HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Sep 01, 2012, 08:27 PM
AKA, Cheap Chiseler
United States, FL, North Fort Myers
Joined Mar 2012
1,173 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prof100 View Post
It's 3M STORAGE TAPE with a PN 3650 Series. I even gave you the 3M home website with the technical details. Did you miss my reply?
All this over tape, this is how a good thread dies. STOP!

DJ
Sculptor is offline Find More Posts by Sculptor
to remove ads between posts
Old Sep 01, 2012, 08:33 PM
Canton, Michigan USA
Joined Jul 2007
16,569 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sculptor View Post
All this over tape, this is how a good thread dies. STOP!

DJ
DJ,

What's your problem? I just answered his question (albeit the for the 2nd time). Sometimes people miss the reply.

Bill
Prof100 is online now Find More Posts by Prof100
RCG Plus Member
Old Sep 01, 2012, 09:53 PM
Canada, ON, Toronto
Joined Apr 2011
1,650 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prof100 View Post
It's 3M STORAGE TAPE with a PN 3650 Series. I even gave you the 3M home website with the technical details. Did you miss my reply?
No, didn't miss it (thx btw)...just responding to the...do some research snip.
idletime is online now Find More Posts by idletime
Old Sep 01, 2012, 10:15 PM
United States, FL, Clearwater
Joined Aug 2011
1,602 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2500GENE View Post
I live to point out your inadequacies.
oh i didn't know you were still alive living up there in NJ.
Eagle202 is offline Find More Posts by Eagle202
Old Sep 01, 2012, 10:21 PM
United States, FL, Clearwater
Joined Aug 2011
1,602 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2500GENE View Post
I think it would be stupid NOT to ask a question if you weren't sure.

My only question today is how many gallons of moonshine did G550Ted drink today?
Are you worried that Ted drank some of what you ordered from him?
Eagle202 is offline Find More Posts by Eagle202
Old Sep 01, 2012, 10:41 PM
BGR
Foam Junkie
United States, CA, Oceanside
Joined Dec 2003
1,656 Posts
Quote:
This was posted on another thread. I damn near fell out of the chair laughting. This must be the perfect FPV platform.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=sXUeO3auRZg

Credit for this amazing Video - Prof100

DJ
And it took us how long to invent the steady cam, that damn chicken had it built in all along.
BGR is offline Find More Posts by BGR
Old Sep 01, 2012, 10:58 PM
BGR
Foam Junkie
Joined Dec 2003
1,656 Posts
Quote:
I took my first flying lesson yesterday, buddy boxed with a club trainer using my Cessna 182 63" I bought to learn to fly my SS.
Congrats Sculptor. The Cessna is a good bird to learn on, it is forgiving but at the same time demanding in some ways. Very un-glider like wouldn't you say?

I recall my first few and only lessons with an instructor. It didn't take long and he signed me off, in my view way too early. He just said " Go ahead and land her son, your ready". I didn't think so at that moment but it all worked out.
Old Sep 01, 2012, 11:05 PM
It should fly at least once
Australia, NSW, Grenfell
Joined Mar 2006
2,598 Posts
I think one of the main problems (IMHO) is that most on here have had the same questions so many times it has become annoying as it seems that people will not use the search button to help themselves. Even posing a question on Google will give you many results.
It is just like kids.its easier to ask than to find out for themselves, all my kids were told to look it up and then if they cannot find it or understand it then ask.
clive45 is offline Find More Posts by clive45
Old Sep 01, 2012, 11:19 PM
Canada, ON, Toronto
Joined Apr 2011
1,650 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by clive45 View Post
I think one of the main problems (IMHO) is that most on here have had the same questions so many times it has become annoying as it seems that people will not use the search button to help themselves. Even posing a question on Google will give you many results.
It is just like kids.its easier to ask than to find out for themselves, all my kids were told to look it up and then if they cannot find it or understand it then ask.
With all do respect...that's NOT the situation here.

Guy says he found AWESOME tape. Second guy asks - well...what's that tape. First guy says go find your own sh$t in the hardware store.

A) What's the point of mentioning you found awesome tape (or whatever) if you don't want to share it - or you are going to blow a gasket if someone asks you about what you just posted.

B) If its trivial - why waste your time answering?? I assure you...there is something you are going to ask that you think is a great question - and some of us will think you are a loser for not knowing that answer.

C) This IS the sky surfer / Bixler thread - the easiest of trainers, for essentially beginners....if you hang out here - you should expect beginner questions - see point B.

D) THIS is a forum for questions and answers - its not google, so I miss your point about looking something up (Here).
idletime is online now Find More Posts by idletime
Old Sep 01, 2012, 11:20 PM
BGR
Foam Junkie
Joined Dec 2003
1,656 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by clive45 View Post
Very true...and one can get a lot more information by searching and comparing various opinions and answers on any subject one desires to query. The beauty of the Internet is under utilized and taken for granted, often by the young ones.

Quote:
Originally Posted by idletime View Post
With all do respect...that's NOT the situation here.

