Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
Old Jun 12, 2012, 09:34 PM
Limited flyer
Joined Dec 2011
412 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ajbaker View Post
No. I am not picking on you. I did not want that guy to spend any length of time on something that is not possible.
1. Not possible. You cannot program motor direction with a radio.
2. Mine, too.
AJ
See linkhttp://www.castlecreations.com/support/documents/Phoenix_User_Guide.pdf
Limited flyer is offline Find More Posts by Limited flyer
to remove ads between posts
Old Jun 12, 2012, 09:40 PM
Argue for your limitations
Lincoln, CA
Joined Oct 2006
8,422 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by cassb View Post
OK, now I'm confused.
1. All I have to do is plug the battery into the ESC with the throttle at 100%?

2. I have a second issue, but not directly related to Sky Surfer. Maybe you can just PM me the answer. The DX7 radio and AR6100E receiver I just got -- I can bind them with the bind plug in the BAT slot of the RX, and turn on the TX with the bind button pushed in. But if I disconnect the ESC battery or turn off the TX, then the bind is lost and I have to do it again. Am I doing something wrong? I'm using the Model 1 program, which is what comes up when you turn on the TX, so shouldn't it already 'know' the receiver it was bound to?

Thanks!
Bryan
1. Ok. To make sure we are all on the same page, please repeat your question again.
2. Yes. Absolutely. If you have to rebind your receiver every time you use it, something is very wrong. Usually, you only bind a receiver to an xmitter once. It should hold the bind forever. Call for service.
AJ
ajbaker is offline Find More Posts by ajbaker
Old Jun 12, 2012, 09:43 PM
Limited flyer
Joined Dec 2011
412 Posts
Nevr mind. I am wrong
Last edited by Limited flyer; Jun 12, 2012 at 10:09 PM.
Old Jun 12, 2012, 09:54 PM
Limited flyer
Joined Dec 2011
412 Posts
Quote:
1. Ok. To make sure we are all on the same page, please repeat your question again.
2. Yes. Absolutely. If you have to rebind your receiver every time you use it, something is very wrong. Usually, you only bind a receiver to an xmitter once. It should hold the bind forever. Call for service.
AJ
He's missing a step. The bat/bind are in the same slot.

step 1.Put bind plug in batt/bind slot.
step 2. plug in battery in to esc,
step 3
.hold bind switch while turning on power to transmitter. dx5/ dx6i, trainer switch, dx7 and up,bind switch is in the rear, wait for the rx to blink rapidly, untill it is one solid coulour, that means it is bound., but before you bind, make sure your trimmed out EVEN on the tx
Last edited by Limited flyer; Jun 12, 2012 at 10:14 PM.
Old Jun 12, 2012, 10:56 PM
airplanes r made from aluminum
United States, SC, Darlington
Joined Jul 2009
652 Posts
Quote:
AJ
Are you removing the bind plug? sorry had to ask..this is the only reason i have seen to rebind. every time.
wilem is offline Find More Posts by wilem
Old Jun 13, 2012, 12:41 AM
Lincoln, CA
Joined Oct 2006
8,422 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Limited flyer View Post
Nevr mind. I am wrong
Your pdf does not work. It downloads. But, nada on opening it.
Also, why do I need it. I don't own one of those (I think you meant it to be a castle ESC).
AJ
Old Jun 13, 2012, 12:43 AM
Lincoln, CA
Joined Oct 2006
8,422 Posts
Find the right person

Quote:
Originally Posted by Limited flyer View Post
He's missing a step. The bat/bind are in the same slot.

step 1.Put bind plug in batt/bind slot.
step 2. plug in battery in to esc,
step 3
.hold bind switch while turning on power to transmitter. dx5/ dx6i, trainer switch, dx7 and up,bind switch is in the rear, wait for the rx to blink rapidly, untill it is one solid coulour, that means it is bound., but before you bind, make sure your trimmed out EVEN on the tx
You might send HIM a PM. It has nothing to do with my radio stuff.
AJ
Old Jun 13, 2012, 12:44 AM
Lincoln, CA
Joined Oct 2006
8,422 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by wilem View Post
Are you removing the bind plug? sorry had to ask..this is the only reason i have seen to rebind. every time.
You might want to read the previous 30 posts or so. cassb has a problem-I don't. What led you to believe I was the one having the problem?
AJ
Old Jun 13, 2012, 12:45 AM
Lincoln, CA
Joined Oct 2006
8,422 Posts
FAST thread (popular, too)

This thread moves so fast, everyone gets confused
AJ
UPDATE:
WOW!! I just took a look at the EZ* thread (that 2500GENE runs really well - [check out his Page #1-Nice!]). That used to be the thread to beat. Well, folks, thanks to all of you (GENE included), this thread is soundly thrashing that thread. YTD- 3229 posts on the EZ* thread. 3938 posts on this thread. Thanks to everyone for your input and support. My only wish is that everyone is learning something valuable for themselves about the Sky Surfer/Bixler.
Last edited by ajbaker; Jun 13, 2012 at 01:02 AM. Reason: Add stats
Old Jun 13, 2012, 01:01 AM
Limited flyer
Joined Dec 2011
412 Posts
Quote:
You might send HIM a PM. It has nothing to do with my radio stuff.
AJ
Feel free to do so on my behalf.
I am frickin lazy
Old Jun 13, 2012, 05:32 AM
United Kingdom, England, Ripon
Joined Dec 2011
309 Posts
Well just about to start my new Bixler project, my current version has just got soooo very heavy with lights, tape gyros ect. Im going to have a bit of fun with a new light weight version and see how quick I can get one to go with a turnigy 3536 and 8" 3 blade prop on 4S!!!!!
Simon2504 is offline Find More Posts by Simon2504
Old Jun 13, 2012, 07:05 AM
Earthbound Skyhound
United States, NC, Richlands
Joined Jun 2011
4,711 Posts
Oh for the luvva........
Quote:
No. I am not picking on you. I did not want that guy to spend any length of time on something that is not possible.
1. Not possible. You cannot program motor direction with a radio.

