HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Aug 21, 2012, 02:46 PM
Joined Jan 2012
285 Posts
Thankyou Sculptor.. I might be trying something very odd,, I have a full set of Freeman 1600 wings but cannot locate a fuselage for it,, and a bixler 2 fuse is $14 from hobbyking.. so thats what I was thinking..
GTiDonavan is offline Find More Posts by GTiDonavan
to remove ads between posts
Old Aug 21, 2012, 03:01 PM
CURIOSITY Has Landed!
Sydney, Australia
Joined Jul 2005
1,170 Posts
Sorry to butt in Donavan,
That sounds like an interesting project your up to.
I was wondering why you wanted those measurements!
I'll be curious to see the results (ie: some pix) if you go ahead with it!
Have fun!
-B!LL!
Fugitive_Bill is offline Find More Posts by Fugitive_Bill
Old Aug 21, 2012, 03:13 PM
AKA, Cheap Chiseler
United States, FL, North Fort Myers
Joined Mar 2012
1,181 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ajbaker View Post
That is a classic reverser problem. Replace it. If you want to test it some more, put it on the other servo and it will do the same thing. Or, put the reverser on either one (or the rudder {for testing only}. The problem should follow the reverser.
AJ
Thank you AJ, changing out the reversing Y connector fixed it.
AJ it seems to have another problem. The servo in question 'chatters' in the off position, can you or someone help me stop that?

DJ
Sculptor is offline Find More Posts by Sculptor
Old Aug 21, 2012, 03:27 PM
Argue for your limitations
Lincoln, CA
Joined Oct 2006
8,422 Posts
more info pease

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sculptor View Post
Thank you AJ, changing out the reversing Y connector fixed it.
AJ it seems to have another problem. The servo in question 'chatters' in the off position, can you or someone help me stop that?

DJ
What do you mean by the "off" position?
AJ
ajbaker is offline Find More Posts by ajbaker
Old Aug 21, 2012, 03:59 PM
AKA, Cheap Chiseler
Joined Mar 2012
1,181 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ajbaker View Post
What do you mean by the "off" position?
AJ
A switch on my DX6i (upper left side switch turns the flaps '0' off and '1 F mode' on. When in the off '0' position the flaps are up or off, thats when the reversed servo set there and chatters.

DJ
Old Aug 21, 2012, 09:44 PM
BGR
Foam Junkie
United States, CA, Oceanside
Joined Dec 2003
1,656 Posts
Quote:
A switch on my DX6i (upper left side switch turns the flaps '0' off and '1 F mode' on. When in the off '0' position the flaps are up or off, thats when the reversed servo set there and chatters.

DJ
Sounds like a servo stall or a bad servo.
BGR is offline Find More Posts by BGR
Old Aug 21, 2012, 09:51 PM
AKA, Cheap Chiseler
Joined Mar 2012
1,181 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by BGR View Post
Sounds like a servo stall or a bad servo.
I will change it out with another 'Hextronik' servo.

Thank you,

DJ
Old Aug 21, 2012, 10:18 PM
Canada, ON, Toronto
Joined Apr 2011
1,650 Posts
Need some coments - Which is better (backround at end)

Power system: NTM Prop drive 35-30, 1100kv, 8x6 prop.

On 3S - 50% throttle - 400g thrust @ 4.2A.......at 100% throttle - 880g thrust @ 15A

Or 4S - 50% throttle - 500g thrust @ 5A.........at 100% throttle - 1350g thrust @ 23A

Trying to finish a build by Sunday - leaving for a long trip and want to take a FPV Bixler with me - so kinda rushed.

Any comments on which drive system would be better?? Don't know the final weight as the build is not finished but assume the usual.
idletime is offline Find More Posts by idletime
Last edited by idletime; Aug 21, 2012 at 10:20 PM. Reason: typo
Old Aug 22, 2012, 07:05 AM
I need a bigger shed..
Australia, TAS, Launceston
Joined Nov 2011
1,498 Posts
If anyones interested on build info of my latest bixer (post #8):
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showt...3#post22515837
sammyc is offline Find More Posts by sammyc
Old Aug 22, 2012, 11:36 AM
Canada, ON, Toronto
Joined Apr 2011
1,650 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by sammyc View Post
If anyones interested on build info of my latest bixer (post #8):
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showt...3#post22515837
I think I like the re-location of the tail servo's to the tail. How much did it affect the CG or did you find it negligible?
Old Aug 22, 2012, 02:09 PM
AKA, Cheap Chiseler
Joined Mar 2012
1,181 Posts
Quote:

DJ
I changed out the servo and the new one also chatters in the flaps off, not deployed position. sometimes it stop chattering but most of the time it does.
Strange, on my Cessna with flaps the switch on the tx works in the opposite position. Don't know if that means anything.

Are servos always powered?

DJ
Old Aug 22, 2012, 05:42 PM
Chilliwack, BC Canada
Joined Mar 2010
1,092 Posts
Quote:
I changed out the servo and the new one also chatters in the flaps off, not deployed position. sometimes it stop chattering but most of the time it does.
Strange, on my Cessna with flaps the switch on the tx works in the opposite position. Don't know if that means anything.

Are servos always powered?

DJ
Servos are always trying to stay at a particular position. If it can't get to that position, possibly because the surface it controls can't go that far, it will keep trying, and buzzing as it does so. That is what people refer to as 'stalled'.

As an experiment, try moving one of your control surfaces (not too hard) with the plane ready for flight. The servo connected to that surface should start to chatter as you try to force it to a position other than where it wants to be.

Try changing the end point in the transmitter of that noisy servo so that it is not trying to go as far in the 'off' direction. Or fix whatever is preventing the control surface from going to the point the servo is trying to move it to. You might even find that the wire is in the wrong hole in either the control arm on the servo (too far out) or the control horn on the other end of the wire (to far in).

Good luck.

Gord
Gordks is offline Find More Posts by Gordks
Old Aug 22, 2012, 06:50 PM
I need a bigger shed..
Australia, TAS, Launceston
Joined Nov 2011
1,498 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by idletime View Post
I think I like the re-location of the tail servo's to the tail. How much did it affect the CG or did you find it negligible?
A fair bit, with the FPV gear mounted, a 2200mAh is right the way forward, which will allow for bigger batteries to be used maintaining CG.
Without any extra weight in the front and only using a 2200 all the way forward, it wouldn't balance out
sammyc is offline Find More Posts by sammyc
Old Aug 22, 2012, 10:58 PM
Canada, ON, Toronto
Joined Apr 2011
1,650 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by sammyc View Post
A fair bit, with the FPV gear mounted, a 2200mAh is right the way forward, which will allow for bigger batteries to be used maintaining CG.
Without any extra weight in the front and only using a 2200 all the way forward, it wouldn't balance out
Its a very interesting idea. I will mount similar to you, but closer to the engine to minimize leverage all the way out at the tail.

Part of my problem is I want to travel with this Bixler and its to long to fit in any luggage I have. Thinking of 'cutting' the tail off and figuring out a coupling system so it can be re-attached

Anybody with an ideas???
Old Aug 23, 2012, 09:15 PM
Limited flyer
Joined Dec 2011
412 Posts
Quote:

DJ
Some body correct me if i am wrong, but,with a dx6i {wich is what i have} , should you really need a servo reverser? Is not the raido capable of doing that through programming?
Limited flyer is offline Find More Posts by Limited flyer