HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jun 21, 2012, 01:22 AM
Argue for your limitations
Lincoln, CA
Joined Oct 2006
8,424 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by sculptor View Post
clearview as a link is about 4 post up jrjr posted it. If you fail to find it type "clearview" into google, it's in the first three.

If you want to use the people on this board as advisor's and fellow fliers you must not be presumptuous.

You need to change your tone if you expect much help here.

Dj
+1.
Aj
ajbaker is offline Find More Posts by ajbaker
to remove ads between posts
Old Jun 21, 2012, 11:21 AM
Limited flyer
Joined Dec 2011
412 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eagle202 View Post
I found the Clear View software and down loaded the trial. It works just fine with my existing 6 channel simulator radio.

Sometimes I don't really need to have a link. I can usually find it with just a little data using the web. It is easier than most people think.

Thanks for the information.
Sorry i have a bad habbit of answering posts before i get to the end,my bad.
Limited flyer is offline Find More Posts by Limited flyer
Last edited by Limited flyer; Jun 21, 2012 at 12:50 PM.
Old Jun 21, 2012, 11:27 AM
Gravity impaired
United States, NY, Wolcott
Joined Nov 2004
1,580 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eagle202 View Post
I found the Clear View software and down loaded the trial. It works just fine with my existing 6 channel simulator radio.

Sometimes I don't really need to have a link. I can usually find it with just a little data using the web. It is easier than most people think.

Thanks for the information.
Good deal! The trial doen't last long at all but at least you got to verify your equipment works ok. You will get free updates for life if you purchase and there are a couple people that make models for it.

Here is one

Here is another
jrjr is offline Find More Posts by jrjr
Old Jun 21, 2012, 11:34 AM
Limited flyer
Joined Dec 2011
412 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sculptor View Post
Clearview as a link is about 4 post up JrJr posted it. if you fail to find it type "Clearview" into Google, it's in the first three.

If you want to use the people on this board as advisor's and fellow fliers you must not be presumptuous.

You need to change your tone if you expect much help here.

DJ
As i said to eagle, i have a bad habbit of nswering posts befor i read them all,
But if you remember,it was YOU that misunderstood one of my posts,about two pages back, to answer your question, YES, i have flown air planes,and NO i don't need help finding the right thread, i fly 3 other planes other then this one, and i post in them all, i was only saying,at the very least,find out what other forums i post on before YOU presume what ever assumption you have of me.

Sorry we got off on the wrong foot.
Old Jun 21, 2012, 11:42 AM
Limited flyer
Joined Dec 2011
412 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ajbaker View Post
+1.
Aj
Happy with your self are you.
I think i made amends {well, at least i stuck out a olive branch}If you don;t think that's enough,then thers nothing i can do about that.

Once again, sorry eagle and sculptor.
Old Jun 21, 2012, 02:26 PM
United States, FL, Clearwater
Joined Aug 2011
1,604 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Limited flyer View Post
I think i made amends {well, at least i stuck out a olive branch}If you don;t think that's enough,then thers nothing i can do about that.

No problem. I have made my share of posts before reading to the end. Awkward sometimes but no harm done.

Maybe if the olive branch actually had some olives on it all would be well.
Eagle202 is online now Find More Posts by Eagle202
Old Jun 21, 2012, 02:29 PM
United States, FL, Clearwater
Joined Aug 2011
1,604 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jrjr View Post
Good deal! The trial doen't last long at all but at least you got to verify your equipment works ok. You will get free updates for life if you purchase and there are a couple people that make models for it.

Here is one

Here is another
The trial is based on a limited number of time increments (maybe minutes) used. It came with 900 and mine is now down to 750 but I really didn't use it for more than 15 minutes.

Those additional planes look cool except for the "RC Super Hero". Well maybe that one works for Gene.
Eagle202 is online now Find More Posts by Eagle202
Old Jun 21, 2012, 03:18 PM
AKA, Cheap Chiseler
United States, FL, North Fort Myers
Joined Mar 2012
1,181 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Limited flyer View Post

All OK here. I did go back and ck my post to you and my answer/statement wasn't in the tone it should have been.

One nite after my second glass of wine I popped off with some stuff that got my wings clipped big time.

What do you fly?

DJ
Sculptor is offline Find More Posts by Sculptor
Old Jun 21, 2012, 04:10 PM
Limited flyer
Joined Dec 2011
412 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sculptor View Post
All OK here. I did go back and ck my post to you and my answer/statement wasn't in the tone it should have been.

