pavcon is offline Find More Posts by pavcon
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 15, 2010, 06:37 PM
Canton, Michigan USA
Joined Jul 2007
16,454 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ajbaker View Post
Yeah. Me, too. It sure sucks. But, as a last ditch effort, I sent them an email begging them to restock them. Who knows? Maybe begging works. If a few of us email them, maybe they will actually order more.
AJ
AJ,

I just sent an email to BEVRC asking them when the SS would be available again.

Bill
Prof100 is offline Find More Posts by Prof100
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: A123 2S 2500 mah wiring diagram
Old Nov 15, 2010, 06:45 PM
Argue for your limitations
Lincoln, CA
Joined Oct 2006
8,422 Posts
aux rx

Quote:
Originally Posted by pavcon View Post
Thank you. I did not even know that was available.
AJ
ajbaker is offline Find More Posts by ajbaker
Old Nov 15, 2010, 06:47 PM
Lincoln, CA
Joined Oct 2006
8,422 Posts
Please email BEVRC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prof100 View Post
AJ,

I just sent an email to BEVRC asking them when the SS would be available again.

Bill
Thank You. I hope a few more folks will email them and request a restock of the SkyS.
For everyone who has not, their email is: bird.eye.view@hotmail.com. TIA from all of us.
AJ
Old Nov 15, 2010, 06:51 PM
Canton, Michigan USA
Joined Jul 2007
16,454 Posts
Quote:
I didn't know you could buy a satellite receiver either but now I know why there is female plug in the main RX. Thanks.
RCG Plus Member
Old Nov 15, 2010, 07:30 PM
West Texas USA
Joined Mar 2008
662 Posts
Quote:
The satellite rx must be a very new addition. None of the reviewers mention it.
garymcc is offline Find More Posts by garymcc
Old Nov 15, 2010, 07:47 PM
United States, IA, Keosauqua
Joined Sep 2010
283 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ajbaker View Post
It is sort of like a Chinese finger puzzle. First, reach in with a wide flat bladed screwdriver and pop the servo loose (It is pretty easy to do). Then, "walk" the servo off the "Z" bend that you mentioned. Next, put in the new servo and "walk" in onto the "Z" bend. Now, the tricky part - your choice -either:
put a piece of double-sided tape on the servo before you put in the servo (this is hard)
OR
Just before you pop the servo into place, put a blob of hot glue on the side of the servo and quickly pop it into place (this is what I did).
The hardest part of all of this is realizing that you can "walk" the servo off the "Z" bend. Good luck.
AJ
Thanks AJ --I know that the HXT 9g servos are supposed to fit right in but I have ordered a couple of T-Pro SG-90 servos from HobbyPartz because of wanting quick delivery and no shipping. If they don't seem to fit right I guess I will just have to order HXT servos from Hk and wait some more. Either way, it sure beats some of the fixes I was contemplating!

Thanks again--I don't know what I would do without expert help from you and the others on this thread.

Bob
Bob A is online now Find More Posts by Bob A
Old Nov 15, 2010, 08:02 PM
You down with EPP?
Houston, Tx
Joined May 2009
6,796 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob A View Post
Thanks AJ --I know that the HXT 9g servos are supposed to fit right in but I have ordered a couple of T-Pro SG-90 servos from HobbyPartz because of wanting quick delivery and no shipping. If they don't seem to fit right I guess I will just have to order HXT servos from Hk and wait some more. Either way, it sure beats some of the fixes I was contemplating!

Thanks again--I don't know what I would do without expert help from you and the others on this thread.

Bob
HS-55's are a perfect fit, little faster, and I have found they out live the HXT's. But for the lack of stress this plane puts on servos, I'm pretty sure anything would work. I went with slightly better servos because of the pain getting them in the fuse.

I got a chance to fly the Sky Surfer in zero wind today. It was sweet.

In no wind it takes a long approach to catch it.

I'm catching it every flight so that it looks brand new for my kids for Christmas. So wrong......
johnnyrocco123 is online now Find More Posts by johnnyrocco123
Old Nov 15, 2010, 08:08 PM
Joined Nov 2010
2 Posts
Newby with a Skysurfer??

