SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Jun 22, 2012, 02:44 AM
New Zealand, Canterbury, Rolleston
Joined Oct 2011
1,073 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by b.b.4 View Post
You can do either one.., but drilling the 6x4 is faster and cheaper than buy a new collet........b/b/4
Don't drill it, use a reamer (which will be tapered), so you will need to cut and fit, cut and fit ...., until it just fits on, tightly.

A reamer has a number of cutting blades where as a drill only has 2 and can cut / wander off centre.
Mac50L is offline Find More Posts by Mac50L
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Motor cover and mount retention
to remove ads between posts
Old Jun 22, 2012, 04:50 AM
Joined May 2012
113 Posts
Thanks for the replies! Slight change... 1, I believe I stripped out the threads on the stock shaft trying to tighten the mut I used after losing the originsl cone... And 2, afterlosing the cone on the first flight attempt, I ordered a collet pop adapter..... Had forgotten all about it, as it lloked different than original when it came and I didnt know what to do with it. Now, I see that it fits the new prop nicely... Collet pkg says 1/8 " shaft w/ 6mm prop. Will that fit on my stock engine? And how do I get the now stripped hub off the shaft? I tried the two plier method in the mods section, but i felt like i was going to break or bend the shaft..... Thanks!
Mikeamondo is offline Find More Posts by Mikeamondo
Old Jun 22, 2012, 01:09 PM
Joined Feb 2012
798 Posts
Heres a new video I made with my SS over the Gulf of Mexico. It was a little windy.

Sky Surfer Over Panama City Beach - FPV (4 min 4 sec)
epyonxero is offline Find More Posts by epyonxero
Old Jun 22, 2012, 01:56 PM
Novice in training
United States, NC, Statesville
Joined Aug 2011
708 Posts
Awesome video.
JoshB is offline Find More Posts by JoshB
Old Jun 22, 2012, 06:54 PM
Why so serious?
United States, FL, Cape Coral
Joined Dec 2007
5,972 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by epyonxero View Post
Heres a new video I made with my SS over the Gulf of Mexico. It was a little windy.
Very nice.
2500GENE is offline Find More Posts by 2500GENE
Old Jun 22, 2012, 09:38 PM
United States, FL, Clearwater
Joined Aug 2011
1,602 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2500GENE View Post
Very nice.
Gene

You getting wet yet from this weather? You may have to drain you pool by Tuesday.
Eagle202 is offline Find More Posts by Eagle202
Old Jun 22, 2012, 11:18 PM
United States, NV, Nye
Joined Jun 2012
167 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dmoshiloh View Post
This is a flight video of my Bixler using a Kodak Playfull camera. It records in true HD. I've used the HD key camera but wanted something more user friendly.

http://youtu.be/eFdojIFSrEU
Can the video output on the kodak playful be used for FPV. Or is it just for playback.
Thank you ahead of time
STORMYWEATHER is offline Find More Posts by STORMYWEATHER
Old Jun 23, 2012, 02:21 PM
Why so serious?
Joined Dec 2007
5,972 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eagle202 View Post
Gene

You getting wet yet from this weather? You may have to drain you pool by Tuesday.
It has a auto overflow pipe.

I'm back in NJ until October.
It's been 95-98 degrees here the last 3 days. Can't wait to get back to FL to cool off.
The SkyS is down there but I have a EZ up here to use along with SCub and Stryker. I also have a SkyS V1 kit up here I didn't build yet. Might just sell that for now.
Come Oct things will have calmed down enough to slap all the fpv stuff onto the EZ and fly to Cuba and back,
Old Jun 23, 2012, 02:50 PM
United States, FL, Clearwater
Joined Aug 2011
1,602 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2500GENE View Post
It has a auto overflow pipe.

I'm back in NJ until October.
It's been 95-98 degrees here the last 3 days. Can't wait to get back to FL to cool off.
The SkyS is down there but I have a EZ up here to use along with SCub and Stryker. I also have a SkyS V1 kit up here I didn't build yet. Might just sell that for now.
Come Oct things will have calmed down enough to slap all the fpv stuff onto the EZ and fly to Cuba and back,
Ya know they now have direct flights to cuba from tampa.

Well have fun up there in the sweltering north east flying your EZ & SS V1.

I hated those summers in NJ. Of course you don't get the fun with tropical storms up there as we do down here.

Hope you have someone to keep an eye on your house while your gone. I know where you live. Eckace1 gave me your address.

Well he said you had a pool and lived in Florida so how hard would it be to find you.
Eagle202 is offline Find More Posts by Eagle202
Old Jun 23, 2012, 03:07 PM
CURIOSITY Has Landed!
Sydney, Australia
Joined Jul 2005
1,162 Posts
I know to solve your NJ > FL travel problem...

New York to London in an hour - by train
You could call it a pipe dream.
Thatís how the BBC refers to it on its website, where a feature story reports that one day soon, trains traveling through vacuum tunnels could whisk passengers from New York to London in an hour, hitting speeds of up 2,500 mph.

Reverse the journey, and you could leave the UK at noon and arrive in Manhattan at 8 a.m. the same day.
The key is in the vacuum. Suck the air out of a transatlantic tunnel, and you eliminate resistance to the vehicle. In the oceanic version, engineers would tether the tunnel at a fixed depth.

http://www.bbc.com/future/story/2012...eed-pipedreams

Maybe they could set up train like that for you!?

