Wad ya expect, it is the same od BH BS.
Limited flyer is offline Find More Posts by Limited flyer
to remove ads between posts
Old May 21, 2012, 09:38 PM
Novice in training
United States, NC, Statesville
Joined Aug 2011
708 Posts
True that. They have some nice looking stuff but u can't get support for it so its not worth anything. Imo.
JoshB is offline Find More Posts by JoshB
Old May 22, 2012, 02:57 AM
Joined Jul 2008
187 Posts
I found them on readymaderc, otherwise I have the ss full kit on HK. I have a trip to the US in 2 weeks, if the wings fit in my suitcase I will buy them from rmrc.
yannc is offline Find More Posts by yannc
Old May 22, 2012, 05:37 AM
Multicopter Crash Tester
Australia, QLD, Brisbane
Joined Apr 2012
204 Posts
Finally received My Bixler Kit today from HK and bits for the build!

This will be my first build ever and took alot of advice from this thread and other sources....

Parts include:

RCTimer 2826-6 2200kv motor
50Amp ESC
5A UBEC
Carbon fibre reinforcing
APC 6x4E Prop
2200mah 3 Cell 30C batteries

And whatever else you can see in the photo Cant wait to have it done, wish me luck!
Amfamora is offline Find More Posts by Amfamora
Old May 22, 2012, 05:42 AM
Team Lumenier Pilot
Australia, WA, Perth
Joined Aug 2011
2,543 Posts
Quote:
Holy Has Christmas come early? I also built my Bixler from this thread and in turn shared my findings and experiences to help others. Good photos are always appreciated.

Best of luck. Wish I was helping you!
Grazer is offline Find More Posts by Grazer
RCG Plus Member
Old May 22, 2012, 01:10 PM
United States, FL, Clearwater
Joined Aug 2011
1,603 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Amfamora View Post

This will be my first build ever and took alot of advice from this thread and other sources....

Parts include:

RCTimer 2826-6 2200kv motor
50Amp ESC
5A UBEC
Carbon fibre reinforcing
APC 6x4E Prop
2200mah 3 Cell 30C batteries

And whatever else you can see in the photo Cant wait to have it done, wish me luck!
Is there a plane somewhere in that pile of stuff.

Just a reminder. Like most kits you will usually end up with extra parts that you didn't need to begin with or missed where the instructions indicated they were supposed to be added.

Whatever the case. I only ask that you box them all up and send them to me for proper disposal.
Eagle202 is offline Find More Posts by Eagle202
Old May 22, 2012, 02:34 PM
Canton, Michigan USA
Joined Jul 2007
16,617 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eagle202 View Post
Is there a plane somewhere in that pile of stuff.

Just a reminder. Like most kits you will usually end up with extra parts that you didn't need to begin with or missed where the instructions indicated they were supposed to be added.

Whatever the case. I only ask that you box them all up and send them to me for proper disposal.
I think he has everything AND some spares.
Prof100 is online now Find More Posts by Prof100
RCG Plus Member
Old May 22, 2012, 02:39 PM
CURIOSITY Has Landed!
Sydney, Australia
Joined Jul 2005
1,170 Posts
Amfamora,

Looks like your also stocking up your parts draws/cases.
If all those parts are from Hobby King, is that the Soldering Iron Station they sell I spy in the picture (that is never in stock)?

I've been wanting one ages. If it is one, does it look the tip/s are small enough for fine electronics work, like on TX's (namely the 9X) and for Surface Mount Component work.

-B!LL!
Fugitive_Bill is offline Find More Posts by Fugitive_Bill
Old May 22, 2012, 03:58 PM
Here because of FPV
Toronto
Joined Jul 2010
103 Posts
I lost my sky surfer FPV rig on the weekend due to pilot error. This was my first plane and I had a good 2 years with it but do feel hurt. I flew behind a building 2km away, lost video and never recovered.

I am looking for parts to build another. Everything has been easy to find except the motor. I know I need a 2835 inrunner but my regular places seem to be out of stock. I have resorted to ebay. Do you think these are compatible candidates? They seem too cheap:
http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_nkw=...2200&_osacat=0

I am looking for a quality motor. I don't need to be the fastest plane. I am interested in any suggestions including motor mount and another motor type.
bradsears is offline Find More Posts by bradsears
Old May 22, 2012, 04:03 PM
Me a long time ago
London N.E. UK
Joined Jan 2007
6,107 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by bradsears View Post
I lost my sky surfer FPV rig on the weekend due to pilot error. This was my first plane and I had a good 2 years with it but do feel hurt. I flew behind a building 2km away, lost video and never recovered.

I am looking for parts to build another. Everything has been easy to find except the motor. I know I need a 2835 inrunner but my regular places seem to be out of stock. I have resorted to ebay. Do you think these are compatible candidates? They seem too cheap:
http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_nkw=...2200&_osacat=0

I am looking for a quality motor. I don't need to be the fastest plane. I am interested in any suggestions including motor mount and another motor type.
What, no contact details on the lost SS?
Flypoppa is offline Find More Posts by Flypoppa
RCG Plus Member
Old May 22, 2012, 04:05 PM
Here because of FPV
Toronto
Joined Jul 2010
103 Posts
I have a beautiful message "Brad, phone number, reward" on a wing but based on the area I was in and how high I was I doubt it will be recovered. I am very interested in my phone doing something but nothing yet.
Old May 22, 2012, 04:46 PM
Soon to be CrashMasterPhil
Rochester MN
Joined Dec 2007
754 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by yannc View Post
So, I had a bad crash today. I was doing an aerial video of the place I work and my landing area was smaller than usual. Anyway, I hit a tree and broke a wing....

http://www.flickr.com/photos/4542420...in/photostream
Is this fixeable? Which glue should I use? I have foam glue and hot glue.

Can the wings of the Skysurfer be bought on their own?
Low Temp Hot Melt Glue is my favorite. A couple wooden shish kabobs sticks also help. Also, looks like the brake pads on the Porsche need replacing
divemasterphil is offline Find More Posts by divemasterphil
Old May 22, 2012, 04:58 PM
Here because of FPV
Toronto
Joined Jul 2010
103 Posts
I have repaired a wing break just like that. I used the foam glue and then taped the entire under surface of the wing with fiber glass tape. It held through wing bending loops.
Old May 22, 2012, 06:12 PM
Multicopter Crash Tester
Australia, QLD, Brisbane
Joined Apr 2012
204 Posts
Yeah I definately have some spares to fill the parts draws.... How can you not buy extra when the prices are so very cheap

The Solidering Iron isnt from Hobbyking just a spare I had lying around the house.......

Im thinking of not using the control horns that I ordered they seem to be a little to flimsy so those will be getting replaced. But yeah hopefully have everything covered with spares and wont be left wanting for anything when I start building
Amfamora is offline Find More Posts by Amfamora
Old May 22, 2012, 08:42 PM
Limited flyer
Joined Dec 2011
412 Posts
Thing about this hobby, your ALWAYS wanting for something.
Limited flyer is offline Find More Posts by Limited flyer