HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Oct 02, 2012, 04:46 PM
Argue for your limitations
Lincoln, CA
Joined Oct 2006
8,422 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sculptor View Post
AJ, I subscribed to that thread when it started and there are a lot of good Ideas and that CG thing was a big part of getting it right.

I unsubscripted, I track too many threads now. Besides it seems to have been designed mostly for gliding and flying FPV gear. I have no interest in a flying camera.
1. 'Oh look it's a corn field, theres a barn and another corn Field, wait till the kids see this!'

It's a Saint Barnard but the SSS thread one can learn how to make that dog bark.
2. Have fun with it.

DJ
1. ROFLMAO
2. Thanks, I hope to learn a lot from those folks.
AJ
ajbaker is offline Find More Posts by ajbaker
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 02, 2012, 05:08 PM
AKA, Cheap Chiseler
United States, FL, North Fort Myers
Joined Mar 2012
1,173 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ajbaker View Post
1. ROFLMAO
2. Thanks, I hope to learn a lot from those folks.
AJ
1. ROFLMAO say WHAT! Don't know what that means AJ.

The SSS thread is getting an asset having you involved but don't forget us while your there.

DJ
Sculptor is offline Find More Posts by Sculptor
Old Oct 02, 2012, 05:22 PM
Argue for your limitations
Lincoln, CA
Joined Oct 2006
8,422 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sculptor View Post
1. ROFLMAO say WHAT! Don't know what that means AJ.

The SSS thread is getting an asset having you involved but don't forget us while your there.

DJ
Rolling On thr Floor - Laughing My @ss Off.
And, thanks for the kind words. However, this is my home thread. So, I'll just be over there just once in a while.
AJ
ajbaker is offline Find More Posts by ajbaker
Old Oct 02, 2012, 09:41 PM
United States, FL, Clearwater
Joined Aug 2011
1,601 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scorpio9999 View Post
I started without trainer as well. I do some basic acrobatic and low flights on second flight. Just uploaded the video.

http://youtu.be/Im27OGii05k
When you are making loops be careful and do not power up as you go over the top. That puts a lot stress on the wings and they may fold up.

Best to be higher up and let it just make the loop without any power. If you are too low it might not be able to pull out by itself and if you power it up the wings may not like it.
Eagle202 is offline Find More Posts by Eagle202
Old Oct 03, 2012, 06:12 AM
Joined Apr 2012
937 Posts
I need a prop adapter that fits bixler stockmotorshaft (3mm) and the TGS 6x4e prop. thank you
timtimtim is offline Find More Posts by timtimtim
Old Oct 03, 2012, 06:52 AM
Australia, QLD, Oxenford
Joined Oct 2010
2,022 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by timtimtim View Post
I need a prop adapter that fits bixler stockmotorshaft (3mm) and the TGS 6x4e prop. thank you
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showp...ostcount=16649

Search and you will find it.....
taz101 is offline Find More Posts by taz101
Old Oct 03, 2012, 10:03 AM
The only R/C pilot in the city
Kazakhstan, West Kazakhstan Province, Aksay
Joined Sep 2012
310 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eagle202 View Post
When you are making loops be careful and do not power up as you go over the top. That puts a lot stress on the wings and they may fold up.

Best to be higher up and let it just make the loop without any power. If you are too low it might not be able to pull out by itself and if you power it up the wings may not like it.
Thanks for info. I know it kind of risk. There is no any FPV gear now and weight is low enough. Probably I wouldn't repeat an aerobatic as it not interesting for me and Bixler is not target for that. For me she is for training and as flying Lab for FPV equipment in future.

Off-topic: Can anybody say why I cannot see my avatar? I added in in my profile but it doesn't appear at the left side of posts.
Scorpio9999 is offline Find More Posts by Scorpio9999
Last edited by Scorpio9999; Oct 03, 2012 at 10:09 AM.
Old Oct 03, 2012, 08:56 PM
Why so serious?
United States, FL, Cape Coral
Joined Dec 2007
5,972 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scorpio9999 View Post
Thanks for info. I know it kind of risk. There is no any FPV gear now and weight is low enough. Probably I wouldn't repeat an aerobatic as it not interesting for me and Bixler is not target for that. For me she is for training and as flying Lab for FPV equipment in future.