I just received my Skysurfer and have 2 problems. First, when I hook up the battery I do not get 3 beeps like I am suppose to. But, I have control on the servos-but no motor. 2nd the rudder servo sounds like it is possibly bad. It works but makes noise. If I put pressure on the rod either way it stops until I try to move it. The esc does get warm after powering up for a few minutes. Any help on solving these two problems would be great. I am going to call tomorrow but from what I hear the chat is not that helpful.
Nikeboy is offline Find More Posts by Nikeboy
Old Nov 15, 2010, 08:28 PM
West Texas USA
Joined Mar 2008
662 Posts
Quote:
I have ordered a couple of T-Pro SG-90 servos from HobbyPartz...
The Tower Pro servos work fine for me. I think they are about the same size as the HXT 900. In a foam plane you should be able to make them fit.
garymcc is offline Find More Posts by garymcc
Old Nov 15, 2010, 08:44 PM
Canton, Michigan USA
Joined Jul 2007
16,454 Posts
Below is the reply I got from BEVRC regarding availability of the Skysurfer...

"Hi,

Not sure, the factory is busy and our warehouse is full, may need some time.

Best,
BEVRC.com"
RCG Plus Member
Old Nov 15, 2010, 09:48 PM
Lincoln, CA
Joined Oct 2006
8,422 Posts
My reply

Here is what I got. For a moment there, I thought they liked Prof100 more than me. But, I did get this reply:

Hi,

Sorry for the late reply.
The factory have a long queue waiting to manufacture, and our warehouse are
full, so we need to wait some time to get more sky surfer.

Best,
BEVRC.com

So, I guess we cross our fingers and hope they do restock sometime. It seems we HAVE to deal with our worst choice because it is our only. I sure hope everyone keeps looking around the net for other vendors that handle the SkyS.
AJ
Old Nov 16, 2010, 01:45 AM
Lincoln, CA
Joined Oct 2006
8,422 Posts
New workaround (prototype on the bence right now)

Because I hate the thought of dealing with BH for anything, I was doing some swapping around tonight and I discovered that the Sky Surfer wings fit perfectly in the Wild Hawk fuselage and vice versa. For the folks that have the SkyS, the wings are very much superior to the stock WH wings and tip stalls become a thing of the past + gliding is vastly improved.
The situation is this -> Your poor SkyS fuselage is beat up and has gotten too heavy or broken in too many pieces and needs to be replaced.
Option 1: The SkyS fuselage is about $40.90 (includes shipping) from Banana Hobby. If you don't mind dealing with BH (they have a HORRIBLE reputation in the customer service category), then this might be an option to consider.
Option 2: Buy a Wild Hawk Fuselage and tail feathers from Harbor Freight. The cost is $30.81 (includes shipping) and 2-3 to arrive at your doorstep. So, the parts are $10.08 cheaper and you are dealing with a great vendor IMO. I have made many purchases from HF both locally and on the internet. They have been perfect in the customer service dept.
Since I own a couple of both planes and a bunch of parts, it was easy for me to put together a solution for the broken fuselage problem without dealing with you know who. The pictures of the SkyS wings in the Wild Hawk fuselage are shown below. Again, it is untested at this point. But, everything fits so perfectly that I don't anticipate a problem. It is so cool, I sure hope it flies as well as a stock BL SkyS. Anyone interested?
AJ
Last edited by ajbaker; Nov 16, 2010 at 02:20 AM. Reason: Add Pictures
Old Nov 16, 2010, 02:22 AM
Lincoln, CA
Joined Oct 2006
8,422 Posts
General Question for the group

Since I am using the SkyS wings and everything else is non-SkyS, Do you still consider it a Sky Surfer (with mods of course)? Do the wings make the plane or the rest of it? Hmmmm....
AJ
P.S. If all this works out, I will put it on Page #1 and list everything that is needed for the "mod"
Old Nov 16, 2010, 02:22 AM
Joined Sep 2009
184 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoPopp View Post
Hi moon12 here's the link to orange ar6200 clone I have been using it for a couple of weeks works fine, other members at our club have been using them longer with no problems. Does not have dual link.

http://hobbyking.com/hobbyking/store...dProduct=11965

Good value

Beers & Cheers

Gregor
Thanks Gregor, I'll have to pick a couple up.
harry
moon12 is offline Find More Posts by moon12