SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Apr 23, 2001, 08:41 PM
Iowa City Iowa
Joined Jun 2000
417 Posts
Forum for batteries and chargers?

Hi.. I thought this site had a forum for batteries and charger discussions.. Is there a area I missed?

Thanks

Mike
GiantScale is offline Find More Posts by GiantScale
to remove ads between posts
Old Apr 23, 2001, 09:17 PM
Texas
Joined Aug 1999
5,110 Posts
Modeling Science Forum....
dave_lilley is offline Find More Posts by dave_lilley
Old Apr 23, 2001, 11:53 PM
RIP Ric
Marietta, GA
Joined Jun 1999
43,312 Posts
As Dave said, it's called "Modeling Science"..
"Aerodynamics, electronics, and other scientific discussions."
..a
Andy W is offline Find More Posts by Andy W
Old Apr 24, 2001, 03:28 AM
Northwest Territory
Joined Jan 2001
203 Posts
Mike,

I agree there should be a forum specifically on batteries and chargers. Many of the questions which come up have to do with these very important and distinct items.

If there were such a forum and all the previous information were moved to it, it would be of great value, not only to new folks but those of us who need to be reminded from time to time. It takes a lot of time and dedication plus some knowledge to search for this information, especially since often you don't know what you need until you see it.

Some time ago, I broached this subject in the suggestion forum and got back an unsatisfactory answer, something like its all part of modeling science. Well that is true, but batteries and charging are such a big part of electric flight I still believe there should be a specific forum. We all know this is much more complex than emptying a fuel bulb of 10% nitro into a plastic tank, putting the heat to the glowplug and saying "adios".

These guys running these forums do a great job and it has got to be a labor of love, and if I thought I had the expertese I would offer to run it. Perhaps someone will volunteer.

Lee
El Pe is offline Find More Posts by El Pe
Old Apr 24, 2001, 05:53 AM
N. Staffs, UK
Joined Jan 1997
5,654 Posts
There is an FAQ (link at top of page) and it has plenty of information on batteries and chargers. Life would be simpler round here if a few more people took the trouble to read that before asking their questions. The new FAQ, arriving soon, will allow anyone with the knowledge to add information. That's the best place for the collected wisdom on any subject.

To my mind the main problem with a battery forum is that people would still ask questions about their Zagi battery in "Foamies", their Litestik batteries in Slow Flight, ECO 8 batteries in "Helicopters" etc. I.e the information would still be spread all over the place.

Steve
steve lewin is offline Find More Posts by steve lewin
Old Apr 25, 2001, 01:25 AM
Northwest Territory
Joined Jan 2001
203 Posts
Steve,

I tried to make my observations as non-challenging as possible, but judging by the response the only way I see to settle this is speed 400's at sunrise.

Actually, considering the multitude of responses which have already rolled in on this subject, I think I will just kiss it off and move on. You win.

In a true spirit of pettiness, however, I can't help but note that the FAC at the top of the forum concerns itself totally with the forum itself. The FAC on the main page is the one which has the subject specific data, and it is very good.

May the Mad Cow stay far away from you.

Lee
Old Apr 25, 2001, 04:22 AM
N. Staffs, UK
Joined Jan 1997
5,654 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by El Pe:
In a true spirit of pettiness, however, I can't help but note that the FAC at the top of the forum concerns itself totally with the forum itself. The FAC on the main page is the one which has the subject specific data, and it is very good.
Hi Lee

As I always wish to maintain my normal high standard of pettiness and pedantry allow me to point out that the FAQ link at the TOP OF THE PAGE points to the EFlight information. The one lower down below the "Post Reply" button is the forum one.

HTH - Steve

BTW Mad Cows are off at the moment. It's Foot in Mouth, pardon Foot and Mouth we've got now (well not me personally)
steve lewin is offline Find More Posts by steve lewin
Old Apr 25, 2001, 05:18 AM
United Kingdom, Bracknell
Joined Nov 2000
12,040 Posts
IMHO the present setup works OK. The Modelling Science forum is the sensible place for general questions on chargers, cycling, nicd vs nimh, etc. (even if most of this is already covered in the FAQ ). However a specific question on (for example) how to slow charge 50 mA cells is probably only going to be relevant to the Slow Flyers forum.
Bill Glover is online now Find More Posts by Bill Glover
Old Apr 25, 2001, 10:09 PM
Northwest Territory
Joined Jan 2001
203 Posts
Steve,
In searching for an extremely erudite and scathing rebuttal, I came up with:

Oh yeah, you're a bigger one.

Lee
Old May 18, 2009, 03:09 AM
Mike Sang
Joined May 2009
3 Posts
Hi everyone,

We produce batteries, and can offer you chargers relative if you need.
we offer Li-ion battery, Li-polymer battery, Ni-MH, Ni-CD, LiFePO4 Li-ion battery; Cylindrical battery, Flat battery, button battery and so on shape.

Welcome inquiries form you!

Best rgds,
Mike Sang
mikesang is offline Find More Posts by mikesang