SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Aug 23, 2012, 08:21 PM
AKA, Cheap Chiseler
United States, FL, North Fort Myers
Joined Mar 2012
1,174 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Limited flyer View Post
Some body correct me if i am wrong, but,with a dx6i {wich is what i have} , should you really need a servo reverser? Is not the raido capable of doing that through programming?
It might be but I don't see how since both flaps are 'Y'ed' to the gear Chanel.

DJ
Sculptor is offline Find More Posts by Sculptor
to remove ads between posts
Old Aug 23, 2012, 10:09 PM
BGR
Foam Junkie
United States, CA, Oceanside
Joined Dec 2003
1,656 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Limited flyer View Post
Some body correct me if i am wrong, but,with a dx6i {wich is what i have} , should you really need a servo reverser? Is not the raido capable of doing that through programming?
The DX6i will reverse the channel so that the servo works the other way...but if you have 2 servos such as flaps on a y harness and want one servo to move the other way you have to flip the servo around.
BGR is offline Find More Posts by BGR
Old Aug 23, 2012, 10:15 PM
Canton, Michigan USA
Joined Jul 2007
16,580 Posts
By the way, do NOT consider buying external servo reversers such a Y with a reverser built in or an in line reverser. Spektrum radio systems do NOT like them. I know first hand. I splatted a twin ducted fan F22 on the runway when the reverser failed to reverse the elevon.
Prof100 is online now Find More Posts by Prof100
RCG Plus Member
Old Aug 23, 2012, 10:20 PM
AKA, Cheap Chiseler
Joined Mar 2012
1,174 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by BGR View Post
The DX6i will reverse the channel so that the servo works the other way...but if you have 2 servos such as flaps on a y harness and want one servo to move the other way you have to flip the servo around.
Or get a 'Reversing 'Y' which reverse one leg. No transmitter can reverse one leg of a 'Y'.

DJ
Old Aug 23, 2012, 10:23 PM
BGR
Foam Junkie
Joined Dec 2003
1,656 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prof100 View Post
By the way, do NOT consider buying external servo reversers such a Y with a reverser built in or an in line reverser. Spektrum radio systems do NOT like them. I know first hand. I splatted a twin ducted fan F22 on the runway when the reverser failed to reverse the elevon.
Are you sure it was not a failure of the reverser? The receiver is going to output a servo pulse train and does not know whats on the other end.
Old Aug 24, 2012, 01:59 AM
Chilliwack, BC Canada
Joined Mar 2010
1,092 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by BGR View Post
Are you sure it was not a failure of the reverser? The receiver is going to output a servo pulse train and does not know whats on the other end.
http://www.spektrumrc.com/Experience...Practices.aspx

Right column - Don't - second from the bottom. It is a known problem with certain Spektrum gear. There is a lot on this if you do a search.

Gord
Gordks is offline Find More Posts by Gordks
Old Aug 24, 2012, 06:26 AM
United States, FL, Clearwater
Joined Aug 2011
1,603 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sculptor View Post
It might be but I don't see how since both flaps are 'Y'ed' to the gear Chanel.

DJ
Sculptor

Maybe I misunderstood the earlier part of this conversation. How is your plane set up? Do you have two sets of servos, one for the ailerons and the other for the flaps?

I have a single pair of servos for my SS that originally controlled the ailerons using a single channel out of the Rx and a Y connector. What I did was move one of the servo wires from the Y to the Aux channel and then programmed my DX6i using two channels so I can still have aileron control and flaps using the same set of servos. I just programmed one of my switches to turn the flaps on or off.

If that is not what you are trying to accomplish then please ignore this post.

Vince
Eagle202 is offline Find More Posts by Eagle202
Old Aug 24, 2012, 04:56 PM
Limited flyer
Joined Dec 2011
412 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eagle202 View Post
Sculptor

Maybe I misunderstood the earlier part of this conversation. How is your plane set up? Do you have two sets of servos, one for the ailerons and the other for the flaps?

I have a single pair of servos for my SS that originally controlled the ailerons using a single channel out of the Rx and a Y connector. What I did was move one of the servo wires from the Y to the Aux channel and then programmed my DX6i using two channels so I can still have aileron control and flaps using the same set of servos. I just programmed one of my switches to turn the flaps on or off.

If that is not what you are trying to accomplish then please ignore this post.

Vince
Don't know what sculptor was trying to say,l but your post is what i was trying to say, thanks for filling in my blanks.
Limited flyer is offline Find More Posts by Limited flyer
Old Aug 24, 2012, 07:02 PM
Canton, Michigan USA
Joined Jul 2007
16,580 Posts
Quote:
Or get a 'Reversing 'Y' which reverse one leg. No transmitter can reverse one leg of a 'Y'.

DJ
See the Don't column from Spektrum (at red arrow)
RCG Plus Member
Old Aug 24, 2012, 07:26 PM
AKA, Cheap Chiseler
Joined Mar 2012
1,174 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prof100 View Post
See the Don't column from Spektrum (at red arrow)
Thank you,

How do I reverse the servo, which is on one leg of a reverse Y?

DJ
Old Aug 24, 2012, 07:40 PM
It should fly at least once
Australia, NSW, Grenfell
Joined Mar 2006
2,599 Posts
Find the lead plugged into your ail channel and remove it completely (Y lead). Use extensions if needed and plug the 2 servo leads 1 into ail ch and the other into aux ch of the RX. Set up your tx to operate the servos as required. Read TX manual
This will also let you set up flaperons and spoilers as well.
As said before don't use rev Y leads with spektrum RX's
clive45 is offline Find More Posts by clive45
Old Aug 24, 2012, 07:51 PM
AKA, Cheap Chiseler
Joined Mar 2012
1,174 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by clive45 View Post
Find the lead plugged into your ail channel and remove it. Use extensions if needed and plug the 2 servo leads 1 into ail ch and the other into aux ch of the RX. Set up your tx to operate the servos as required. This will also let you set up flaperons and spoilers as well.
As said before don't use rev Y leads with spektrum RX's
I don't understand it all yet but I will shortly. Thank You ( I'm on my second glass of wine)

I just got it and the logic in it after rereading it.

Thank you,

DJ
Old Aug 24, 2012, 07:58 PM
Canton, Michigan USA
Joined Jul 2007
16,580 Posts
RCG Plus Member
Last edited by Prof100; Aug 24, 2012 at 08:15 PM.
Old Aug 24, 2012, 08:11 PM
It should fly at least once
Australia, NSW, Grenfell
Joined Mar 2006
2,599 Posts
With out being rude to Sculptor I think we need to use the KISS principle to start with while he gets his head around it and another glass of wine.
Get the ail's sorted first then move on. eh
clive45 is offline Find More Posts by clive45
Old Aug 24, 2012, 11:41 PM
BGR
Foam Junkie
Joined Dec 2003
1,656 Posts
Quote:
Thank you,

How do I reverse the servo, which is on one leg of a reverse Y?

DJ
If this is for 2 flap servos on a simple Y harness connected to one channel you cannot reverse the servo without reversing the other servo. What you have to do is mount the servos so they both move in the same direction.

If this is for 2 Aileron servos on a simple Y harness you have 2 choices.

1. Do the same thing I mentioned for flap servos but make them move in the opposite direction.

2. If you have a computer radio with dual aileron capability then remove the Y harness and connect one servo to the aileron channel and the other to the aux. Then setup the radio for dual aileron servos.