HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Oct 21, 2010, 11:28 PM
Hong Kong
Joined Nov 2008
922 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by pile up View Post
this at JV? I have a HOR in bits and wonder what I will need to get it up and running again. Will I need to modify the steering or use the stock one? I mean instead of the swing action change it to more like the real bikes. Thanks.
Yap, JV. don't mod the steering or you will need to run the crash bar.
ehirobo is offline Find More Posts by ehirobo
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 22, 2010, 04:40 AM
Joined Oct 2010
6 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ehirobo View Post
Yap, JV. don't mod the steering or you will need to run the crash bar.
thanks. will I need any other mods? it's stock just now. thinking of bl but will I need new forks, rear shock, metal motor mount etc... with all that power? Or not necessary just for bling? Thx
pile up is offline Find More Posts by pile up
Old Oct 22, 2010, 08:21 PM
Who needs 4 wheels..
Australia, VIC, Menzies Creek
Joined Aug 2009
769 Posts
If going brushless i would upgrade the rear sprocket & gearbox + gears. With the metal gears, make sure you put grease on them.
Roofas is offline Find More Posts by Roofas
Old Oct 22, 2010, 09:10 PM
Hong Kong
Joined Nov 2008
922 Posts
Quote:
thanks. will I need any other mods? it's stock just now. thinking of bl but will I need new forks, rear shock, metal motor mount etc... with all that power? Or not necessary just for bling? Thx
Don't really need the front forks. Just change the spring as the stock one is too hard and too long.... Yes, you need rear shock, rear swing arm, and metal motor mount is good too. Personally I prefer the plastic gears as they are smoother and quite. But the metal gears sure last longer. One thing very important is trim the fairing so the front wheel will not touch it at full steering lock.
Old Oct 23, 2010, 05:18 AM
Joined Oct 2010
6 Posts
Roofas & ehirobo: Thanks for the tips. I checked the pile of bits and it appears that I must've upgraded the gears to the metal ones. Oh, also found some silcone rubber in the front tyre which I now remember doing. I even have these oval shaped spacers for the gearbox nip! Will look into the rear shock, metal motor mount and start some trimming. Will any of the TC shocks fit? I have some tamiya ones kicking around.
pile up is offline Find More Posts by pile up
Old Oct 23, 2010, 09:24 AM
Who needs 4 wheels..
Joined Aug 2009
769 Posts
Kyosho actually have an alloy hopup Shock & I think 3 racing do as well. Not sure about the TC shocks.
Old Oct 23, 2010, 10:59 PM
Bruce
Palmdale, CA
Joined Sep 2005
2,772 Posts
Kyosho and Hot Racing make an optional rear shock.

http://2wheelhobbies.com/product_inf...roducts_id=484
http://2wheelhobbies.com/product_inf...roducts_id=644

Bruce
slawsonb is offline Find More Posts by slawsonb
Old Oct 24, 2010, 09:14 PM
Hong Kong
Joined Nov 2008
922 Posts
Quote:
Roofas & ehirobo: Thanks for the tips. I checked the pile of bits and it appears that I must've upgraded the gears to the metal ones. Oh, also found some silcone rubber in the front tyre which I now remember doing. I even have these oval shaped spacers for the gearbox nip! Will look into the rear shock, metal motor mount and start some trimming. Will any of the TC shocks fit? I have some tamiya ones kicking around.
Yes, the tamiya touring shocks fits. Most people here use it. I think most 1/10 touring shocks should fit too. I am using shocks from my Edam 1/10 Spirit nitro as I have few of them as spare. And I almost forget the oval spacer, Which is a must if you go brushless or you will be replacing the frame very offen.
Old Oct 30, 2010, 12:42 PM
YOUTUBE - R/C Life Channel
Joined Sep 2010
234 Posts
hot racing works great, just my experience.
kjohns0n is offline Find More Posts by kjohns0n
Old Nov 08, 2010, 10:43 AM
Joined Feb 2006
56 Posts
Hi Pile_up,

Sorry, I an not logging so often, thanks ehirobo and roofas for answering the question. Your comments are great.

Last week, we have a new challenge :Carpet. We were quite worry about the traction before starting, well, it didn't as slippery as we image

2010仁濟慈善遙控車邀請賽 - MotoGP - Final 3 - 7-Nov-10 (0 min 0 sec)
bighead is offline Find More Posts by bighead
Old Nov 08, 2010, 11:41 AM
canvey island
Joined Jul 2002
1,817 Posts
Fantstic !! you guys got so much skill to ride like that without crash bars and with a bike designed in the early 1990s! keep posting them I am a fan
steve bisco is offline Find More Posts by steve bisco
Old Feb 22, 2011, 07:25 PM
Who needs 4 wheels..
Joined Aug 2009
769 Posts
Luv the Pics Bighead, especially the one with the riders on the side of track watching the bike
going down the straight.
Old Feb 23, 2011, 04:21 AM
canvey island
Joined Jul 2002
1,817 Posts
Yeah, your pics always bring a smile to my face
steve bisco is offline Find More Posts by steve bisco
Old Apr 22, 2011, 10:06 PM
Joined Feb 2006
56 Posts
a recent practice in ... rain

雨天[宜]玩電單車 (1 min 7 sec)

and Funday 2011 held on 16-Jan-11
The R/C Motorcycle Funday 2011 (11 min 16 sec)
bighead is offline Find More Posts by bighead
Last edited by bighead; Apr 22, 2011 at 11:30 PM.