
Not sure which version SS you have. All the earlier ones had washers or lead weight in the nose to better balance the plane when using the stock 1300mah battery.

Most of the owners pulled out the extra weight to be able to use a bigger (and heavier) 2200mah battery.
Eagle202 is online now Find More Posts by Eagle202
Old Oct 06, 2012, 10:24 PM
┌∩┐(⋟﹏⋞)┌∩┐ The FAA
Joined Jan 2012
1,272 Posts
Ah i figured it out, i have a v4
Old Oct 06, 2012, 10:37 PM
United States, CT
Joined Oct 2012
654 Posts
Greetings! My new Sky Surfer needs your help to get in the air!!!

Hi guys! I am new here at RCGroup and this will be my first post. But I assure you that I've spent countless hours stalking this forum and reading thousands of posts, especially in this thread.

So I purchased a Sky Surfer RTF Brushless to start off my RC plane career and I am super excited to get it in the air.

There is just one problem (I think). You know how the ends of the wings are curved upwards a bit? One of the wings is curved significantly more than the other and the tip reaches a 90 degree angle where as the other one curves only to a 45ish degree angle. The sticker on the more curved wing tip is a bit scrunched too which leads me to believe that's NOT how it is intended to be. The Sky Surfer box is not in bad shape either so I'm not sure how it could of happened, or maybe it's a defect.

My question to you is what should I do? Should I assemble her and test if
she can fly? Or do you think she won't fly and I should ask for a new wing or send her back?

Please check out the pictures and let me know!
The first 2 pictures are the bad wing tip
The second 2 pictures are the good wing tip

Thanks in advance to whoever helps me,
a newb but future contributor to RCGroup - Matt
TimeTrave1er is online now Find More Posts by TimeTrave1er
Old Oct 07, 2012, 12:43 AM
Chilliwack, BC Canada
Joined Mar 2010
1,092 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by TimeTrave1er View Post
Hi guys! I am new here at RCGroup and this will be my first post. But I assure you that I've spent countless hours stalking this forum and reading thousands of posts, especially in this thread.

So I purchased a Sky Surfer RTF Brushless to start off my RC plane career and I am super excited to get it in the air.

There is just one problem (I think). You know how the ends of the wings are curved upwards a bit? One of the wings is curved significantly more than the other and the tip reaches a 90 degree angle where as the other one curves only to a 45ish degree angle. The sticker on the more curved wing tip is a bit scrunched too which leads me to believe that's NOT how it is intended to be. The Sky Surfer box is not in bad shape either so I'm not sure how it could of happened, or maybe it's a defect.

My question to you is what should I do? Should I assemble her and test if
she can fly? Or do you think she won't fly and I should ask for a new wing or send her back?

Please check out the pictures and let me know!
The first 2 pictures are the bad wing tip
The second 2 pictures are the good wing tip

Thanks in advance to whoever helps me,
a newb but future contributor to RCGroup - Matt
That is not the way it is supposed to be. It was damaged somewhere along the way. If you fill a sink or a bucket with real hot water and dip that wing tip in the water for a minute or so it will very likely come out looking much like the other one. If it does not get all the way on it's own, give it a little help while it is warm. BTW, don't use boiling water and definitely don't try steam. Both will cause the foam to become quite bumpy on the surface. You are trying to get the foam hot all the way through without overheating the surface. This will cause it to expand very close to the way it was before it got bent up. BTW, I don't know what effect this will have on the decals.
Gordks is offline Find More Posts by Gordks
Old Oct 07, 2012, 12:51 AM
AKA, Cheap Chiseler
United States, FL, North Fort Myers
Joined Mar 2012
1,181 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by gordks View Post
that is not the way it is supposed to be. It was damaged somewhere along the way. If you fill a sink or a bucket with real hot water and dip that wing tip in the water for a minute or so it will very likely come out looking much like the other one. If it does not get all the way on it's own, give it a little help while it is warm. Btw, don't use boiling water and definitely don't try steam. Both will cause the foam to become quite bumpy on the surface. You are trying to get the foam hot all the way through without overheating the surface. This will cause it to expand very close to the way it was before it got bent up. Btw, i don't know what effect this will have on the decals.
+1, dj
Sculptor is offline Find More Posts by Sculptor
Old Oct 07, 2012, 02:00 AM
The only R/C pilot in the city
Kazakhstan, West Kazakhstan Province, Aksay
Joined Sep 2012
312 Posts
Some of mine mods of Bixler

Quote:
Originally Posted by ppridday View Post
OK, I got the new control horns and will put them on all surfaces, but in the meantime broke one of the clevises for an aileron. Was it ever determined which would be the best replacement clevises (clevi? ) for the Bixler for the aileron surfaces? I know in the thread there are posts about the rudder/ele...

Thanks,

Paul
Paul,
I purchased these clevises.
http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...idProduct=8421
Originally I assembled Bixler with default clevises and rods for ailerons. I crushed on third flight (tip stall) and found rod separate from plane with broken clevis. Reason of the crush?
Now my rods looks like this.
Name: 20121007_092016.jpg
Views: 118
Size: 175.4 KB
Description:
Also you can see mod to fix tail. May be you want do this way.
Name: 20121007_092044.jpg
Views: 90
Size: 181.3 KB
Description:
Just drill small default hole with drill bits MANUALLY with step of 0.5 mm to 6 mm.
You can see small piece of tube (taken from pen) hot glued on leading edge. It prevent rudder rod from unneccessary bend. When it's bend rudder works worse.
In fuselage I glued small piese of tube (taken from foam sprey) which hold 6x75 mm nylon bolt in proper position and doesn't allow smash the fuselage when you screw it in.
Name: 20121007_092455.jpg
Views: 111
Size: 159.4 KB
Description:

And finaly custom motor mount made from PVC adapter from 20 to 30 mm.
Name: 20121007_092428.jpg
Views: 106
Size: 205.7 KB
Description:
Scorpio9999 is offline Find More Posts by Scorpio9999
Old Oct 07, 2012, 02:08 AM
The only R/C pilot in the city
Kazakhstan, West Kazakhstan Province, Aksay
Joined Sep 2012
312 Posts
Wing ballast

Quote:
Originally Posted by aargee View Post
Thanks jrjr and Scorpio9999 - I'll try unbalanced first but it turns out to be one nose washer on the wing if I need it!
Self explanatory.
Name: 20121007_092234.jpg
Views: 94
Size: 172.6 KB
Description:
Scorpio9999 is offline Find More Posts by Scorpio9999