HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old May 01, 2010, 01:22 PM
Z24
Tamiya For A Me A
Canada, ON, Strathroy
Joined Feb 2010
286 Posts
I think planemodel55 is also the same seller...they are "selling"..
http://cgi.ebay.ca/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?...=STRK:MEWAX:IT
Z24 is offline Find More Posts by Z24
to remove ads between posts
Old May 01, 2010, 01:27 PM
I'm FAMOUS
Joined Mar 2010
5,108 Posts
This thread is an example of "Roach Baiting" at work.
This product is not a good buy.
Yes, I got ripped off TWICE in this SCAM!!!!!!!
killbucket is offline Find More Posts by killbucket
Last edited by killbucket; Jul 14, 2010 at 10:21 AM.
Old May 01, 2010, 01:31 PM
Master Chief
Joined Sep 2006
2,279 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by killbucket View Post
click: "Report Item"
Fraudulent listing suspected.

Please link that into this thread:
"Then, we'll make the bugger's eyes water"
Hi
Woah guys
Ive ordered from this seller a few time before and had no problems
Lets not start accusing others without proof
Take care
Hank
shin is offline Find More Posts by shin
Old May 01, 2010, 01:31 PM
Z24
Tamiya For A Me A
Canada, ON, Strathroy
Joined Feb 2010
286 Posts
So that copter is pretty much fake then?
Z24 is offline Find More Posts by Z24
Old May 01, 2010, 01:53 PM
Fly Runaway Fans
United States, TX, Fort Worth
Joined Jan 2009
9,375 Posts
That's just it, Hank. We've spent the better part of this week going from suspicions about certain ebay vendors to wraparound proof that they are deliberately conducting fraud. Maybe not on ALL items they offer, but if they're willing to do it on CERTAIN items they're willing at any point to do it on ANY item.
arbilab is offline Find More Posts by arbilab
Old May 01, 2010, 02:00 PM
Master Chief
Joined Sep 2006
2,279 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by arbilab View Post
That's just it, Hank. We've spent the better part of this week going from suspicions about certain ebay vendors to wraparound proof that they are deliberately conducting fraud. Maybe not on ALL items they offer, but if they're willing to do it on CERTAIN items they're willing at any point to do it on ANY item.
Hi
But has any one actually tried to buy this specific heli from this seller yet?
And if so has it turned out bad
Just because he has the same photo as the others until he doesnt make good on a purchase i dont see how we can judge him
I havent bought any copters from Planemodel 55 but i have bought spare parts and battery packs and all were as listed and were delivered fairly quickly
Take care
Hank
shin is offline Find More Posts by shin
Old May 01, 2010, 02:10 PM
Florida
Joined Apr 2010
49 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by killbucket View Post
I sure know it would with AMEX.
Definitely will with them

Quote:
Originally Posted by maca02370 View Post
That definitely sounds like the best solution so far. Would that work the same for a debit card used on PAYPAL?
Debit card offer various levels of protection depending on the issuer but unfortunately most are very much like using cash. Check with your bank, maybe they'll be able to help. If not you will have to go through the dreaded and dreadful Paypal claim system which is very much in favor of the seller and designed to wear you out before you complete the process.

Credit cards are a different story because regardless of the issuer the consumer laws they follow offers the best protection of any means of payment. Using a credit card through Paypal is the best/safest way to pay for an item on eBay. Like that you do not have to give the seller your CC info and you are protected by the US CC consumer laws which are by (very) far the best in the world.

I have done quite a bit of buying and selling on eBay and although most people are honest you will come accross a scoundrel about 1 in 100 transactions (be it a seller knowingly misrepresenting an item or a buyer trying to extort something from you). I always pay using a CC through Paypal and keep my Paypal balance at zero so they don't use the Paypal balance to pay for my purchases. As one would guess, I started doing this after a major purchase gone wrong... I was lucky I paid with a CC that time otherwise I would have been out of... $3500 (!)
LeMans is offline Find More Posts by LeMans
Last edited by LeMans; May 01, 2010 at 02:23 PM.
Old May 01, 2010, 02:26 PM
I'm FAMOUS
Joined Mar 2010
5,108 Posts
Last edited by killbucket; Jul 14, 2010 at 10:21 AM. Reason: (post edited)
Old May 01, 2010, 06:26 PM
Spain
Joined Jan 2010
457 Posts
Just to know

So,
the 4 ch micro heli of the photo, finally,exist?
Doblao
Doblao is offline Find More Posts by Doblao
Old May 01, 2010, 06:50 PM
Green Bay,WI
Joined Jan 2010
19 Posts
Quote:
So,
the 4 ch micro heli of the photo, finally,exist?
Doblao
I think this is the same one.
http://www.alibaba.com/product-gs/28...pter_with.html
cc993 is offline Find More Posts by cc993
Old May 01, 2010, 07:08 PM
Spain
Joined Jan 2010
457 Posts
And

Is there any way to know size, specs, price, and where to buy single units?
thx,

Doblao
Doblao is offline Find More Posts by Doblao
Old May 01, 2010, 08:36 PM
I'm FAMOUS
Joined Mar 2010
5,108 Posts
Last edited by killbucket; Jul 14, 2010 at 10:21 AM. Reason: (post edited)
Old May 01, 2010, 09:39 PM
cape cod
Joined Apr 2010
40 Posts
I wish I wasn't such a broke ass or I'd buy a case or whatever minimum amount u have to buy from www.alibaba.com for the helis and sell them myself. I was starting to think this heli didn't even exsist. And now, we find the manufacturer of them and still can't even buy one from them. Also for a little extra kick in the junk, it says there are 4 different colors. What the hell is wrong with some of these sellers. Well, at least now we know that they are really out there, and maybe by way of a miracle, one of us will actually get the helicopter we ordered.
maca02370 is offline Find More Posts by maca02370
Old May 01, 2010, 09:57 PM
cape cod
Joined Apr 2010
40 Posts
I found a lot more info on this heli:

http://www.alibaba.com/product-gs/28...copter_C1.html

Look towards the bottom. It says it's similar to Lama 2. It sounds like you could get 12 of them for $21.50-23.00 a piece, if the minimum of 12 sets means 12 helis.
maca02370 is offline Find More Posts by maca02370
Old May 01, 2010, 09:59 PM
Fly Runaway Fans
United States, TX, Fort Worth
Joined Jan 2009
9,375 Posts
Just this afternoon I was talking with my brother about buying (whatever minimum lots) directly from the manufacturer and reselling them. Selected ones only, thoroughly vetted. He's in a position to finance it, were it practical. But we concluded it wasn't.

*The minimums are between 60 and 1000. The 60s apply to the most expensive platforms, which move the slowest. The median is in the neighborhood of 500.

*With the thousands of ebay resellers--irrespective of how bogus many of them are--a single offering couldn't be counted upon to sell 500 units.

*These could readily be made to appeal to local hobby shops. For example, a $12 product will sell for $40 at a walk-in retailer. While they trend toward larger percentages on more expensive products, they could sell proportionally more $40 ones. IOW, sell one B400 a month or sell 4 107s a week. A LOT more people are willing to drop $40 than are willing to drop $400.

*The big bottleneck is that LHSs don't have a distributor network other than the established, expensive brands (Horizon, etc.) they already subscribe to. So you'd have to pitch the product to the stores individually, an enormous expense and exhaustive logistic. Maybe if I were younger......
arbilab is offline Find More Posts by arbilab