AJ
1. Yes you can.

Quote:
In the first quote, you answered his question (incorrectly as we know now).
...AJ
2. No he didn't (as you'll soon know).

FOLLOWING IS AN EXCERPT FROM THE OWNER'S MANUAL FOR THE HOBBY KING 'BLUE' SERIES OF ESC's, WHICH THE BIXLER/SKYSURFER USES THE 20A MODEL:

First off, there's only 3 elements that are programmable thru this ESC:
1- Battery Type
2- Brake On/Off
3- Direction of Motor Spin

These all most assuredly CAN be programmed with a properly bound transmitter.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
INSTRUCTIONS:
• Start with the motor battery unplugged and the Transmitter ON.
ATTENTION LIPO FLIERS - Always follow your battery brand's safety recommendations.
Your H.King ESC is set at the factory to use a 3.0 volt per cell cutoff voltage.
• Move throttle stick on full throttle (up) position first.
• Turn on transmitter.
• Connect the H.King ESC to a battery pack.
• You should hear the 1st multi-tone ring upon plug in, and the battery count in beeps if set for Auto-Lipo.
• After 2 seconds, you should hear a second multi-tone ring, indicating the ESC sees full throttle.
• Move throttle stick down to the middle position, and you will hear another ring.
• Move throttle stick back to the top position, and you will hear another ring.
• Move throttle stick to the middle position again - you will hear 4 rings all in a row.
YOU ARE NOW IN PROGRAMMING MODE.

Then the H.King ESC will make a single beep that repeats. This is setting question #1 - What battery type?
• For Lithium Polymer type batteries (default setting), move the stick up to full throttle and wait for the rapid beeps
• For NiCad and NiMH type batteries, move the stick to low/off throttle and wait for the rapid beeps.
• The rapid beeps tell you that the controller has now stored that answer in its memory .

You can now move the stick back to the middle position for question #2 - Brake ON or OFF.
• The H.King ESC should start beeping two repeating beeps. This is setting for question #2 - Brake ON or OFF?
• For Brake ON move the stick to full throttle, and wait for the rapid beeps.
• For Brake OFF (default setting), move the stick to low/off throttle, and wait for the rapid beeps.
• The rapid beeps tell you that the controller has now stored that answer in its memory.

You can now move the stick back to the middle position for question #3 - ROTATION DIRECTION
• The H.King ESC will start beeping three repeating beeps. This is setting question #3 - Rotation Direction?
• For rotation forward (default setting), move the stick to full throttle, and wait for the rapid beeps.
• For rotation reversed, move the stick to low/off throttle, and wait for the rapid beeps.
• The rapid beeps tell you that the controller has now stored that answer in its memory.

After the last setting is made, the controller will exit programming mode, and will arm when the
throttle is in the low position.

WARNING - FROM NOW ON SPEED CONTROLLER IS ARMED AND ANY THROTTLE STICK MOVEMENT WILL MAKE THE MOTOR START!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Finally - There have been many questions asked about the SS/Bix ESC (which, note the Bixler no longer supplies an ESC with their ARF sales - something else I haven't seen mentioned, representing a cost increase for those) which for some reason or other either get ignored or wrongfully answered (guessed at) or the subject gets changed. Above, you have THE GOSPEL re these ESCs. I advise all with interest &/or short memories to copy it and save to your hard drive for once & for all, so you'll have it for future reference.

And I'll leave the oft-cited "apologies in order" for responsible parties to decide.
Have a nice eternity.
StarHopper44 is offline Find More Posts by StarHopper44
RCG Plus Member
Last edited by StarHopper44; Jun 13, 2012 at 08:28 AM.
Old Jun 13, 2012, 07:09 AM
airplanes r made from aluminum
United States, SC, Darlington
Joined Jul 2009
652 Posts
Quote:
You might want to read the previous 30 posts or so. cassb has a problem-I don't. What led you to believe I was the one having the problem?
AJ
I did not think you had the issue, just knew he would read it. sorry for the confusion.
wilem is offline Find More Posts by wilem
Old Jun 13, 2012, 08:09 AM
United States, NY, Victor
Joined Apr 2005
126 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by wilem View Post
Yes, I remove the bind plug after the light in the RX stays on steady and is bound to the TX. What, you have to leave the bind plug in there permanently??
cassb is offline Find More Posts by cassb
Old Jun 13, 2012, 08:13 AM
United States, NY, Victor
Joined Apr 2005
126 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by StarHopper44 View Post
Oh for the luvva........

1. Yes you can.

2. No he didn't (as you'll soon know).

FOLLOWING IS AN EXCERPT FROM THE OWNER'S MANUAL FOR THE HOBBY KING 'BLUE' SERIES OF ESC's, WHICH THE BIXLER/SKYSURFER USES THE 20A MODEL:

[...]
Cool, thanks! I had no idea the ESC was even 'programmable.' Can we make this part of the sticky or include in the main thread somewhere?
cassb is offline Find More Posts by cassb