HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Reply
Thread Tools
Old Nov 16, 2010, 04:59 AM
Registered User
Joined Sep 2009
184 Posts
Sky Surfer Maiden

I finally managed to post my Sky Surfer videos.....very poor quality but oh well
Sky Surfer Maiden (9 min 59 sec)
moon12 is offline Find More Posts by moon12
Reply With Quote
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 16, 2010, 05:19 AM
Argue for your limitations
ajbaker's Avatar
Lincoln, CA
Joined Oct 2006
8,424 Posts
Nice video- But suspicious character noticed

Quote:
Originally Posted by moon12 View Post
I finally managed to post my Sky Surfer videos.....very poor quality but oh wellhttp://www.vimeo.com/16879844
The quality is fine and the flying every bit as good & better. You did Great! A teeth mounted camera. Now that is a first. It sure worked out good. IMO, you have NOTHING to be ashamed of at all. I especially liked seeing the video from the ground and the OBC. Good Job. BTW-Who is the old guy that was flying the plane and abusing it on the bench?
AJ
ajbaker is offline Find More Posts by ajbaker
Reply With Quote
Old Nov 16, 2010, 07:03 AM
Suspended Account
Κύπρος, Λευκωσία, Πέρα Χωριό
Joined Jan 2010
9,530 Posts
I maidened my friends SS today.. VERY nice flying plane.. relaxing flying.. and all

BUT I also got my second SS from BEVRC.. The package was severely damaged..
I got it and the fuse of the skysurfer that was supposed to be my SS with all my mods is well bend like an arch
I'm never going to buy from them again unless they send me a new fuse. .I will try to contact them.. if that's not possible I will buy a new fuse from BH and give them the trust I gave them the first place and never let me down so far..
pavcon is offline Find More Posts by pavcon
Reply With Quote
Old Nov 16, 2010, 09:16 AM
You down with EPP?
johnnyrocco123's Avatar
Houston, Tx
Joined May 2009
6,853 Posts
Wow, what is the problem with this airframe making it to someone without damage?


That sucks
johnnyrocco123 is offline Find More Posts by johnnyrocco123
Reply With Quote
Old Nov 16, 2010, 09:23 AM
Registered User
Prof100's Avatar
Canton, Michigan USA
Joined Jul 2007
16,648 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by pavcon View Post
I maidened my friends SS today.. VERY nice flying plane.. relaxing flying.. and all

BUT I also got my second SS from BEVRC.. The package was severely damaged..
I got it and the fuse of the skysurfer that was supposed to be my SS with all my mods is well bend like an arch
I'm never going to buy from them again unless they send me a new fuse. .I will try to contact them.. if that's not possible I will buy a new fuse from BH and give them the trust I gave them the first place and never let me down so far..
.
Bummer. Mine was perfect from BEVRC. BH shipped me a SS without the wings.
Prof100 is offline Find More Posts by Prof100
RCG Plus Member
Old Nov 16, 2010, 09:25 AM
Registered User
Alabama
Joined Sep 2010
130 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by pavcon View Post
I maidened my friends SS today.. VERY nice flying plane.. relaxing flying.. and all

BUT I also got my second SS from BEVRC.. The package was severely damaged..
I got it and the fuse of the skysurfer that was supposed to be my SS with all my mods is well bend like an arch
I'm never going to buy from them again unless they send me a new fuse. .I will try to contact them.. if that's not possible I will buy a new fuse from BH and give them the trust I gave them the first place and never let me down so far..
Hate to hear that, pavcon, but don't be too quick to jump on the BH wagon. I received a bent fuse and bent wing from BH a week and a half ago and still have not received any kind of RMA info from their horrendous customer service. It is funny that my experience and feelings toward BH are exactly the same as yours toward BEVRC!! I wish I had bought from Bev!

So I guess the lesson here is if you plan on dealing with any of these second rate companies you get what you pay for. The Sky Surfer is a great plane at a great price, but it may take you 3 months to get it right no matter who you order it from. To increase my frustration, this was to be my first plane...ever. So it may take me a few months just to get off the ground. Really wish I had just bought a parkzone trainer of some sort at the LHS now. But I'll stick it out and get the SS in the air eventually.
studawg66 is offline Find More Posts by studawg66
Reply With Quote
Old Nov 16, 2010, 09:34 AM
You down with EPP?
johnnyrocco123's Avatar
Houston, Tx
Joined May 2009
6,853 Posts
Too bad Tower, Horizon, Soaring USA, Esprit Model, or Value Hobby don't carry the SS. All of these have excellent customer service.
johnnyrocco123 is offline Find More Posts by johnnyrocco123
Reply With Quote
Old Nov 16, 2010, 10:48 AM
Suspended Account
Κύπρος, Λευκωσία, Πέρα Χωριό
Joined Jan 2010
9,530 Posts
btw I forgot to mention the most amazing thing.. after a 20 minute flight.. I charged the battery and only put 800mah in it...
comparing to my EDFs that's something new for me.. flown it with a 2200mah 15c pack that I had from my wingdragon.. not exactly a "quality" or new pack.. it also came tad tailheavy but the olnly effect I had in flight was a veryvery slight climb at full throttle
pavcon is offline Find More Posts by pavcon
Reply With Quote
Old Nov 16, 2010, 11:03 AM
Argue for your limitations
ajbaker's Avatar
Lincoln, CA
Joined Oct 2006
8,424 Posts
Fuselage et al