One nite after my second glass of wine I popped off with some stuff that got my wings clipped big time.

What do you fly?

DJ
The sky s of course and park zone wild cat,pz extra,{down for repairs} and the l4 grass hopper, have yet to maiden that one

I some times run off with the mouth too{A little too much lately
No worries, Happy flying.
Last edited by Limited flyer; Jun 21, 2012 at 04:30 PM.
Old Jun 21, 2012, 04:47 PM
Joined Feb 2012
820 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoBama2012 View Post
new here, been lurking for a while. Just wanted to give a quick post about my first experience buying my sky surfer from Banahobby. Service was very quick, everything delivered within 4 days of order....NICE. The "RTF" I got seems to be V4, screws for the wings but I don't know how on earth the plane would be ready in an hour, I'd say it was more of a ARF. The control horns alone took over an hour to screw into place plus the little clamps to connect the horns to the rod were about to drive me insane, but its all done, waiting for my next day off for first flight.

Screws for the wings, I havent seen that. Anybody got a pic?
epyonxero is offline Find More Posts by epyonxero
Old Jun 21, 2012, 05:39 PM
Joined Jun 2012
4 Posts
Someone posted some pics back in Jan 2012 (about 300 pages ago). The way the wing screws work is once the wings are in place you put two 3" screws through the top of the fuselage that go through both wing roots then screw into some plywood.
NoBama2012 is offline Find More Posts by NoBama2012
Old Jun 21, 2012, 06:26 PM
AKA, Cheap Chiseler
Joined Mar 2012
1,181 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by epyonxero View Post
Screws for the wings, I havent seen that. Anybody got a pic?
Yes. Mine is version 4. It has 2ea. 3" screws that go thru both wings from the top. in the wings are 1/2" round wooden pieces that line up together and the screw goes thru them. Also the servos for rear are inside not outside, put three gyros in there and add spaghetti sauce and garlic bread, it's a mess.

My experience is the wooden rings ripe out of the foam when crashing nose first.
This is a good set-up If not your first plane. This is a big deal the V4 has tubes in the wings that a large carbon rod runs in. That's not going to break.

DJ
Old Jun 21, 2012, 08:40 PM
AKA, Cheap Chiseler
Joined Mar 2012
1,181 Posts
Here is something I learned today:

The mission was - Paint the Sky Surfer
1. Pulled all the decals and set them aside.
2. taped off the control stuff.
3. Shot the plane with water based urethane.
4. Shoot with chrome paint.

Now I have a 'Silver' SS.
Why one might ask Silver. Well the changing position of reflected lite is how we read the position and action of an object.

I was disquieted when my SS was far-off and my efforts to return it were successful but concerning, It was upside down and didn't know it. It dove when I tried to pull it up, rolled it out and recovered.

I painted it silver and I may use black to highlight areas of the top or bottom so I can tell what side is up.
I gotta be able to see it.

DJ
Old Jun 21, 2012, 09:09 PM
Joined May 2012
113 Posts
Some prop help for a newbie, please!? I ordered an apc 6x4e for my otherwise stock ss. I have had trouble keeping the original prop tightened, but figured that out. Had to replace the batt after orig got nicked, so i have 2 2200 from readymaderc.... Want to go and try to fly again! But i cant figure out how to get my new prop on the plane. Newbie quest, i know. What an i missing? Do i need to drill out the center of the new prop, or remove and replace the stock hub with something? It's always the simple things that get me...
Mikeamondo is offline Find More Posts by Mikeamondo
Old Jun 21, 2012, 11:54 PM
b.b.4
United States, IL, Hoopeston
Joined Jan 2012
80 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikeamondo View Post
Some prop help for a newbie, please!? I ordered an apc 6x4e for my otherwise stock ss. I have had trouble keeping the original prop tightened, but figured that out. Had to replace the batt after orig got nicked, so i have 2 2200 from readymaderc.... Want to go and try to fly again! But i cant figure out how to get my new prop on the plane. Newbie quest, i know. What an i missing? Do i need to drill out the center of the new prop, or remove and replace the stock hub with something? It's always the simple things that get me...
You can do either one.., but drilling the 6x4 is faster and cheaper than buy a new collet..........................b/b/4
b.b.4 is offline Find More Posts by b.b.4