But it really makes me think it would make a good "Thunderbirds" episode as it sounds like a disaster waiting to happen.
Quick some call INTERNATIONAL RESCUE the train is outa control...
Thunderbird 2 on the way.. FAB!

B!LL!
(Wow am off topic or WHAT!)

OK back to the SS/Bixler, I'm gunna fashion/cut/sand up a new canopy out of a block of foam and make a kinda cradle to sit a #11 or #16 Key Cam in.
I think it'll work great until I get decent FPV gear to install in it. The gear I have at the moment only has a range of a lame 100 metres max.

B!LL!
Fugitive_Bill is offline Find More Posts by Fugitive_Bill
Last edited by Fugitive_Bill; Jun 23, 2012 at 03:14 PM. Reason: Added 'Vac Train' Picture
Old Jun 23, 2012, 03:15 PM
Why so serious?
Joined Dec 2007
5,972 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fugitive_Bill View Post
I know to solve your NJ > FL travel problem...

New York to London in an hour - by train
You could call it a pipe dream.
Thatís how the BBC refers to it on its website, where a feature story reports that one day soon, trains traveling through vacuum tunnels could whisk passengers from New York to London in an hour, hitting speeds of up 2,500 mph.

Reverse the journey, and you could leave the UK at noon and arrive in Manhattan at 8 a.m. the same day.
The key is in the vacuum. Suck the air out of a transatlantic tunnel, and you eliminate resistance to the vehicle. In the oceanic version, engineers would tether the tunnel at a fixed depth.

http://www.bbc.com/future/story/2012...eed-pipedreams

Maybe they could set up train like that for you!?

But it really makes me think it would make a good "Thunderbirds" episode as it sounds like a disaster waiting to happen.
Quick some call INTERNATIONAL RESCUE the train is outa control...
Thunderbird 2 on the way.. FAB!

B!LL!
(Wow am off topic or WHAT!)

OK back to the SS/Bixler, I'm gunna fashion/cut/sand up a new canopy out of a block of foam and make a kinda cradle to sit a #11 or #16 Key Cam in.
I think it'll work great until I get decent FPV gear to install in it. The gear I have at the moment only has a range of a lame 100 metres max.

B!LL!
Vacuum trains at 2500mph? That really sucks.
Old Jun 23, 2012, 03:25 PM
Better then Sliced Bread!
United States, CA, Arcata
Joined Oct 2011
2,650 Posts
There are 2 companies working on space elevators as well if you want to get into that sort of thing :P.
NorCalMatCat is offline Find More Posts by NorCalMatCat
Old Jun 23, 2012, 04:19 PM
Joined Oct 2011
33 Posts
Mystery ESC wiring instrux?

Sorry if this is right in front of my face, but I've Googled every combination I can think of and searched this thread, and can only come up with programming instructions.

How do I wire a Mystery 50A BEC ESC to the Bixler's motor (black, red & yellow wires)?
The output wires on the ESC are labeled R, B and C.
I'm guessing:
the R is "reverse" & would go to yellow on Bixler,
the B is "batery" and would go to red on Bixler
the C is "common" and would go to black on Bixler
but I don't want to connect it all and fry it just to test my theory.

Any ideas, anyone?

Rob
robbnj is offline Find More Posts by robbnj
Old Jun 23, 2012, 04:50 PM
Argue for your limitations
Lincoln, CA
Joined Oct 2006
8,422 Posts
Motor/ESC connection

Quote:
Originally Posted by robbnj View Post
Sorry if this is right in front of my face, but I've Googled every combination I can think of and searched this thread, and can only come up with programming instructions.

How do I wire a Mystery 50A BEC ESC to the Bixler's motor (black, red & yellow wires)?
The output wires on the ESC are labeled R, B and C.
I'm guessing:
the R is "reverse" & would go to yellow on Bixler,
the B is "batery" and would go to red on Bixler
the C is "common" and would go to black on Bixler
but I don't want to connect it all and fry it just to test my theory.

Any ideas, anyone?

Rob
You are having the same problem that hundreds before you have faced. The answer is surprising simple. Simply hook up the three wires from the ESC to the motor is any order. If the motor runs the correct direction, you are finished. If not, switch any two wires and the motor will change direction. The color or the wires and/or any labeling is of no value whatsoever. Simple, huh? Let us know how that works out for you. AND, the next time this question is asked, you get to be the expert.
AJ
ajbaker is offline Find More Posts by ajbaker
Old Jun 23, 2012, 05:08 PM
Joined Oct 2011
33 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ajbaker View Post
You are having the same problem that hundreds before you have faced. The answer is surprising simple. Simply hook up the three wires from the ESC to the motor is any order. If the motor runs the correct direction, you are finished. If not, switch any two wires and the motor will change direction. The color or the wires and/or any labeling is of no value whatsoever. Simple, huh? Let us know how that works out for you. AND, the next time this question is asked, you get to be the expert.
AJ
Wow, things have changed a bit since I last messed with an ESC (early 90's on an R/C monster truck)!
back in the days when I flew, electric was virtually non-existent (save for some geared/folding-prop sailplane conversions).

Thanks much for the advice & I'l pay it forward if I can!
robbnj is offline Find More Posts by robbnj