HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Reply
Thread Tools
Old May 24, 2012, 03:45 PM
Registered User
Eagle202's Avatar
United States, FL, Clearwater
Joined Aug 2011
1,600 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ajbaker View Post
Yes on the reliability. Yes on the ESC. You want a 30A or better. Wait a moment. I will go find one for you.
AJ
UPDATE: Get THIS one. It is a bit more expensive than the Mystery cheapo's on EBay. But, it is a much better quality ESC.
AJ

I presume that even though those 2835 2200kv motors are listed for use with an RC Boat They will work just fine in the SS?
Eagle202 is offline Find More Posts by Eagle202
Reply With Quote
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Old May 24, 2012, 05:37 PM
Team Lumenier Pilot
Grazer's Avatar
Australia, WA, Perth
Joined Aug 2011
2,541 Posts
Quote:
That's beautiful video. I'm surprised there isn't more wind at the beach like that. For stabilization, are you thinking about video software stabilization? Or a more stable aircraft?
Thanks for all the comments. And yes sleep purchasing is very dangerous.

Looking forward to receiving the FY30A to smooth out the craft. Also been speaking with a mate who is a videographer about software to stabilise. I guess I haven't thought much about a whole new craft as yet. Open to suggestions however.

The wind conditions at the beach were not too bad when I flew. There is uplift and sinks coming off the dunes and also the rock wall you can see. I also notice differing thermal affects, transiting from land to ocean in parts.

Cheers.
Grazer is offline Find More Posts by Grazer
RCG Plus Member
Reply With Quote
Old May 24, 2012, 05:40 PM
Better then Sliced Bread!
NorCalMatCat's Avatar
United States, CA, Arcata
Joined Oct 2011
2,649 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grazer View Post
Thanks for all the comments. And yes sleep purchasing is very dangerous.

Looking forward to receiving the FY30A to smooth out the craft. Also been speaking with a mate who is a videographer about software to stabilise. I guess I haven't thought much about a whole new craft as yet. Open to suggestions however.

The wind conditions at the beach were not too bad when I flew. There is uplift and sinks coming off the dunes and also the rock wall you can see. I also notice differing thermal affects, transiting from land to ocean in parts.

Cheers.
I love my FY31AP, the only time I notice any real turbulence now is in a thermal, otherwise she flies very smooth, even in 20mph winds (though she will crab so much she will be flying at a 45 degree angle :P).
NorCalMatCat is offline Find More Posts by NorCalMatCat
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Let'sFPV UBEC 1 WEEK SALE
Reply With Quote
Old May 24, 2012, 06:01 PM
Registered User
Eagle202's Avatar
United States, FL, Clearwater
Joined Aug 2011
1,600 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by NorCalMatCat View Post
I love my FY31AP, the only time I notice any real turbulence now is in a thermal, otherwise she flies very smooth, even in 20mph winds (though she will crab so much she will be flying at a 45 degree angle :P).
Whats the cost difference between the FY31AP and the FY30A as well as the functionality?

Does it really smooth out the flight that much?

From what I found the 31AP cost about $65 more than the 30A. But you get more functions like: RTH, autonomous flight, ground control thru way-points and FPV with an OSD option. Looks like the better deal if you can afford it.
Eagle202 is offline Find More Posts by Eagle202
Last edited by Eagle202; May 24, 2012 at 07:54 PM. Reason: added cost and app data
Reply With Quote
Old May 24, 2012, 06:53 PM
Why so serious?
2500GENE's Avatar
United States, FL, Cape Coral
Joined Dec 2007
5,972 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grazer View Post
Hey Guys.....new video from my Bixler. Ordered a Feiyu tech FY30A last night. Woke up at midnight thinking about achieving a more stable platform. Ordered it and went back to sleep. This video shot today, without stabilisation. Comments welcome.
You did a real nice job there.



Quote:
Originally Posted by Eagle202 View Post
Well maybe not Gene but the rest of you guys have given me a lot of good info on this hobby. I really appreciate it.
...sigh....
2500GENE is offline Find More Posts by 2500GENE
Reply With Quote
Old May 24, 2012, 07:39 PM
Registered User
Eagle202's Avatar
United States, FL, Clearwater
Joined Aug 2011
1,600 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2500GENE View Post
You did a real nice job there.





...sigh....
Have another beer on me Gene
Eagle202 is offline Find More Posts by Eagle202
Reply With Quote
Old May 24, 2012, 07:48 PM
Better then Sliced Bread!
NorCalMatCat's Avatar
United States, CA, Arcata
Joined Oct 2011
2,649 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eagle202 View Post
Whats the cost difference between the FY31AP and the FY30A as well as the functionality?

Does it really smooth out the flight that much?
Well I don't fully know the difference between the two so I am looking up...

