HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jun 02, 2010, 09:43 PM
Brushless
Joined Mar 2009
2,065 Posts
Adroc3905 ks correct in all his statements. I will be watching how Gaui handles these problems but I have great confidence that they will make it right if problems are found. So far I haven't had any problems with my 330x with about 12 packs through it. I finaly took my tricopter out today after sitting for about 2 weeks. Hope the Gps function arrives soon

Mike
cdi3d is online now Find More Posts by cdi3d
to remove ads between posts
Old Jun 02, 2010, 10:06 PM
Static Model Collector LOL
Katy, TX
Joined Dec 2009
1,448 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adroc3905 View Post
Gentlemen, don’t forget, we are the first ones to own these so it is not uncommon for bugs to occur. I truly feel a 5A esc is too small for the advertised payload and some owners have now proven this. As with 90% of the RC aircraft on the market today, the 330x will evolve and become better with time and consumer testing. This is the first batch and first attempt by Gaui to mass produce a quad for a decent price. Deriving expectations from videos and biased distributor threads are not the most reliable methods. Its owners like us that potential consumers can read and learn from. Face it, we are the guinea pigs.
Nicely Put +1
FLAME747 is offline Find More Posts by FLAME747
Old Jun 03, 2010, 04:28 AM
Canada, NS, Halifax
Joined Feb 2010
7,096 Posts
Hopefully this will be fixed soon. Was considering getting a 330X but as it stands now perhaps I'll wait for version 2 as there seem to be a number of issues popping up
flitelab is offline Find More Posts by flitelab
Site Sponsor
Old Jun 03, 2010, 07:40 AM
Planet Jupiter
Joined Jan 2005
1,746 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adroc3905 View Post
Sounds like the GU-344 gain may be too low. You should adjust gain starting at 90 degrees from zero (per the manual). Chances are this initial setting will be too much and the quad will wobble at hover like mad. Slowly and with tiny increments decrease the gain potentiometer on the GU-344 (if you are not using the green gain wire on your rx) until the wobble is gone. For the most stability your gain should be at the max point just before it wobbles. This will then create a flight characteristic of the qaud wanting to center after stick inputs are centered. Pilots who desire a more aggressive flight and less “pendulum effect” can decrease the gain even lower. As mentioned before the quad must also have a balance with regards to the center-of-gravity being dead center. This also applies to any additional payload. If weight is heavier on one side then simply use your tx trim setting to offset the quads tendency to drift in that particular direction. Same concept as with helis. A $350 qaud will not self-level. Maybe once the GPS feature is available the unit will have such ability.

Gentlemen, don’t forget, we are the first ones to own these so it is not uncommon for bugs to occur. I truly feel a 5A esc is too small for the advertised payload and some owners have now proven this. As with 90% of the RC aircraft on the market today, the 330x will evolve and become better with time and consumer testing. This is the first batch and first attempt by Gaui to mass produce a quad for a decent price. Deriving expectations from videos and biased distributor threads are not the most reliable methods. Its owners like us that potential consumers can read and learn from. Face it, we are the guinea pigs.

Yeah, I'm kinda kicking myself because I'm the type that likes to wait for V2 and V3s, but the videos and what people were saying about this thing was to convincing After being out $400 with extra props and shipping it is a bugger for how the ESC stopped working and the way it flies. I wouldn't trust this thing hauling my HD video camera which is what I bought it to do If I keep looking at the negatives I get more mad about it but the positives I'm looking at is that it does fly and is neat to fly, it's not as stable and as easy to fly as I thought it would be, but it is controllable, and I'm probably gonna be building a bigger frame hoping it won't be so sensitive to pitch changes and be a bit more versatile to haul my HD camera.
bamm is offline Find More Posts by bamm
Old Jun 03, 2010, 09:20 AM
Joined Mar 2010
31 Posts
Positive side: I can confirm 20 min. flight time with all my 2200mAh 3S LiPos. I have to try my 4000mAh 3S on that. will post the results.
Bluesmell is offline Find More Posts by Bluesmell
Old Jun 03, 2010, 09:29 AM
Naza, Rabbit, FF, MWC, FY
Saint-Petersburg Russia
Joined Jun 2008
186 Posts
Bluesmell,
plz describe the manner of your flight during that 20 min.... Just a hovering?
RCWingFlyer is offline Find More Posts by RCWingFlyer
Old Jun 03, 2010, 09:38 AM
United States, NY, Rochester
Joined Sep 2008
7,107 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluesmell View Post
Positive side: I can confirm 20 min. flight time with all my 2200mAh 3S LiPos. I have to try my 4000mAh 3S on that. will post the results.
I would not do that. I say 20 mins is max you will wan to run the ESC's or you might fry them. I can confirm that I have about 50 trouble free flights on mine and will not hesitate to put an FPV setup on my 2nd unit I just bought. I am gonna use 1 for sport flying and night flying and 1 for FPV only. BTW I noticed that Gaui says they broke records for preorders on the 330X and X5. I will be flying my X5 for the 1st time Sat. My builder says its a powerhouse.
Z06 Tony is offline Find More Posts by Z06 Tony
Site Sponsor
Old Jun 03, 2010, 10:40 AM
Joined Dec 2009
1,472 Posts
HobbyKing delays!

