HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Nov 14, 2010, 09:58 PM
Suspended Account
Κύπρος, Λευκωσία, Πέρα Χωριό
Joined Jan 2010
9,530 Posts
2ns SkySurfer arrived in Country.. should have it by tomorrow.. and on that I will put some more work...
flying Video of the first one should be ready by tomorrow or on wednesday...
flaps are working just fine on the DX6i and the AR6200 clone. I will purchase some 3M hooks today from my local DIY for the removable wings mod.
pavcon is offline Find More Posts by pavcon
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 14, 2010, 11:32 PM
West Texas USA
Joined Mar 2008
662 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by DCourt View Post
I was thinking the same thing. I added the carbon fiber rod to the outside 5-6" before it connects to the rudder, but was thinking you could remove the clear tube all together and use the carbon fiber rod throughout. It is connected to the fuse a few times internally, and the connections are glued. I tested mine before I glued the 2 halves together and there is no flex internally, but it's not all together either. I may re-glue the clear tubes inside to insure they don't move.
I was hoping to use the supplied control rod tube without buying any material. I don't know if the supplied tube is compatible with CA or whether it is capable of adding structural benefits to the plane. I think if you replaced the supplied tubes with carbon fiber tubes and glued them well you would have a stiffer fuselage. Only problem is, carbon fiber is not exactly cheap.

I read somewhere people were building foam flying wings and instead of using carbon fiber for stiffeners they were using some type of string, putting it under tension, soaking it with CA, and placing it in a slot. I can't remember where I saw this. Maybe they were sniffing too many CA fumes. Or I was sniffing too many CA fumes.
garymcc is offline Find More Posts by garymcc
Old Nov 15, 2010, 01:32 AM
Argue for your limitations
Lincoln, CA
Joined Oct 2006
8,421 Posts
Your choice.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DCourt View Post
I still need some input on how to set up my V2 SS. I have 2 BL ESC's I can use. the yellow one has plenty long wires, but a different plug than the stock motor I received with V2. I can cut the plugs and solder them together and make it work. Or the blue one has short wires with no plugs, and I can extend them and solder everything without plugs.
There is no standard length of wire. Use either ESC. They will both work. Change the plugs if necessary. Lengthen the wire if necessary. Whatever decision you make is the "right" one.
AJ
ajbaker is offline Find More Posts by ajbaker
Old Nov 15, 2010, 06:31 AM
United States, IA, Keosauqua
Joined Sep 2010
275 Posts
How do I replace my servo?

How do I go about removing the defective rudder servo on my RTF SS and replacing it? The servo is mounted inside the fuselage, the servo arm and control wire is on the outside. The control wire has two 90 deg. bends in it to attach it to the control arm of the servo and the tube the wire runs through is glued up to within a fraction of an inch of the control arm. I have already attached the stabilizer and rudder with GG.

Thanks for any help

Bob
Bob A is offline Find More Posts by Bob A
Old Nov 15, 2010, 10:04 AM
You down with EPP?
Houston, Tx
Joined May 2009
6,673 Posts
I was thinking about replacing that cheesy control rod tube along the fuse. I think the stock one will hold, but cf is a great idea.

Anyone tried taking the wing tips off? I figure it would get rid of that lift (dyhedral effect).
johnnyrocco123 is online now Find More Posts by johnnyrocco123
Old Nov 15, 2010, 11:08 AM
Crashasaurus Dumbthumus
USA, MN, Apple Valley
Joined Dec 2008
1,498 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnnyrocco123 View Post
Anyone tried taking the wing tips off? I figure it would get rid of that lift (dyhedral effect).
I thought about heating the tips up with the heat gun on low and seeing if I can flatten them out. I've read on the SuperCub forum where people have removed the dihedral from the wings by heating the center and pushing down.
road_rascal is offline Find More Posts by road_rascal
Old Nov 15, 2010, 11:26 AM
Canton, Michigan USA
Joined Jul 2007
16,240 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnnyrocco123 View Post
I was thinking about replacing that cheesy control rod tube along the fuse. I think the stock one will hold, but cf is a great idea.

Sure, clip the wings, the plane will fly faster and roll like a drill. It does change the character of a "glider" but that's up to you. If I want to fly fast and do super fast axial rolls I fly one of my EDF jets.

