HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Closed Thread
Thread Tools
Old Oct 26, 2003, 12:40 AM
Been There! Done That!
boomerace's Avatar
Eugene, Oregon, United States
Joined Sep 2001
19,187 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by Wasi28
Thanks Boomer!! (or I should say...thanks to you...lol)
Any thoughts about the ESC-300 on the 350 Motor running 9.6v/9.3A?? (see above)

Wasi
You will probably be OK however I have gone to the 400 esc on all my 300C and 350 motors as I like the odds better on the 15/25 amp rating.
boomer
boomerace is offline Find More Posts by boomerace
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 26, 2003, 05:47 AM
John 3:16
Daddy-O's Avatar
Dom. Rep.
Joined May 2003
3,825 Posts
Wasi,
Sounds like you had a great time out at the field. I really wanted to go out yesterday, but I was working when there was no wind and was free when the wind was blowing strong enough that you had better not spit into it, if you know what I mean. Great flight report! Keep it up!
Daddy-O
Daddy-O is offline Find More Posts by Daddy-O
Old Oct 26, 2003, 07:21 AM
The figure "9" Specialist
aeronca's Avatar
A Barrier Island in New Jersey, USA
Joined Oct 2003
3,500 Posts
SS Batteries?????

HELP!!

I'm a newbie and am building my first SS now. Will the GWS NiCd 7.2 V/600 mAh (AA) battery be a good or acceptable choice for the SS? I only ask because I have a couple and all the battery talk I'm reading is very confusing to me at this point. I'll get there, but until I do, will the GWS batteries I mentioned work OK?

By the way, reading through this thread is like a post graduate course in the SS!! A VERY great help!!

Aeronca
aeronca is online now Find More Posts by aeronca
Old Oct 26, 2003, 10:55 AM
Been There! Done That!
boomerace's Avatar
Eugene, Oregon, United States
Joined Sep 2001
19,187 Posts
Re: SS Batteries?????

Quote:
Originally posted by aeronca
HELP!!

I'm a newbie and am building my first SS now. Will the GWS NiCd 7.2 V/600 mAh (AA) battery be a good or acceptable choice for the SS? I only ask because I have a couple and all the battery talk I'm reading is very confusing to me at this point. I'll get there, but until I do, will the GWS batteries I mentioned work OK?

By the way, reading through this thread is like a post graduate course in the SS!! A VERY great help!!

Aeronca
It will fly the plane but not near as well as a 7 cell KAN pack.
boomer
boomerace is offline Find More Posts by boomerace
Old Oct 26, 2003, 12:15 PM
Registered User
Wasi28's Avatar
United States, PA, Pittsburgh
Joined Sep 2003
271 Posts
Hey Daddy-O...know exactly how that is, I hope the weather cooperates with you soon!! It's going to be bad here for a while now, plus I'm out of town for the next week...so that was my last opportunity for the next 2 weeks...

Aeronca....if you have a chance, look at the page before this...I just covered 4 diff. batts, including the one you just asked about.
All of the batts I used "works" with the stock 300c-d SS.

Have fun!!

Wasi
Wasi28 is offline Find More Posts by Wasi28
Old Oct 26, 2003, 12:35 PM
The figure "9" Specialist
aeronca's Avatar
A Barrier Island in New Jersey, USA
Joined Oct 2003
3,500 Posts
Thanks Boomer! Do you have any URL sources for the 7-cell KAN? Is that a brand, a type of battery, or a style? Are they NiCd, NiMh, Lipo, or something else?

WASI - I don't know how I missed your post on the batteries! Thanks for the re-direct to it - much appreciated! At least the info from you and Boomer indicates I'll at least be able to fly it initially, but will obviously want to hunt down a "KAN" or something else to give a little more punch and flight time.

This is all so confusing to me at the moment - I must pick up on my learning curve!

Thanks to you both for the feedback...

Aeronca
aeronca is online now Find More Posts by aeronca
Old Oct 26, 2003, 12:38 PM
John 3:16
Daddy-O's Avatar
Dom. Rep.
Joined May 2003
3,825 Posts
I get to go out tomorrow morning! I am just going to take it easy and run through, hopefully, 4 battery packs with no glitches. I am planning on hooking up the buddy box and letting everyone in the family have a turn at it also. Their equipment is coming on the next mail plane and they are all very excited. Now I just need to find something, besides running around, that the youngest two (3 and 5) can do while the rest of us are flying. Maybe some FFF homemade planes that they can play with. Any suggestions?
Daddy-O
Daddy-O is offline Find More Posts by Daddy-O
Old Oct 26, 2003, 12:46 PM
John 3:16
Daddy-O's Avatar
Dom. Rep.
Joined May 2003
3,825 Posts
Aeronca,
Make a list of all of the suggestions. Put it all down on one sheet of paper. It is easier to sort through that way. I get the same way sometimes, but I try to keep a file of each plane I am interested in and all of the possible setups. Find the people that are the most knowledgable about that particular plane. Listen to their advice, weigh it out with the other information you have gathered and go for it. That's what I did and I love my SS. The only problems I have had are the ones where I decided to try something even though I read something warning against it.
Daddy-O
Daddy-O is offline Find More Posts by Daddy-O
Old Oct 26, 2003, 12:59 PM
The figure "9" Specialist
aeronca's Avatar
A Barrier Island in New Jersey, USA
Joined Oct 2003
3,500 Posts
Thanks for the great advice Daddy-O! I've been following your travails in this thread and you've made me realize how lucky we are here in the "States" for access to the products. It's also been interesting to vicariously follow your progress from where I figure I am now to where you are now. GOOD LUCK TOMORROW MORNING!!!