Quote:
Originally Posted by team222badbrad View Post
Don't get your hopes up...

Last order I placed on the 20th of May and it arrived on the 29th. They will probably give you a tracking number like they did with mine, but won't actually ship it within 24 hours as their false statement says.

EDIT: I hope you chose EMS shipping too...
HobbyKing sux badly currently. I ordered lipos and stuff (all in stock) via EMS one week ago and they got "shipped" a few days later, but it seems they are still in Hong Kong. Here is what HK says to the current delays:

"Hong Kong International Airport is conducting extra screening and creating delays on all orders with large batteries.
Large Lipoly battery equal or above 2200mAh would be a key target for the next 14 days.

In some cases these parcels may be delayed at the airport for up to 4-7 days.
EMS/Air Parcel tracking will not show during this period.
Sorry for the inconvenience caused."

Of course I had lots of 2200mAh and 5000mAh in my order.
"Extra screening" for what ?!?!

M.
~>Miha<~ is offline Find More Posts by ~>Miha<~
Old Jun 03, 2010, 11:23 AM
Romania
Joined Nov 2007
197 Posts
My 330X Quad from Gaui

Gaui X330 (3 min 51 sec)
Laur 73 is offline Find More Posts by Laur 73
Old Jun 03, 2010, 11:38 AM
Romania
Joined Nov 2007
197 Posts
After several modifications is in preparation for aerial filming.

movie from Gaui 330X (1 min 7 sec)
Laur 73 is offline Find More Posts by Laur 73
Old Jun 03, 2010, 11:59 AM
Joined Jul 2006
241 Posts
Guys,

We are speaking to the factory to see if we can find out what's going on. It is simply too early to reach a conclusion and cannot provide the answer as of right now.

As the exclusive North American importer for Gaui, Empire Hobby has alsways stood behind every Gaui product and all of our Gaui dealers for 3 years now.

If you are having issues with ANY Gaui product, your first point of contact is your selling dealer. If you have purchased from a US or North American dealer, you will be well taken care of by both your selling dealer and Empire Hobby, you have my word on that. If your selling dealer is unavailable for some reason, please feel free to contact me directly.

Thanks and I will post as soon as I have more information.

Jack
Empire Hobby is offline Find More Posts by Empire Hobby
Old Jun 03, 2010, 12:25 PM
Static Model Collector LOL
Katy, TX
Joined Dec 2009
1,448 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ~>Miha<~ View Post
HobbyKing sux badly currently. I ordered lipos and stuff (all in stock) via EMS one week ago and they got "shipped" a few days later, but it seems they are still in Hong Kong. Here is what HK says to the current delays:

"Hong Kong International Airport is conducting extra screening and creating delays on all orders with large batteries.
Large Lipoly battery equal or above 2200mAh would be a key target for the next 14 days.

In some cases these parcels may be delayed at the airport for up to 4-7 days.
EMS/Air Parcel tracking will not show during this period.
Sorry for the inconvenience caused."

Of course I had lots of 2200mAh and 5000mAh in my order.
"Extra screening" for what ?!?!

M.
Great - My order is still showing as processing, and I ordered several 2200 & a 5000mah pack.

OK guys - tell me whats the advantage to using an ESC with a higher Amp rating, I already ordered the 12 amp turnigy from Hobby-King.

But won't these be better: http://www.flying-hobby.com/shop/ind...oducts_id=3948

and best of all looks - like it already has all the connectors - Plug and play.

Thanks,

FCA

PS: Just checked on my order from Infinity-Hobby - the Aero spy kit arrived @ Los Angeles on 06/01/10 - Still waiting to be released from customs.
FLAME747 is offline Find More Posts by FLAME747
Old Jun 03, 2010, 02:10 PM
Joined Mar 2010
31 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by RCWingFlyer View Post
Bluesmell,
plz describe the manner of your flight during that 20 min.... Just a hovering?
Mostly hovering (filming with onboard camera)
Bluesmell is offline Find More Posts by Bluesmell
Old Jun 03, 2010, 03:10 PM
Joined May 2010
20 Posts
Hi LAUR 73. What type of lightweight balls are you using on the ends & what did you use for the extension bars? Did you just use ty-wraps to connect the ring to the extension bars?

Thanks.
Nutzzz is offline Find More Posts by Nutzzz
Old Jun 03, 2010, 05:08 PM
norway
Joined Oct 2009
1,133 Posts
hello. is it ok to use 11.1v on the gaui 330?

Cheers
fpv-tor is offline Find More Posts by fpv-tor