Bill
Prof100 is online now Find More Posts by Prof100
RCG Plus Member
Old Nov 15, 2010, 12:17 PM
Joined Sep 2009
184 Posts
ar6200 clone

Quote:
Originally Posted by pavcon View Post
2ns SkySurfer arrived in Country.. should have it by tomorrow.. and on that I will put some more work...
flying Video of the first one should be ready by tomorrow or on wednesday...
flaps are working just fine on the DX6i and the AR6200 clone. I will purchase some 3M hooks today from my local DIY for the removable wings mod.
Have you got a link to the ar6200 clone you wouldn't mind sharing?
moon12 is offline Find More Posts by moon12
Old Nov 15, 2010, 12:44 PM
You down with EPP?
Houston, Tx
Joined May 2009
6,673 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prof100 View Post
Sure, clip the wings, the plane will fly faster and roll like a drill. It does change the character of a "glider" but that's up to you. If I want to fly fast and do super fast axial rolls I fly one of my EDF jets.

Bill
Not speed, but more aerobatics and less lift.
johnnyrocco123 is online now Find More Posts by johnnyrocco123
Old Nov 15, 2010, 01:10 PM
USA, CA, Pismo Beach
Joined Oct 2007
1,337 Posts
Just checked the bevrc site for SS availability and it's no longer shown in the catalog. Bummer!!!!!
Greywing is offline Find More Posts by Greywing
Old Nov 15, 2010, 02:49 PM
GoPopp
Ocean Grove, Australia
Joined Oct 2010
12 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by moon12 View Post
Have you got a link to the ar6200 clone you wouldn't mind sharing?
Hi moon12 here's the link to orange ar6200 clone I have been using it for a couple of weeks works fine, other members at our club have been using them longer with no problems. Does not have dual link.

http://hobbyking.com/hobbyking/store...dProduct=11965

Good value

Beers & Cheers

Gregor
GoPopp is offline Find More Posts by GoPopp
Old Nov 15, 2010, 02:58 PM
Canton, Michigan USA
Joined Jul 2007
16,240 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoPopp View Post
Hi moon12 here's the link to orange ar6200 clone I have been using it for a couple of weeks works fine, other members at our club have been using them longer with no problems. Does not have dual link.

http://hobbyking.com/hobbyking/store...dProduct=11965

Good value

Beers & Cheers

Gregor
Then it is NOT an a AR6200 clone which would have to hace two RX.
Prof100 is online now Find More Posts by Prof100
RCG Plus Member
Old Nov 15, 2010, 03:42 PM
West Texas USA
Joined Mar 2008
662 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prof100 View Post
Then it is NOT an a AR6200 clone which would have to hace two RX.
I agree. The AR6200 has two rf heads. The rx you are referring to is probably a AR6100 class rx.
garymcc is offline Find More Posts by garymcc
Old Nov 15, 2010, 04:30 PM
Lincoln, CA
Joined Oct 2006
8,421 Posts
Replacing a rudder/elevator servo.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob A View Post
How do I go about removing the defective rudder servo on my RTF SS and replacing it? The servo is mounted inside the fuselage, the servo arm and control wire is on the outside. The control wire has two 90 deg. bends in it to attach it to the control arm of the servo and the tube the wire runs through is glued up to within a fraction of an inch of the control arm. I have already attached the stabilizer and rudder with GG.

Thanks for any help

Bob
It is sort of like a Chinese finger puzzle. First, reach in with a wide flat bladed screwdriver and pop the servo loose (It is pretty easy to do). Then, "walk" the servo off the "Z" bend that you mentioned. Next, put in the new servo and "walk" in onto the "Z" bend. Now, the tricky part - your choice -either:
put a piece of double-sided tape on the servo before you put in the servo (this is hard)
OR
Just before you pop the servo into place, put a blob of hot glue on the side of the servo and quickly pop it into place (this is what I did).
The hardest part of all of this is realizing that you can "walk" the servo off the "Z" bend. Good luck.
AJ
Old Nov 15, 2010, 04:44 PM
Lincoln, CA
Joined Oct 2006
8,421 Posts
Email them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greywing View Post
Just checked the bevrc site for SS availability and it's no longer shown in the catalog. Bummer!!!!!
Yeah. Me, too. It sure sucks. But, as a last ditch effort, I sent them an email begging them to restock them. Who knows? Maybe begging works. If a few of us email them, maybe they will actually order more.
AJ