SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Jul 21, 2010, 05:51 AM
Aberdeen, Scotland, UK
Joined Dec 2007
607 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by sonicj View Post
werd! got it working! ended up with a 100k on one side and 47k + 10k trimmer on the other. the 5k i had seemed to do a little better, but it was like a 20 turn monstrosity. i think you have your voltage padded down a lot lower than mine... im pushing 4.5v or so at the a5 pin with 12.9v going in at the screw terminals. i had to add a lot of offset in the software to get the voltage reading back into range of the trimmer pot. i was thinking, the higher input voltage should give me a little better resolution when i run on 2s packs...?

it seems like it updates the screen kinda fast... 3 or 4 times per seconds maybe??? the top line has a bit of flicker thats in sync with the flashing yellow led on the arduino. gonna go do some more research on driving these lcds... cheers!
-sj
3 or 4 times per sec should be fine. I normally drive those types of LCDs at around 200mS, which isn't far off the 242mS of serial LCD refresh in my code......assuming you've placed your code similarly.

However, more likely is that you are seeing some jitter due to the interrupts. Are you using a library for yor new LCD?........it's own interrupts may be conflicting with the interrupts in my code. I think that's one of the reasons I went for a serial LCD thus avoiding the use of any library code.
If you are getting jitter due to this then make sure the PPM output isn't jittering now also. I remember that was a BIG issue before I changed to serial LCDs. If you get stuck I'm sure there are 16*2 serial LCDs out there somewhere.

Ian.
IanJ is offline Find More Posts by IanJ
to remove ads between posts
Old Jul 21, 2010, 06:03 AM
five by five
Panama City Bch, FL
Joined Jan 2009
2,074 Posts
ahh.... that makes sense. i think i can drive this lcd via the serial output. i'll swap it around and see what happens. if not, i'll check the ppm to make sure its still good. thanx!
-sj
sonicj is offline Find More Posts by sonicj
Old Jul 26, 2010, 08:56 AM
Joined Jun 2010
6 Posts
same code, different job

Hi Ian,

I have a need to remotely control the pan of a camera, and was thinking that i could use the code for the throtle. Looking at the pics, it looks like you have a Pot for the throtle is that correct?

Thanks
Ian..
wskisoft is offline Find More Posts by wskisoft
Old Jul 26, 2010, 01:14 PM
five by five
Panama City Bch, FL
Joined Jan 2009
2,074 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by wskisoft View Post
Hi Ian,

I have a need to remotely control the pan of a camera, and was thinking that i could use the code for the throtle. Looking at the pics, it looks like you have a Pot for the throtle is that correct?

Thanks
Ian..
wskisoft,
the throttle is actually the same as the x, y or z controls, just in a different form factor. all consist of a potentiometer setup as a voltage divider. turning the pot varies the voltage to the corresponding analog input. ie: 0v to 5v = low to high. ian's code measures that voltage and converts it to value which is then inserted into the ppm signal to the tx.

if you only need the pan axis, you can use any potentiometer that suits your needs. no need to hack up a joystick for the throttle control... you can simply pick a pot that fits your desired rotation in and add a knob of your preference. slide & rocker pots are fair game as well. cheers!
-sj
sonicj is offline Find More Posts by sonicj
Old Aug 30, 2010, 07:16 AM
Dave Mackie
London
Joined Oct 2005
242 Posts
nice bit of kit, you got rudder pedals on the cards too?

Am looking at getting a second hand FF9 to deconstruct and distribute into a throttle box, a joystick and some rudder pedals... for FPV of course. Just wondering tho, do you know if the FF9 can output all channels to the LRS whilst still accepting channels 7 and 8 from a Gyro sensor on goggles? (and hence passing that thru to the output?)

just thought i'd throw that out there
dmackie is offline Find More Posts by dmackie
Old Aug 30, 2010, 09:23 AM
Romania, Dolj, Craiova
Joined Sep 2007
14,945 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dmackie View Post
...Just wondering tho, do you know if the FF9 can output all channels to the LRS whilst still accepting channels 7 and 8 from a Gyro sensor on goggles? (and hence passing that thru to the output?)

just thought i'd throw that out there
Yes
renatoa is offline Find More Posts by renatoa
Old Sep 14, 2010, 08:00 PM
Oz Noob
Sydney, Australia
Joined Sep 2010
6 Posts
I've just started making on of these, and while I'm alright with code and electronics in general, I'm hopeless on the actual design side of electrics.

Is it possible for anyone to put up a rough sketch of the circuit?
Labeling the capacitors used on the input power etc.

Thx.
Cheers,
HH
HaydenH is offline Find More Posts by HaydenH
Old Sep 14, 2010, 09:18 PM
Inciting Riots
Joined Dec 2006
9,687 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by HaydenH View Post
I've just started making on of these, and while I'm alright with code and electronics in general, I'm hopeless on the actual design side of electrics.

Is it possible for anyone to put up a rough sketch of the circuit?
Labeling the capacitors used on the input power etc.

Thx.
Cheers,
HH

Get the documents for the Microstar 2000 and have a look, then think of how you might modify it for the processor you want to use. If you are already using a PIC then you may want to contact Gordon and see about sharing the code to help with the software development.
village_idiot is offline Find More Posts by village_idiot
Old Sep 17, 2010, 08:25 PM
Joined Sep 2010
9 Posts
Cool project! I don't know when i can design one like that. I try my best
kukger is offline Find More Posts by kukger
Old Nov 30, 2010, 08:22 AM
Olden days FPVer now returning
Surrey
Joined Nov 2010
113 Posts
Any more news on this one?

Ian, the snow must be pretty heavy up there now.
Just spoke to a relly in Skye and their snow is much deeper than ours down here today.
snowmanf is offline Find More Posts by snowmanf
Old Nov 30, 2010, 01:14 PM
Aberdeen, Scotland, UK
Joined Dec 2007
607 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by snowmanf View Post
Any more news on this one?

Ian, the snow must be pretty heavy up there now.
Just spoke to a relly in Skye and their snow is much deeper than ours down here today.
Aye, pretty bad up here........fine excuse to take a few days off though....

Ian.
Old Dec 01, 2010, 08:21 AM
Joined Jun 2010
6 Posts
hi guys

I wanna to build suitable encoder for Corona DIY 2.4GHz that could control 4 servos of helicopter ..can anybody help me .

regards
ali1980 is offline Find More Posts by ali1980
Old Jan 19, 2011, 02:14 PM
The Fixer
Canada, ON, Milton
Joined Jan 2009
3,767 Posts
Great project there Ian. I decided to give this a go. Now just waiting for the bits to arrive. Any update on your coding lately?
Martin Y is online now Find More Posts by Martin Y
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Flyfly Fox Glider
Old Jan 19, 2011, 05:02 PM
Aberdeen, Scotland, UK
Joined Dec 2007
607 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Martin Y View Post
Great project there Ian. I decided to give this a go. Now just waiting for the bits to arrive. Any update on your coding lately?
Hi,

The code hasn't changed recently, it's still as per my website.

Let me know how you get on, I always like to see other folks's builds, especially pics!

Ian.
Old Jan 19, 2011, 05:39 PM
The Fixer
Canada, ON, Milton
Joined Jan 2009
3,767 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by IanJ View Post
Hi,

The code hasn't changed recently, it's still as per my website.

Let me know how you get on, I always like to see other folks's builds, especially pics!

Ian.
Will Do.
Martin Y is online now Find More Posts by Martin Y
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Flyfly Fox Glider