|Apr 18, 2010, 11:29 PM|
This seems kinda pointless, I also see a few issues
1. How do you plan to mount the engine
2. How do you plan to stiffen the wings?
3. not to be pessimistic, but wouldn't it be easier to make a profile plane from foam sheets?
|Apr 19, 2010, 04:24 PM|
still looks tail heavy...
Ya know, not to burst your bubble (cause it is a good idea), but i think that it will fly a whole lot better at what it is designed to be. That is a kite, not an RC model. If you want, strip the CF and use it in a plane. The thing is too flexy.
|Apr 19, 2010, 08:01 PM|
Here are my problems with the design
1. you have no real way to mount an engine. The plane is just a giant wind sock on the inside, with little to no structure on the inside to mount an engine. You will need a lot of stuff to make one, like a way to prevent torque from folding up your plane
2. Your design uses a kite, which has no airfoil. While, yes, there are a lot of flatfoam planes, the problem is their wing is all solid, instead of carbon fiber and cloth loosely held onto the edges of your wing. You will need to really support your wing, with more carbon, and make controls. Same for the rudder and elevator
3. By the time you get done re-enforcing your airplane, you will have a lot of money, and weight, in your airplane. It may just be better to make a foam airplane and paint it.
|Category||Thread||Thread Starter||Forum||Replies||Last Post|
|Discussion||Hand thrown Gliders for Kids||Terry Glenn||Foamies (Scratchbuilt)||5||Mar 24, 2010 10:05 PM|
|New Product||Smaller version of Joel K. Scholz Hawkeye||blimppilot||Minnesota Area Radio Control Electric Enthusiasts (MARCEE)||1||Mar 10, 2010 02:40 PM|
|Discussion||Hand Thrown Plane into an RC||Mooshu Beef||Foamies (Scratchbuilt)||14||Jan 07, 2010 12:21 AM|
|Off Site||Kite, kite making supplies, kite books-possible trades.||will_newton||Non R/C Items (FS/W)||4||Sep 06, 2006 07:49 PM|
|Walmart kite plane||bernie||Parkflyers||9||Apr 04, 2002 03:13 PM|