Off-topic: Can anybody say why I cannot see my avatar? I added in in my profile but it doesn't appear at the left side of posts.
It's in JPEG format but has a GIF extension. Rename it with a JPEG extension.
or use this one,
Gad, you people from West Kazakhstan are so 80's.
2500GENE is offline Find More Posts by 2500GENE
Old Oct 04, 2012, 12:25 AM
Joined Sep 2010
299 Posts
Has anyone made a landing gear wheel mod at the CG point, similar to the super sky surfer? I'll be setting up my bixler for FPV, and want to avoid the whole juggle between my eyeglasses and goggles, and would prefer to launch/land with goggles on.
Zangetsu57 is offline Find More Posts by Zangetsu57
Old Oct 04, 2012, 05:49 AM
Gravity impaired
United States, NY, Wolcott
Joined Nov 2004
1,516 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zangetsu57 View Post
Has anyone made a landing gear wheel mod at the CG point, similar to the super sky surfer? I'll be setting up my bixler for FPV, and want to avoid the whole juggle between my eyeglasses and goggles, and would prefer to launch/land with goggles on.
For starters, you want the gear ahead of the CG or it wlll nose over all the time

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showp...&postcount=173
jrjr is offline Find More Posts by jrjr
Old Oct 04, 2012, 06:47 AM
Joined Feb 2011
6 Posts
OK, I've just built my first RC, a Bixler. Have got the fore-aft CG just right at 60mm from the leading edge of the wing but the plane suffers from a left-right out of balance - is it necessary to worry too much about this? (I can't even see where the L-R balance mismatch could be).
aargee is offline Find More Posts by aargee
Old Oct 04, 2012, 07:49 AM
Joined Sep 2012
310 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by aargee View Post
OK, I've just built my first RC, a Bixler. Have got the fore-aft CG just right at 60mm from the leading edge of the wing but the plane suffers from a left-right out of balance - is it necessary to worry too much about this? (I can't even see where the L-R balance mismatch could be).
I had the same situation. Balanced so she can sit on her fuselage on floor with slow roll to wing. In air hands free flight is Ok.
Old Oct 04, 2012, 07:53 AM
Gravity impaired
United States, NY, Wolcott
Joined Nov 2004
1,516 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by aargee View Post
I would get it as close as you can. Sometimes just the density of the foam differs from one wing to the other which makes it weigh more than the other.Try taping a penny to the end of one wing and see if it balances. If its way too much maybe just a straight pin or 2 pushed into the end of the wing will do. Perhaps a 6p nail and keep cutting it shorter till it balances. Get it balanced and your maiden flight will go much easier for you.
jrjr is offline Find More Posts by jrjr
Old Oct 04, 2012, 08:25 AM
Joined Sep 2012
310 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2500GENE View Post
It's in JPEG format but has a GIF extension. Rename it with a JPEG extension.
or use this one,
Gad, you people from West Kazakhstan are so 80's.
Original image was GIF. I saved it as JPG as I remember and sent here. Probably I made a mistake somewhere in the middle.

I didn't understand how you calculate 80's. Never mind. Have you been in West Kazakhstan? Just to know.
Old Oct 04, 2012, 09:32 AM
Joined Sep 2012
310 Posts
Today I've been in hobby shop in Samara, Russia (400 km one way trip). I bought two variants of carbon tubes. 6x5 and 6x3. For 5 mm inner diameter I bought a 4 mm tube and for 3 mm - 3 mm rod. I'll test 6x5 + 4mm tube, 6x3 + 3mm rod and just 6x3 tube. I'll post my thoughts afterwards.

Carbon is very expensive here - $6.25 per item. You can compare with Hobby King.