HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old May 29, 2011, 03:36 AM
Joined Sep 2010
2,414 Posts
Not that I'm progressing anywhere yet but still , I will measure the resistance but now I have exams and have to study all the time ..btw I have a unused nunchuck at home, could it be incorporated...here is a useful link:
http://www.windmeadow.com/node/42?page=1
http://todbot.com/blog/2008/02/18/wi...ter-available/

It would be really cool if i could use two controllers, a joystick and a nunchuck for maybe pan tilt..
msev is online now Find More Posts by msev
to remove ads between posts
Old Jun 04, 2011, 06:59 AM
Aberdeen, Scotland, UK
Joined Dec 2007
607 Posts
Hi all,

04/06/11 - Update: Ver 4.1 - Fixed serious bug in Ael/Ele/Rud I/O mapping/scaling against Rates functions which resulted in wildly wrong PPM values being generated for the sticks. Please upgrade if you are using V4.0.

Here.

Ian.
IanJ is offline Find More Posts by IanJ
Last edited by IanJ; Jun 04, 2011 at 07:18 AM.
Old Jun 06, 2011, 04:53 AM
Joined Dec 2010
9 Posts
Ian,

Just add in my little bit. Finally taken the dive and brought myself a Corona CT8J and guess what, work right out of the box. Now all I need is to finish the rest of the control. BTW, your code would happily fit in a Diecimia 168, which I happen to have one laying around, which is even better.

Again excellent work. Look forward to more updated.

Ben
bench2010 is offline Find More Posts by bench2010
Old Jun 06, 2011, 11:12 AM
Aberdeen, Scotland, UK
Joined Dec 2007
607 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by bench2010 View Post
Ian,

Just add in my little bit. Finally taken the dive and brought myself a Corona CT8J and guess what, work right out of the box. Now all I need is to finish the rest of the control. BTW, your code would happily fit in a Diecimia 168, which I happen to have one laying around, which is even better.

Again excellent work. Look forward to more updated.

Ben
Nice one!......and yes I guess it'll run fine on an Atmega 168. All my Arduino's are 328's.

Let's see some photos etc once you get going. Same goes for anyone else, I'd love to augment my website with some "other user" photos.

Ian.
Old Jun 06, 2011, 01:13 PM
Joined Sep 2010
2,414 Posts
Ian this is the joystick: http://www.bolha.com/oglas1273359176/slika0/krmilniki - that you use right?
msev is online now Find More Posts by msev
Old Jun 06, 2011, 01:54 PM
Aberdeen, Scotland, UK
Joined Dec 2007
607 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by msev View Post
Ian this is the joystick: http://www.bolha.com/oglas1273359176/slika0/krmilniki - that you use right?
I used the grip from here, Logitech Extreme 3D Pro:-

and the base from here, Speed Link Black Widow arcade stick:-

I used the Black Widow base so that I could squeeze all the electronics internally. If you don't want to do that then you could use, for instance, the Logitech Extreme 3D Pro complete and run a cable from there to a small enclosure where you house everything else.

Or, if you don't mind not having rudder control on the stick then you could use the Speed Link Black Widow without swapping out the actual stick.

Many ways to do it!

Ian.
Old Jun 07, 2011, 04:06 PM
Aberdeen, Scotland, UK
Joined Dec 2007
607 Posts
Hi all,

Any ideas on additional functionality I should add to the code............I was thinking of a timer, so the user can time flights.

Ian.

UPDATE:
Version 4.2 posted, timer mode now implemented. Code is here.

The 4 buttons on the Tx are now as follows:-
- Ael/Ele/Rud trim select.
- Down trim adj / Enter-Exit Timer mode.
- Up trim adj / Start-Stop Timer.
- Lo/Med/Hi rates select.

Notes:
1. You can exit the timer mode and the timer will remain active, also, the timer isn't the most accurate, it'll probably lose 1sec every couple of minutes.
2. Press Down trim & Up trim at same time to enter I/O Test mode.

PS. I haven't flight tested this version....yet.