Guy says he found AWESOME tape. Second guy asks - well...what's that tape. First guy says go find your own sh$t in the hardware store.

A) What's the point of mentioning you found awesome tape (or whatever) if you don't want to share it - or you are going to blow a gasket if someone asks you about what you just posted.

B) If its trivial - why waste your time answering?? I assure you...there is something you are going to ask that you think is a great question - and some of us will think you are a loser for not knowing that answer.

C) This IS the sky surfer / Bixler thread - the easiest of trainers, for essentially beginners....if you hang out here - you should expect beginner questions - see point B.

D) THIS is a forum for questions and answers - its not google, so I miss your point about looking something up (Here).
Yes item D is true, and yes I think you did miss his point. I have made the same observation about my kid, he knows how to find the answers but too lazy to do so.
Last edited by BGR; Sep 01, 2012 at 11:31 PM.
Old Sep 01, 2012, 11:22 PM
I need a bigger shed..
Australia, TAS, Launceston
Joined Nov 2011
1,498 Posts
^ agreed guys, limited flyer, you seem to have an attitude, why? Before posting, take a breath and think about what your gonna post, if its nasty then don't post. Everyone else here is very helpful, and shares their knowledge and experiences, whether simple or not. We all learn together, please don't drag everyone down.
sammyc is offline Find More Posts by sammyc
Old Sep 02, 2012, 12:06 AM
It should fly at least once
Australia, NSW, Grenfell
Joined Mar 2006
2,598 Posts
The idea behind searching and also using Google is that it is a good habit to get into. It will also lead you to many threads with some amazing people who have gone to great lengths to show and explain how and why you do something. By simply asking a question in one thread before doing any research is limiting your access to a lot of knowledge which many will not keep on repeating.
No one wants to NOTgive assistance to anyone regardless of their being a newbie or not, but usually you like to see that the other person is at least trying to help them selves. Otherwise whats the point of recording information at all if you only need to ask when you don't know or forget.
Most exams taken only give a point for the answer and the rest for how you got to it.
Sorry for the long post but just wanted to clear that up.
I'll go back to sleep now......................zzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
clive45 is offline Find More Posts by clive45
Old Sep 02, 2012, 03:29 AM
Argue for your limitations
Lincoln, CA
Joined Oct 2006
8,422 Posts
Nearly all threads have a dark cloud......He is ours

Quote:
Originally Posted by sammyc View Post
^ agreed guys, limited flyer, you seem to have an attitude, why? Before posting, take a breath and think about what your gonna post, if its nasty then don't post. Everyone else here is very helpful, and shares their knowledge and experiences, whether simple or not. We all learn together, please don't drag everyone down.
+1. Well said. Many have tried to earnestly help him. After a long, long, time and many efforts, I have concluded that he is only a detriment to this thread. Hopefully, sooner or later, he will just go away. He has very, very few "helpful" posts - if any at all. As thread starter and Page #1 librarian, I apologize for him.
AJ
P.S. This is also a good time to stop and give a BIG Thank You to all of you that have generously and freely helped so many. You know who you are..
ajbaker is offline Find More Posts by ajbaker
Old Sep 02, 2012, 05:15 AM
An Aussie in Dubai
United Arab Emirates, Dubai
Joined Jan 2009
266 Posts
For everyone who endured the back and forth about "The Tape" over the at 24 hrs, I like to add a comment specifically about tape.
I recently built a new bird and not trusting the foam hinges, I sanded then out and went to the LHS to get some Extreme packing tape. (Side note - I'd already been to many hardware stores here in Singapore and could not find the 3M brand)
Anyway, the LHS store had some reinforced tape that looked OK - made in Canada - so I assumed it should be fine.
Anyway, today I maidened the new bird - a few rough landings, one very mild cartwheel.
I was very surprised to see that 3 out of 6 of the hinges on the elevator split straight across the reinforcement. Each hinge was about 1/2 (12mm) wide

Net result is that I need to find better tape.
The moral (and this relates to the many messages above) is that to assume makes an
ASS out of U and ME.
Lets all keep smiling - and have a great day.
Cheers.
pghern is offline Find More Posts by pghern
Old Sep 02, 2012, 06:45 AM
United States, MA, Tyngsborough
Joined Jun 2010
288 Posts
Joining parts together without glue. - with TAPE

As a mechanical engineer, felt gluing the small ridges of fuse together with glue was not very strong. So ... Instead put bands of 3/4" wide reinforced clear tape about every 4 inches completely around the fuse or strapped across the seam in the wing area.

Ran strips of tape down the seams from the nose to the tail on the landing area seam.

Taped the rudder to the elevator and to the fuse by bridging the parts with tape.

Also added 24" carbon-fiber in the bottom seam of the fuse from wing to tail.
Put carbon rod from the fuse rear-wheel hole through the elevator 3 inches into the rudder.
Joined the wing with the velcro on the bottom method.
Put second 1-foot long carbon-fiber rod inside the wing rod.

Results: strong, light, very fast build.
OwlPic is offline Find More Posts by OwlPic