HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jun 18, 2012, 10:07 PM
United States, NY, Wappingers Falls
Joined Jun 2011
578 Posts
It was a bit windy this morning. There is a water taxi that runs back and forth across the river right next to where I was flying. The plane was drifting towarss them anyways so they agreed to take me out on the next crossing and retrieve it. If it wasn't for them, I'd be screwed. The plane would probably have drifted down to manhattan!!
Maddmax is offline Find More Posts by Maddmax
to remove ads between posts
Old Jun 18, 2012, 10:15 PM
United States, FL, Clearwater
Joined Aug 2011
1,604 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maddmax View Post
It was a bit windy this morning. There is a water taxi that runs back and forth across the river right next to where I was flying. The plane was drifting towarss them anyways so they agreed to take me out on the next crossing and retrieve it. If it wasn't for them, I'd be screwed. The plane would probably have drifted down to manhattan!!
Shoot. If it got down there you could have walk across with the water being so polluted.
Eagle202 is offline Find More Posts by Eagle202
Old Jun 18, 2012, 10:23 PM
AKA, Cheap Chiseler
United States, FL, North Fort Myers
Joined Mar 2012
1,181 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Limited flyer View Post
And also if your car/truck/ van is big enough, just glue them.
Plus what he said
And plus,plus, he's right, learn on the first, then build to fly with the second,{not build to crash}
Dud, you didn't say if you have ever flown an Rc plane. Tell us that and we can help you get started by directing you to the proper threads

Dj
Sculptor is offline Find More Posts by Sculptor
Old Jun 18, 2012, 10:25 PM
AKA, Cheap Chiseler
United States, FL, North Fort Myers
Joined Mar 2012
1,181 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Limited flyer
Plus what he said
And plus,plus, he's right, learn on the first, then build to fly with the second,{not build to crash}

Dud, you didn't say if you have ever flown an Rc plane. Tell us that and we can help you get started by directing you to the proper threads

Dj
Sculptor is offline Find More Posts by Sculptor
Old Jun 18, 2012, 10:54 PM
Argue for your limitations
Lincoln, CA
Joined Oct 2006
8,424 Posts
Accuracy vs price

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron RC View Post
I use one of these, but only because I already had it in the tool arsenal. Works good on plastic but you have to take your time. It is tapered so you have to work up to your size slowly because one side will be a tad bigger than the other. If you have a Harbor Freight in your town your golden. My store is about 3 miles away from me.

http://www.harborfreight.com/t-handle-reamer-66936.html

Ron
I think almost everyone would prefer accuracy, though. The two reamers in Post # 15907 are vastly superior to any tapered reamer which can never be accurate.
AJ
ajbaker is offline Find More Posts by ajbaker
Old Jun 18, 2012, 10:59 PM
Limited flyer
Joined Dec 2011
412 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sculptor View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Limited flyer
Plus what he said

Dj
This is the forum i post the most on,better get your facts staight before you continue on with this line of questioning.
Limited flyer is offline Find More Posts by Limited flyer
Last edited by Limited flyer; Jun 19, 2012 at 02:10 AM.
Old Jun 18, 2012, 11:06 PM
Argue for your limitations
Lincoln, CA
Joined Oct 2006
8,424 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maddmax View Post
I hope you tipped them well.
AJ
ajbaker is offline Find More Posts by ajbaker
Old Jun 18, 2012, 11:07 PM
Joined Jun 2011
578 Posts
Case of beer!!!
Old Jun 18, 2012, 11:08 PM
Joined Jun 2011
578 Posts
Does anyone have or tried mounting their batteries below the main wing? If so, what are the flight characteristics and do you have any problems with the battery in that location. Getting ready to build my next plane and am considering that location for batts.
Old Jun 19, 2012, 01:34 AM
Limited flyer
Joined Dec 2011
412 Posts
Ya'd make a mess out of the air flow the wing is supposed to get.
To much drag, and ya best be sure to compensate for the other side,I am sure there is a whole slew of other things i can't think of right now.
Limited flyer is offline Find More Posts by Limited flyer
Old Jun 19, 2012, 03:52 AM
United Kingdom, Dorset
Joined Feb 2012
68 Posts
Can anyone help me with the best place to mount a spectrum reciver in a bixler ? I keep loosing signal with in inside but can't understand why. Even at close range it's dropping out
MonkeysPunk is offline Find More Posts by MonkeysPunk
Old Jun 19, 2012, 07:23 AM
Gravity impaired
United States, NY, Wolcott
Joined Nov 2004
1,588 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by MonkeysPunk View Post
Can anyone help me with the best place to mount a spectrum reciver in a bixler ? I keep loosing signal with in inside but can't understand why. Even at close range it's dropping out
What transmitter? Some are limited range park flyer only but even those should not loose contact at close range.

I would think it is a receiver issue as you shouldn't loose signal as far as you can see. Make sure it passes the range test before flying it! You may have to send it in to Horizon Hobby for repairs.

Try binding to with another transmitter and/or bind the transmitter to another receiver for diagnosis. Could be either one.
jrjr is online now Find More Posts by jrjr
Old Jun 19, 2012, 07:42 AM
Joined Jun 2011
578 Posts
What I meant was has anyone put the battery INSIDE the airplane below the wing????
Old Jun 19, 2012, 08:15 AM
Team Lumenier Pilot
Australia, WA, Perth
Joined Aug 2011
2,543 Posts
Quote:
What I meant was has anyone put the battery INSIDE the airplane below the wing????
Sure I have. Why? For correct C.O.G. with my camera gear on the nose.
Just makes it a little difficult to install the battery and retrieve and locking it in with Velcro strap etc.
Grazer is offline Find More Posts by Grazer
RCG Plus Member
Old Jun 19, 2012, 08:31 AM
Joined Jun 2011
578 Posts
So you cut a compartment below the wing for the battery? How does it fly??