Quote:
Originally Posted by pavcon View Post

BUT I also got my second SS from BEVRC.. The package was severely damaged..
I got it and the fuse of the skysurfer that was supposed to be my SS with all my mods is well bend like an arch
I'm never going to buy from them again unless they send me a new fuse. .I will try to contact them.. if that's not possible I will buy a new fuse from BH and give them the trust I gave them the first place and never let me down so far..
I don't blame you. That is the one big down-side of dealing with BEVRC. Their care in packaging is non-existent. If I lived in Cyprus, I would not deal with BEVRC at all. The packaging totally sucks. The only plus compared to BH is at least you got the plane. With BH, it is a crap shoot. Maybe you get it, usually you don't. And, if you do have a problem with the BH order they will forget you exist and you will probably get no support whatsoever.
AJ
ajbaker is offline Find More Posts by ajbaker
Reply With Quote
Old Nov 16, 2010, 11:04 AM
Argue for your limitations
ajbaker's Avatar
Lincoln, CA
Joined Oct 2006
8,424 Posts
BH vs BEVRC packaging

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnnyrocco123 View Post
Wow, what is the problem with this airframe making it to someone without damage?


That sucks
Their packaging is terrible. They just wrap tape around the original flimsy box which is not worth a damn. BH puts the box-in-a-box and several of them have arrived at doorsteps looking like they were in a combat zone. But, the contents are perfect. BH generally gets a gold star for their care in packaging. However, that is the only positive thing I can say about them.
AJ
ajbaker is offline Find More Posts by ajbaker
Reply With Quote
Old Nov 16, 2010, 11:08 AM
Argue for your limitations
ajbaker's Avatar
Lincoln, CA
Joined Oct 2006
8,424 Posts
missing wings

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prof100 View Post
.
Bummer. Mine was perfect from BEVRC. BH shipped me a SS without the wings.
How is that working out? Have you communicated with BH yet? What is going to happen? Actually, if it was anyone else, I might doubt that the wings were missing. But, you, there is no doubt. I sure hope they make good on it. It is silly, but if you need a character reference.....
AJ
ajbaker is offline Find More Posts by ajbaker
Reply With Quote
Old Nov 16, 2010, 11:11 AM
Argue for your limitations
ajbaker's Avatar
Lincoln, CA
Joined Oct 2006
8,424 Posts
A bit off topic - But you HAVE got to see this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pavcon View Post
btw I forgot to mention the most amazing thing.. after a 20 minute flight.. I charged the battery and only put 800mah in it...
comparing to my EDFs that's something new for me.. flown it with a 2200mah 15c pack that I had from my wingdragon.. not exactly a "quality" or new pack.. it also came tad tailheavy but the olnly effect I had in flight was a veryvery slight climb at full throttle
Talk about kick @$$... Check this out:
http://www.wimp.com/mphplane
AJ
ajbaker is offline Find More Posts by ajbaker
Reply With Quote
Old Nov 16, 2010, 11:13 AM
Registered User
Prof100's Avatar
Canton, Michigan USA
Joined Jul 2007
16,648 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ajbaker View Post
How is that working out? Have you communicated with BH yet? What is going to happen? Actually, if it was anyone else, I might doubt that the wings were missing. But, you, there is no doubt. I sure hope they make good on it. It is silly, but if you need a character reference.....
AJ
AJ,

The missing wings were documented with photos and after 2.5 weeks I finally got the wings in the mail. It's just a hassle to stay on BH to make good on their orders. How they orginally sent it without wings is beyond me.

Bill
Prof100 is offline Find More Posts by Prof100
RCG Plus Member
Old Nov 16, 2010, 12:23 PM
Registered User
Alabama
Joined Sep 2010
130 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prof100 View Post
AJ,

The missing wings were documented with photos and after 2.5 weeks I finally got the wings in the mail. It's just a hassle to stay on BH to make good on their orders. How they orginally sent it without wings is beyond me.

Bill
Bill, did you work with a specific person at BH or just the usual channels? I have done the chat thing with "Johnny" twice and emailed CS and RMA. So far the only response I have received from emails is one from the RMA department after waiting several days, and then they put it back on me by asking, "do you need new parts or a full replacement?" I gave them my answer but now have to just wait probably another 3-4 days before hearing a response. So I will not make the 2.5 week mark as you did. I will be lucky to get it resolved this month I bet. Bummer.

If any of you have "real people" contacts at BH I would love to know who they are. I know they used to have some people hanging out here on the forum but doesn't look like they do anymore. Any pointers in getting BH support would be greatly appreciated!
studawg66 is offline Find More Posts by studawg66
Reply With Quote
Old Nov 16, 2010, 12:28 PM
Registered User
Alabama
Joined Sep 2010
130 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ajbaker View Post
Talk about kick @$$... Check this out:
http://www.wimp.com/mphplane
AJ
Wow! Freakin' awesome!
Notice the guy flying that rig is the one with the young eyes I would have lost it 2 seconds in and it would be over an ocean somewhere.
studawg66 is offline Find More Posts by studawg66
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
For Sale Cyber Sky Parachute (Sky Surfer) shv2sail Aircraft - Electric - Airplanes (FS/W) 6 May 28, 2013 03:14 AM
Discussion Sky Surfer nickwayne11c Electric Plane Talk 15 Nov 18, 2011 03:36 PM
Discussion Banana Hobby Sky Surfer Problems cavy92 Electric Plane Talk 56 Nov 02, 2010 03:49 AM
Question Sky Surfer LiPo mod, help... Freight Dog Power Systems 0 Aug 17, 2006 02:45 PM
Swashplate Assembly with Center Ball; is this the swash with ball mod i want? tekforce Micro Helis 4 Feb 08, 2004 06:28 PM