Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
This thread is privately moderated by Get Real, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Apr 17, 2010, 11:52 AM
Time For Me To Fly!
Illinois
Joined Feb 2006
4,955 Posts
Discussion
The Hobby Industry And The Mainstream!

More and more the movie industry as well as television is using radio controlled vehicles to get shots for movies and tv commercials. For decades now rc cars and aircraft have been used in movies,blue thunder,top gun,empire of the sun,the dead pool,poltergeist etc. Sometimes its just a scene depicting someone enjoying the hobby and other times its to recreate carnage of fullscale aircraft. For the most part rc cars have always been the stable at hobby shops for sales,the rc car company's are also leading the charge to grow the hobby and show it to the mainstream.. Did you know that you can walk into a pep boys auto parts store and they have traxxas rtr vehicles and parts for sale? Thats a huge step for the hobby right there.. what gearhead going for car or truck parts to soup up there fullscale vehicle could resist a radio controlled beast of a revo or a slash stadium truck thats on display near the entrance? Now I enjoy rc cars a lot but I also enjoy flying planes and helis.. many have already made the connection to start a redbull style air race competition for years now with rc planes and its finally in the works(many here have been saying it would be cool for years myself included). Its a start but what could rc plane and heli manufacturers do to gain more exposure for the hobby with the masses and get more people involved with rc planes and helis?. Why not get more rc involved with fullscale events.. Did you know that many fullscale monster truck events have halftime shows with rc cars? Now is not the time to stop thinking of the future of the hobby..especially the aircraft side in the next 5 years. Remember.. the best thing many can do for the hobby is take the time to answer questions and steer people in the right direction if there interested in getting involved in any form of rc.

Nissan SE-R - The Radio Control Show 50 (5 min 17 sec)
Get Real is offline Find More Posts by Get Real
RCG Plus Member
Last edited by Get Real; Apr 17, 2010 at 12:00 PM.
to remove ads between posts