Ian.
Last edited by IanJ; Jun 08, 2011 at 03:39 PM.
Old Jun 09, 2011, 01:47 PM
Aberdeen, Scotland, UK
Joined Dec 2007
607 Posts
UPDATE:
Version 4.3 posted, code is here.

I have modified the 4 panel pushbuttons so that they act ON-UP, i.e. when the button is released. This might sound daft, but it's an old trick to make the user experience when pressing buttons much better. The downside is you lose auto-repeat on those buttons (no big deal).

PS. I haven't flight tested this version....yet.

Ian.
Last edited by IanJ; Jun 09, 2011 at 04:39 PM.
Old Jun 23, 2011, 11:12 AM
Joined Dec 2010
9 Posts
Possible Flight Stick: Logitech Flight Force PS2

Hi,

Being busy lately try to find a suitable Flight Stick. Found this:

http://www.directbuyhk.com/product_h..._Joystick.html

Say it is for PS2, but I try it on a PC and it works just the same. It even have throttle build in, twist handle and 7 button build in. The base should be big enough to house the Arduino (using a RBBB, which is really small), battery, transmitter (I think I have to remove the case, but let see how it goes.) and other electronics.

Anyway, here is a few photo of lamp before the slaughter .

Will let you know how it goes with gutting it.

Ben
Old Jun 23, 2011, 12:07 PM
Aberdeen, Scotland, UK
Joined Dec 2007
607 Posts
Ben,

Looks like a suitable contender.......the base looks deep, so hopefully you'll have enough room. Are you gonna use an LCD?

Ian.
Old Jun 29, 2011, 10:05 AM
Joined Dec 2010
9 Posts
Hi,

Finally gutted it! Turns out to be a real pig to open, secret is to take the joystick handle apart first, then pry open the "fake" hex nut cover at the base of the handle. Yes "fake" hex nut, they even turns! There are three catches underneath the cover.

Anyway, here it is fully naked, with the transmitter and rbbb. It is only a test fit, but is looking good. Next thing is to meter out all the switches and pots.

Yes, I will be fitting an LCD, but I am modifying your code for the LCD, since I only has an LCDserializer, which take slightly different commands.
Old Jul 05, 2011, 02:35 PM
The Fixer
Canada, ON, Milton
Joined Jan 2009
3,771 Posts
Holy cow! my other LCD is finally on it's way . Only been waiting since Febuary. Now to get my but in gear and do something constructive.
Martin Y is online now Find More Posts by Martin Y
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Flyfly Fox Glider
Old Jul 05, 2011, 06:08 PM
Aberdeen, Scotland, UK
Joined Dec 2007
607 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Martin Y View Post
Holy cow! my other LCD is finally on it's way . Only been waiting since Febuary.
Incredible!

Ian.
Old Jul 06, 2011, 02:00 AM
I reject your reality... :-)
Danmark, Hovedstaden, Kvistgård
Joined Oct 2009
1 Posts
Hi All

I have been following this thread for quite some time and finally jumped on the wagon :-) i did however get a bit carried away when i chose the LCD and got the sparkfun 128x64 wich does not work with Ian's code and dont know s... about coding arduino :-) but learning! i have managed to get the "hello world"

I have started out with the same setup as Ian, Scherrer lrs and logitech joystick.

I have two questions:

1. how to make exponential stick curves?
2. and to Ian is you quad a MK?

Srolin
srolin is offline Find More Posts by srolin
Old Jul 06, 2011, 03:43 PM
Aberdeen, Scotland, UK
Joined Dec 2007
607 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by srolin View Post
Hi All

I have been following this thread for quite some time and finally jumped on the wagon :-) i did however get a bit carried away when i chose the LCD and got the sparkfun 128x64 wich does not work with Ian's code and dont know s... about coding arduino :-) but learning! i have managed to get the "hello world"

I have started out with the same setup as Ian, Scherrer lrs and logitech joystick.

I have two questions:

1. how to make exponential stick curves?
2. and to Ian is you quad a MK?

Srolin
Expo stick curves......hmmm, I'll think about that one for a future software upgrade.....but I don't see why not.

My quad is based on a Dammar Brushless PWB - (Dammar/Spectrolutions)

Ian.