HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Apr 19, 2010, 05:46 PM
United States, CA, Oakland
Joined Nov 2007
143 Posts
Build Log
Good news and possibly some bad news.

Hi Everyone,

Well I have some good news to report and possibly some bad news. Lets start with the good. We had a brief company meeting over the weekend and have decided to dedicate all our future available time to completing the production on some of our new projects. Over the last 6 months there has been a abnormal increase in frequency of sales of the Heron steam plants. This is also good news but unfortunately it has just about wiped out all of our assembled inventory leaving only 3 remaining.

Normally we begin manufacturing and assembling another batch well before we run out completely but this time we were caught of guard. We have already managed to finish machining of all the parts for the next batch, though it takes a significant amount of man hours to paint, weld, plumb and assemble everything.

So here comes the bad news.

As a result of this weekend's meeting to focus all of our available time on completing the new projects we will not be putting together another batch of Heron engines or steam plants for the significant foreseeable future or until we have completed the new projects. Please do not worry, we will not be discontinuing the Heron line of engines but we may have to increase their prices a bit on future production runs. This is still yet to be decided. I'm well aware of the fact that the Herons seem to be very expensive already but given the fact we produce every single last part down to the hex head fasteners in-house, I can only try to begin to explain the ungodly amount of hours that go into each engine and boiler. In real world machining and labor prices, if we were to farm out the work, the steam plants would have to be sold for at least double their current prices in order to make a profit and to continue to be a viable company.

However on a more positive note, we are very excited about the new steam goodies that are currently in the works. The new goodies are significantly simpler than the Herons are, but the common traits that they share are the same amount of time and passion went into their design and of course the same level of precision is going into their production. I'm looking forward to being able to share the step by step new build right here over the coming months.

Nick
Monahan Steam is offline Find More Posts by Monahan Steam
to remove ads between posts
Old Apr 20, 2010, 11:03 AM
3 Blades to the Wind
Atascadero, California, United States
Joined Oct 2004
4,085 Posts
Nick-

Your systems are works of art and are appropriately priced for what they are. It's great that you are sharing this information with us and I doubt there's a person here that doesn't understand what you are talking about.

I *WISH* I could afford your products as they are beautiful, but the only thing I can do now is wish you continued luck with your business. If you are willing to consider barter labor and skills, PM me, I would be happy to work as a skilled indentured servant for the shot at one of your beautiful systems...
Shaun Hendricks is offline Find More Posts by Shaun Hendricks
Old Apr 21, 2010, 01:09 AM
Bradford West Yorkshire, UK
Joined Apr 2010
1,668 Posts
A good prodct will always sell Nick and in the circles that know, yours is highly regarded for design, quality and finish. To casual eyes, the price of your units may seem top line, but if they sit and ponder the alternatives, the price of a Lathe, raw materials, time and physical ability to produce a complete, SAFE, drop in power unit loads the scales deeply in your favour.

All power to yer elbow mate.

Regards Ian.
Circlip is offline Find More Posts by Circlip