Since I've just recently found this site, I've been "time travelling" from page 1 to here very rapidly and the info has been a little overwhelming. Your suggestion is a sound one and I've started my list!

Aeronca
aeronca is online now Find More Posts by aeronca
Old Oct 26, 2003, 02:51 PM
Been There! Done That!
boomerace's Avatar
Eugene, Oregon, United States
Joined Sep 2001
19,187 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by aeronca
Thanks Boomer! Do you have any URL sources for the 7-cell KAN? Is that a brand, a type of battery, or a style? Are they NiCd, NiMh, Lipo, or something else?

WASI - I don't know how I missed your post on the batteries! Thanks for the re-direct to it - much appreciated! At least the info from you and Boomer indicates I'll at least be able to fly it initially, but will obviously want to hunt down a "KAN" or something else to give a little more punch and flight time.

This is all so confusing to me at the moment - I must pick up on my learning curve!

Thanks to you both for the feedback...

Aeronca
For the KANs try www.cheapbatterypacks.com for the best prices.
Get the 7 cell packs. They are NiMH and your SS wil love them!
boomer
boomerace is offline Find More Posts by boomerace
Old Oct 26, 2003, 03:07 PM
If it floats....sail it!
FoamCrusher's Avatar
Elk Grove, CA
Joined Sep 2002
4,188 Posts
Re: Re: SS Batteries?????

Quote:
Originally posted by boomerace
It will fly the plane but not near as well as a 7 cell KAN pack.
boomer

For the KAN cells, try www.cheapbatterypacks.com

7 cells work very well, 8 cells GO (but with reduced motor life)

FoamCrusher
FoamCrusher is offline Find More Posts by FoamCrusher
Old Oct 26, 2003, 03:33 PM
Where's the CA?
Mindblade's Avatar
Long Island, NY
Joined Sep 2003
727 Posts
And with LiPolys your neck will snap before the plane needs to land.
Mindblade is offline Find More Posts by Mindblade
Old Oct 26, 2003, 03:47 PM
John 3:16
Daddy-O's Avatar
Dom. Rep.
Joined May 2003
3,825 Posts
Mindblade,
Which motor / battery combo are you referring to?
Daddy-O
Daddy-O is offline Find More Posts by Daddy-O
Old Oct 26, 2003, 04:15 PM
Been There! Done That!
boomerace's Avatar
Eugene, Oregon, United States
Joined Sep 2001
19,187 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by Daddy-O
I get to go out tomorrow morning! I am just going to take it easy and run through, hopefully, 4 battery packs with no glitches. I am planning on hooking up the buddy box and letting everyone in the family have a turn at it also. Their equipment is coming on the next mail plane and they are all very excited. Now I just need to find something, besides running around, that the youngest two (3 and 5) can do while the rest of us are flying. Maybe some FFF homemade planes that they can play with. Any suggestions?
Daddy-O
Daddy-O they would have fun with these and even if they destroy the things it's no big deal! Actually they fly well.
http://scientificsonline.com/product...OGLE&EID=G0040
It makes them part of the action.
I also like these
http://www.iwatoyco.com/default.asp#15
or these are soft foam
http://www.pufferbellytoys.com/pbt/H...tail/Item/3171
boomer
boomerace is offline Find More Posts by boomerace
Old Oct 26, 2003, 04:16 PM
Where's the CA?
Mindblade's Avatar
Long Island, NY
Joined Sep 2003
727 Posts
Stock Motor, Etec 1200 2s1ps.
Mindblade is offline Find More Posts by Mindblade
Closed Thread


Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
The Ultimate Slow Stick Help Thread - Part 6 Ron H Beginner Training Area (Aircraft-Electric) 544 Feb 16, 2005 10:59 AM
The Ultimate Slow Stick Help Thread - Part 5 boomerace Beginner Training Area (Aircraft-Electric) 793 Sep 13, 2004 09:01 AM
The Ultimate Slow Stick Help Thread - Part 4 Martin Hunter Beginner Training Area (Aircraft-Electric) 824 May 31, 2004 02:00 AM
The Ultimate Slow Stick Help Thread - Part 3 Martin Hunter Beginner Training Area (Aircraft-Electric) 639 Apr 11, 2004 12:17 PM
The Ultimate Slow Stick Help Thread - Part 2 Martin Hunter Beginner Training Area (Aircraft-Electric) 565 Feb 17, 2004 11:35 AM