Prices:
FY30A $128
FY31AP $195

Both have stabilize modes
Both support heading hold locks
Only FY31AP has autopilot modes (RTH and Loiter)
FY30A supports quads as well
FY30A has aerobatic recovery mode (31AP does not)
NorCalMatCat is offline Find More Posts by NorCalMatCat
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Let'sFPV UBEC 1 WEEK SALE
Reply With Quote
Old May 24, 2012, 08:12 PM
Limited flyer
Limited flyer's Avatar
Joined Dec 2011
412 Posts
Lay off on gene, he has water in his ear all of the time spent in his pool.
Limited flyer is offline Find More Posts by Limited flyer
Reply With Quote
Old May 24, 2012, 08:23 PM
Registered User
Eagle202's Avatar
United States, FL, Clearwater
Joined Aug 2011
1,600 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by NorCalMatCat View Post
Well I don't fully know the difference between the two so I am looking up...

Prices:
FY30A $128
FY31AP $195

Both have stabilize modes
Both support heading hold locks
Only FY31AP has autopilot modes (RTH and Loiter)
FY30A supports quads as well
FY30A has aerobatic recovery mode (31AP does not)
Thanks for the info. That is pretty much what I found. I think the Eagle Tree Guardian is similar to the FY30A and cheaper at $75 but the FY31 is a cut above both. Any of those will make the SS or Bix fly much smoother especially with windy conditions.
Eagle202 is offline Find More Posts by Eagle202
Reply With Quote
Old May 24, 2012, 08:33 PM
Better then Sliced Bread!
NorCalMatCat's Avatar
United States, CA, Arcata
Joined Oct 2011
2,649 Posts
I originally got mine mainly for RTH, but I mostly fly in ABM mode, I'm not trying to do anything crazy :P.
NorCalMatCat is offline Find More Posts by NorCalMatCat
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Let'sFPV UBEC 1 WEEK SALE
Reply With Quote
Old May 24, 2012, 08:43 PM
Why so serious?
2500GENE's Avatar
United States, FL, Cape Coral
Joined Dec 2007
5,972 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eagle202 View Post
Have another beer on me Gene
Next time you have a gator in your pool call aj or Prof and see what they do for ya.
2500GENE is offline Find More Posts by 2500GENE
Reply With Quote
Old May 24, 2012, 09:05 PM
Argue for your limitations
ajbaker's Avatar
Lincoln, CA
Joined Oct 2006
8,422 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eagle202 View Post
AJ

I presume that even though those 2835 2200kv motors are listed for use with an RC Boat They will work just fine in the SS?
You are correct.
AJ
ajbaker is offline Find More Posts by ajbaker
Reply With Quote
Old May 24, 2012, 10:53 PM
Argue for your limitations
ajbaker's Avatar
Lincoln, CA
Joined Oct 2006
8,422 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2500GENE View Post
Next time you have a gator in your pool call aj or Prof and see what they do for ya.
I would send in my Gator dog before I go flying my Sky Surfer. Get 'em boy.
AJ
ajbaker is offline Find More Posts by ajbaker
Reply With Quote
Old May 25, 2012, 07:50 AM
Registered User
Eagle202's Avatar
United States, FL, Clearwater
Joined Aug 2011
1,600 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2500GENE View Post
Next time you have a gator in your pool call aj or Prof and see what they do for ya.
Gene

You forget I have lived down here for 24 yrs. There have been numerous snakes, ducks, frogs, spiders, bugs, etc in my pool that met an early demise. As for gators. I refuse to answer that on the grounds it may incriminate me.

Them critters are protected.
Eagle202 is offline Find More Posts by Eagle202
Reply With Quote
Old May 25, 2012, 07:52 AM
Registered User
Eagle202's Avatar
United States, FL, Clearwater
Joined Aug 2011
1,600 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ajbaker View Post
I would send in my Gator dog before I go flying my Sky Surfer. Get 'em boy.
AJ
Oh that poor tennis ball. I expect it had lost some of it's bounce after being impaled by that sweet puppy.
Eagle202 is offline Find More Posts by Eagle202
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
For Sale Cyber Sky Parachute (Sky Surfer) shv2sail Aircraft - Electric - Airplanes (FS/W) 6 May 28, 2013 02:14 AM
Discussion Sky Surfer nickwayne11c Electric Plane Talk 15 Nov 18, 2011 02:36 PM
Discussion Banana Hobby Sky Surfer Problems cavy92 Electric Plane Talk 56 Nov 02, 2010 02:49 AM
Question Sky Surfer LiPo mod, help... Freight Dog Power Systems 0 Aug 17, 2006 01:45 PM
Swashplate Assembly with Center Ball; is this the swash with ball mod i want? tekforce Micro Helis 4 Feb 08, 2004 05:28 PM