SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Sep 02, 2010, 05:48 PM
Forever WTTM Pilot #7
Daytona Beach, Florida, United States
Joined Aug 2002
11,955 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by skypup View Post
I just calculated that the 4 props on the 330x have a combined area of 200 square inches versus 598 square inches for a trex 450 heli. Seems funny that we can lift so much with such small area. Any theories?
Weight is much less on the Guai.. and you have 4 motors ripping holes in the air at an incredible rpm. Power to weight. Head speed on a Trex is about what, 1300 rpm? Prop speed on the Scorpion motors is a lot higher with a much higher pitched prop.
Buzz is offline Find More Posts by Buzz
to remove ads between posts
Old Sep 02, 2010, 05:49 PM
Carbon addict...
Sweden
Joined Jun 2005
76 Posts
FPV search

Tahoe Ed: A while ago i lost my quad in a large field and couldnt find it, then my friend took up his heli with fpv gear, it took less than a minute to find it from the air when serching with his fpv gear...

My other friend recently lost his MK quad fully equiped with fpv, osd and go pro..

This video is an attempt to find his quad from the air using my 330x-s shoot this weekend, when filming its easy to scan thru and pause the video looking for objekts that could be the quad... And i had no interference from the powerlines what so ever, feldt really nice but was very nervous when starting...

quad search.MP4 (4 min 54 sec)
studd is offline Find More Posts by studd
Old Sep 02, 2010, 06:02 PM
san antonio, texas
Joined Mar 2002
1,967 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buzz View Post
Weight is much less on the Guai.. and you have 4 motors ripping holes in the air at an incredible rpm. Power to weight. Head speed on a Trex is about what, 1300 rpm? Prop speed on the Scorpion motors is a lot higher with a much higher pitched prop.
I was thinking that way. It would be interesting to know thrust vs thrust.
skypup is offline Find More Posts by skypup
Old Sep 02, 2010, 06:10 PM
san antonio, texas
Joined Mar 2002
1,967 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by studd View Post
Tahoe Ed: A while ago i lost my quad in a large field and couldnt find it, then my friend took up his heli with fpv gear, it took less than a minute to find it from the air when serching with his fpv gear...

My other friend recently lost his MK quad fully equiped with fpv, osd and go pro..

This video is an attempt to find his quad from the air using my 330x-s shoot this weekend, when filming its easy to scan thru and pause the video looking for objekts that could be the quad... And i had no interference from the powerlines what so ever, feldt really nice but was very nervous when starting...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=orwTKCYZojw

Wow.....that's a greaaaaaaattttt video! Sure would like to know what gear you're using?
Old Sep 02, 2010, 06:26 PM
DJI Support
Las Vegas/Lake Tahoe
Joined Feb 2010
10,221 Posts
Studd do you want to come and help me find my quad? Just kidding. That was very nice flying and a great landing. Were you getting your video feed from the camera mounted on the top or did you have a second FPV camera? I had a FPV camera mounted low on a pan/tilt mount. If I would have grabbed the video glasses there is a possibility that I might have been able to guide my quad back to me. The person that had them on got a great ride until the end! I can understand your feeling nervous. You were up there! I will be back flying in a week and I will use my new Quad to find my old Quad. Thanks for the video and the encouragement. Did you find your friends MK?
Tahoe Ed is online now Find More Posts by Tahoe Ed
Site Sponsor
Latest blog entry: Landing Gear Reset S800
Old Sep 02, 2010, 07:22 PM
Forever WTTM Pilot #7
Daytona Beach, Florida, United States
Joined Aug 2002
11,955 Posts
Quote:
I was thinking that way. It would be interesting to know thrust vs thrust.
I think the helicopter would lose that one.
Buzz is offline Find More Posts by Buzz
Old Sep 02, 2010, 08:41 PM
san antonio, texas
Joined Mar 2002
1,967 Posts
Studd

Is your APV system legal in the USA? Can it be bought in the USA?
Old Sep 02, 2010, 09:07 PM
'FPV'er...not a "LOS'er
Las Vegas, NV
Joined Sep 2003
18,458 Posts
Quote:
Guys

Got my 330x going with the FY 20A stabilizer system today and all I can say is wow. Hard pitch or roll maneuvers and she pops right back to upright and level. Don't go home without one. Happy camper.
Good to hear. I have a package waiting for me at the post office. I'm hoping it's my FY-20A. I have to wait until after work tomorrow to find out though.
Vantasstic is offline Find More Posts by Vantasstic
RCG Plus Member
Old Sep 02, 2010, 09:22 PM
LOAD "FLIP-FPV",8,1
Joined Sep 2006
3,942 Posts
Quote:
Man, I don't think you could spot it from that altitude. Even the cattle (?) look like white dots in that field!
vic20owner is online now Find More Posts by vic20owner
Old Sep 02, 2010, 10:33 PM
san antonio, texas
Joined Mar 2002
1,967 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vantasstic View Post
Good to hear. I have a package waiting for me at the post office. I'm hoping it's my FY-20A. I have to wait until after work tomorrow to find out though.
Can't wait to hear what you think. Sure is neat.
Old Sep 02, 2010, 10:38 PM
United States, OR, Bandon
Joined Apr 2007
334 Posts
Quote:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=orwTKCYZojw
Great video, show us your set up. Thanks
Trackercal is offline Find More Posts by Trackercal
Old Sep 02, 2010, 10:39 PM
United States, OR, Bandon
Joined Apr 2007
334 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greasetattoo View Post
You guys using 72mghz,
how do you mount your antenna?

thanks...

Still trying to hover...
Works great sometimes and sometimes has a mind of its own!
Ran my Rx wire around frame of Quad, out most holes.
Trackercal is offline Find More Posts by Trackercal
Old Sep 03, 2010, 12:47 AM
Carbon addict...
Sweden
Joined Jun 2005
76 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tahoe Ed View Post
Studd do you want to come and help me find my quad? Just kidding. That was very nice flying and a great landing. Were you getting your video feed from the camera mounted on the top or did you have a second FPV camera? I had a FPV camera mounted low on a pan/tilt mount. If I would have grabbed the video glasses there is a possibility that I might have been able to guide my quad back to me. The person that had them on got a great ride until the end! I can understand your feeling nervous. You were up there! I will be back flying in a week and I will use my new Quad to find my old Quad. Thanks for the video and the encouragement. Did you find your friends MK?
I have my go pro just taped to the top cover, Hobbykings 900mhz, 200mw with a sn 555 cam for fpv and a homemade vee antenna on the transmitter, home made moxon on the reciever and Fat shark glasses. And no we didnt find it yet, he did never se it go down cause he was flying in a fotball feild aming tha houses seen in the film when he lost orientation and the wind drove it away, and he had programmed his failsafe with a 3s pack and where flying with a 4s when he lost it so its possible it could have even rised flew further when failsafe kicked in... it maybe stucked in the trees somewhere and then its impossible to spot, he just have to wit for fall to lock in the trees...
Old Sep 03, 2010, 12:50 AM
Carbon addict...
Sweden
Joined Jun 2005
76 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by vic20owner View Post
Man, I don't think you could spot it from that altitude. Even the cattle (?) look like white dots in that field!
When i run the video on my 22" screen in fullsize and raw video out of the camera things are a lot bigger then dots... So if it where in the fields we could have spot it.
Old Sep 03, 2010, 03:56 AM
Joined May 2010
228 Posts
Does the kit come with bat charger? Im buying from Flying-hobby.com. if not, could you recommend me a cheap one?

thanks. Lasse
lassjus is offline Find More Posts by lassjus