HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Apr 19, 2010, 10:57 AM
Raleigh, NC
Joined Apr 2007
4,797 Posts
I agree with kb.

Along with my 3 channel 'toys' I have a Revell Proto CX 4 channel which is a rebranded Nine Eagles Solo. Since I fly all of my planes in 3 channel configuration I find the Proto is just not as much fun to fly as the 'toys' that have the same 3 channel configuration as my planes. When I fly the Proto I have to concentrate too much on coordinating my left thumb/fingers between rotor speed and yaw, which I don't have to do on the 'toys'.

So, for now, I'm just going to stay with 3 channel aircraft and let you more experienced or adventurous guys play with the 4 channel ones.

Bill
Sir Raleigh is offline Find More Posts by Sir Raleigh
to remove ads between posts
Old Apr 19, 2010, 11:59 AM
I'm FAMOUS
Joined Mar 2010
5,108 Posts
(post edited)

This thread is an example of "Roach Baiting" at work.
This product is not a good buy.
killbucket is offline Find More Posts by killbucket
Last edited by killbucket; Jul 14, 2010 at 11:16 AM. Reason: (post edited)
Old Apr 19, 2010, 01:18 PM
Master Chief
Joined Sep 2006
2,279 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by PicooMan View Post
I like that 4ch are going IR and becoming relatively cheaper.

so basically in regards to 4ch IR helis we got:
-this ebay heli, anybody got the name? the 4ch ebay heli? 4CEH

-the Free Bird, I remember reading negative posts about it and not being recommended.

-the NE Bravo I, not released yet.
Hi
Oooh i like this new ir 4 channel heli
BTW I have 2 freebirds and think they fine little helis
Do enjoy
Free Bird Flight 003.MOV (2 min 4 sec)

http://www.rchangout.com/forums/showthread.php?t=22989
Take care
Hank
shin is offline Find More Posts by shin
Old Apr 19, 2010, 02:57 PM
North East England
Joined Feb 2004
3,181 Posts
I'll probably buy a 4 ch micro just for the 'play' value but I must admit 3ch is perfectly good for my needs.

I never actually think about wanting to go sideways - probably because as a mainly fixed-wing flyer sideways flying isn't an option anyway (unless a wing comes off). Like Bill, most of my planes are 3ch so the skillset of 'throttle on left stick, rudder/elevator on right' translates perfectly to 3ch helis.
Redbaron25 is offline Find More Posts by Redbaron25
Old Apr 19, 2010, 06:54 PM
Montreal, Québec, Canada
Joined Apr 2010
1,471 Posts
Ahaha look at this:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/4-CH-METAL-FRA...item45f24455c8

At the end in Q&A

Quote:
Q: Hi. What manufacturer are they ? ie Syma etc
A: it's of good quality thanks
Ceros007 is offline Find More Posts by Ceros007
Old Apr 19, 2010, 07:31 PM
Guitar Player
Auburn, California
Joined Mar 2010
711 Posts
I have to admit that the pricing on these is pretty attractive just as a trainer! My Lama 2-1Q was about $130 landed with a good 2.1 Ghz TX, but it is pretty fragile. If something like this would make me a better 4 channel flyer I would be all over it. So, when is someone going to buy this and put up a review so I don't have to be the first?
Russbrigham is offline Find More Posts by Russbrigham
Old Apr 19, 2010, 07:41 PM
Master Chief
Joined Sep 2006
2,279 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Russbrigham View Post
I have to admit that the pricing on these is pretty attractive just as a trainer! My Lama 2-1Q was about $130 landed with a good 2.1 Ghz TX, but it is pretty fragile. If something like this would make me a better 4 channel flyer I would be all over it. So, when is someone going to buy this and put up a review so I don't have to be the first?
Hi Russ
I allready spent my monthly allowance on a Blade SR and a Nine Eagles Solo pro II
This one is at the top of next months list
Along with an Esky Nano and a Megatech House fly
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1230524
http://www.megatech.com/product_deta...ft.php?ID=9521
Take care
Hank
Old Apr 19, 2010, 07:43 PM
Montreal, Québec, Canada
Joined Apr 2010
1,471 Posts
Quote:
Killbucket bought one.
Ceros007 is offline Find More Posts by Ceros007
Old Apr 19, 2010, 07:47 PM
Guitar Player
Auburn, California
Joined Mar 2010
711 Posts
Hey Hank, the housefly does not say anything about a gyro though. And I got to tell you those integrated chargers are painful on the battery budget. But I wish I had the budget to by one of everything lol. Now I seem to spending my budget on replacement parts for my 400D. That bigger they are the bigger they fall is so true. But again practicing with a little cheap 4 channel would do my skills a world of good. I have a simulator but that is not very fun! Now these guys look like fun seat of the pants training!
Old Apr 19, 2010, 07:52 PM
Master Chief
Joined Sep 2006
2,279 Posts
Quote:
Hey Hank, the housefly does not say anything about a gyro though. And I got to tell you those integrated chargers are painful on the battery budget. But I wish I had the budget to by one of everything lol. Now I seem to spending my budget on replacement parts for my 400D. That bigger they are the bigger they fall is so true. But again practicing with a little cheap 4 channel would do my skills a world of good. I have a simulator but that is not very fun! Now these guys look like fun seat of the pants training!
Hi Russ
The Housefly is a rebadged Nine eagles solo/ free spirit/ Revell Proto CX/Evo flight Mini Stinger so it does have a gyro
I have a Proto Cx,( wonderful little 4 channel heli btw) and wanted another so i will try this one out
Ive been using rechargable Enegizer NiMh and lithium AA,s in my tx/chargers and they have been working just fine
BTW im thinkin off adding a 400D to my hanger, what are your thoughts on them
Take care
Hank
Old Apr 19, 2010, 08:07 PM
Guitar Player
Auburn, California
Joined Mar 2010
711 Posts
Well this picture says it all... I think I will give a shot at the rechargables. Pretty intresting to see these low cost 4 channels. That or a firebird will be my next additions to the addiction! I really like the 400D. They are just an imprssive piece of machinery. With that said they are great but due to their size are more fragile than the little guys. I have gone through a set of blades a few strut supports and a set of landing gear. Total cost about $20. I am still not very good at 4 channel and the outdoors have not been friendly due to wind. But I think I am going to turn up the receiver and get a little more forward out of it. It is actually easier to do the 400D than my other indoor 4 channel (no expensive guitars in the way and.... NO I will not put them away honey....oh sorry got lost in my little world lol). For me after reading a ton of threads it came down to that or a Big Lama. While the big lama is available in brushless and the base model is cheaper I just could not miss the chance of having that big red 400D sitting next to my other red 3 channels. Can't wait for calmer weather to let the big bird go~!
Old Apr 19, 2010, 09:50 PM
I'm FAMOUS
Joined Mar 2010
5,108 Posts
(post edited)

Last edited by killbucket; Jul 14, 2010 at 11:16 AM.
Old Apr 19, 2010, 10:49 PM
Guitar Player
Auburn, California
Joined Mar 2010
711 Posts
What is beautiful?
Old Apr 19, 2010, 11:29 PM
I'm FAMOUS
Joined Mar 2010
5,108 Posts
(post edited)

Last edited by killbucket; Jul 14, 2010 at 11:16 AM. Reason: (post edited)
Old Apr 20, 2010, 12:11 AM
Guitar Player
Auburn, California
Joined Mar 2010
711 Posts
Yeah but the skills are tough! Wish I could just fly it indoors but that damned 4th channel! But the eye candy!