HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Aug 14, 2010, 03:05 AM
Joined Jul 2010
12 Posts
entire 330x AP operation up for grabs

I need to put my aerial photo hopes aside and update some of my gear that pays my bills ... i'm professional photographer and i need a new lens for a upcoming assignment... i have a ready to go 330x s set up, 900mhz uplink and receiver , venom pro charger, 2 1000 mah 2s batteries, 1 2100mah 2s battery, 4 spare apc props., original box, manual. also for sale is my cable cam with tilt and pan, 2 1000 mah 2s that go to the cable cam, go pro hd cam, walkera 2801 pro with 2 rx2801 pro to go with it, and a venom procharger.

if you buy the whole lot i will throw in the batterys and spare props and shipping for free....

330 x-s 380.00 flow twice never crashed
900mhz uplink 75.00
walkera 2801 (2)rx/tx 100
venom procharger 55.00
go pro HD 225.00
cable cam 150.00
4 1000 mah 2s bats free
1 2100 mah 2s bat free
apc spare props
tonz of spare servos and parts from my heli and rc days to much to list.

$800 for everything.... free shipping pic of everything upon request
skagroovy is offline Find More Posts by skagroovy
to remove ads between posts
Old Aug 14, 2010, 04:15 AM
Spain (MÓlaga)
Joined Aug 2010
293 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by keithdubya View Post
1. Check to make sure the 8a blades are on legs 1 & 3.

2. Make sure legs 1 & 3 are wired color to color; On legs 2 & 4 red and black are reversed. Yellow always goes to yellow.

It sounds like one of your 4 props is pushing the wrong way. Probably from one of the two very easy and common mistakes above.

Keith
hi
I checked connections several times and the blades, all is well, they rotate in the right direction (1 and 3) (2 and 4), the rotor (2) begins to rotate after giving a lot of gas.

Thanks, I will put pictures and videos for better understanding
cafecubain is offline Find More Posts by cafecubain
Old Aug 14, 2010, 10:57 AM
Florida
Joined Dec 2009
71 Posts
Skagroovy
Please send photos of items for sale to
Buenavistaaerials@yahoo.com
crashcam is offline Find More Posts by crashcam
Old Aug 14, 2010, 04:57 PM
Australia, QLD, Gold Coast
Joined Sep 2008
2,462 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by skagroovy View Post
I need to put my aerial photo hopes aside and update some of my gear that pays my bills ... i'm professional photographer and i need a new lens for a upcoming assignment... i have a ready to go 330x s set up, 900mhz uplink and receiver , venom pro charger, 2 1000 mah 2s batteries, 1 2100mah 2s battery, 4 spare apc props., original box, manual. also for sale is my cable cam with tilt and pan, 2 1000 mah 2s that go to the cable cam, go pro hd cam, walkera 2801 pro with 2 rx2801 pro to go with it, and a venom procharger.

if you buy the whole lot i will throw in the batterys and spare props and shipping for free....

330 x-s 380.00 flow twice never crashed
900mhz uplink 75.00
walkera 2801 (2)rx/tx 100
venom procharger 55.00
go pro HD 225.00
cable cam 150.00
4 1000 mah 2s bats free
1 2100 mah 2s bat free
apc spare props
tonz of spare servos and parts from my heli and rc days to much to list.

$800 for everything.... free shipping pic of everything upon request
Hello if still available I will take it ?
AlpineDSacro is offline Find More Posts by AlpineDSacro
Old Aug 14, 2010, 05:45 PM
Spain (MÓlaga)
Joined Aug 2010
293 Posts
hi

here some links to videos of the problem with the quad.

Gaui_330x S _ TEST (problems) (0 min 32 sec)

(sounds) the throttle on TOP
Gaui_330x S (ESC Tuning) (0 min 58 sec)

Gaui_test_problems part 2 (stick throttle lowest position) (0 min 29 sec)

I hope someone can help me!
Thanks
cafecubain is offline Find More Posts by cafecubain
Last edited by cafecubain; Aug 15, 2010 at 02:56 AM. Reason: new video (ESC Tuning stick TOP position) sounds
Old Aug 14, 2010, 08:28 PM
'FPV'er...not a "LOS'er
Las Vegas, NV
Joined Sep 2003
18,220 Posts
An I Doing This Right

I setup my radio gear on my 330X-S today. To calibrate the ESCs I set the 334 unit to CRU and X, turn the gain all the way down (couterclockwise), left the green lead unplugged, and disconnected all the ESCs leads from the 334 unit.

I connected ESC 1 to port 1 on the 334, moved my Tx throttle up all the way, applied power to the 330X-S and only got the first set of rising tones (supposed to get a second set of tones). I waited a few seconds then reduced the throttle and got the confirmation codes. I unplugged ESC 1, and proceeded to plug in the remaining ESCs into their corresponding ports. On ports 2-4 I got the two sets of tone at full throttle followed by the confirmation tones at no throttle. Being a little concerned about the difference on Port 1, I plugged ESC 1 into Port 2, and got the correct sets of tones. I then went back thru and calibrated all the ESC from Port 2. I lastly turned down my throttle to 80%.

I verified the motors were turning in the correct directions and installed the props. I left the two switches in the up position, turned the gain to ~90 degrees, and connected power to the 330X and let it initialize. I then picked it up and held it from underneath and applied power. Everything spun up fine and I verified/adjusted the correct actions to aileron, elevator, and rudder. I noticed motor 2 liked to surge though. I'm not sure if my holding it is causing the surge via gyro action or not. I haven't tried free hovering yet until I verified the 'odd' throttle calibration on Port 1 and the motor surging. Any inputs?

Edit:
I just retried my throttle calibration and all ports calibrated normally. I guess that problem isn't a problem anymore.
I 'programmed' my ESCs to No Brake, LiPo, Soft-Cutoff, High Cutoff Threshold, Super Soft start, Medium timing. My motors don't respond until ~20%-25% throttle and then just jump up...kinda hard to apply smooth throttle. Should I just reset the ESCs back to 'Default'?
And on the CRU/HOV settings. When set to HOV mode, the green LED comes on, but as soon as I start to throttle up it starts blinking red and green real fast. When in CRU mode it sometimes stays solid (before throttle) and sometime alternates red and green. With throttle applied the LEDs are alternating real fast. Is this normal?
Vantasstic is offline Find More Posts by Vantasstic
RCG Plus Member
Last edited by Vantasstic; Aug 14, 2010 at 09:21 PM.
Old Aug 14, 2010, 10:35 PM
'FPV'er...not a "LOS'er
Las Vegas, NV
Joined Sep 2003
18,220 Posts
Another Bad ESC

I hate to report it, but I'm another 'victim' of a bad GAUI 10A ESC. Bummer
As mentioned in my earlier post, my #1 ESC wouldn't calibrate right, at first, then I could get it to calibrate. I was (initially) able to enter programming mode and setup the ESC. Well I went back to reset all the ESCs back to the default settings (trying to smooth out throttle response). #1 ESC wouldn't enter programming mode, then would, then wouldn't. I was finally able to get into programming mode and set it back to default. Now it won't respond to throttle at all. When I plug in the LiPo it chirps, but it won't spin up with throttle. I swapped plugs with another ESC on the 344 unit and the other motor responded to Port 1, but the #1 ESC wouldn't respond to its new port. I removed the ESC and swapped it to another motor. The #1 motor would respond to throttle, but the motor with the original #1 ESC now sits dead. Man, this sucks. For this much money I'd hope we'd be seeing better quality electronics. Time to fire off an e-mail to Empire for a replacement...when they get any in.
RCG Plus Member
Old Aug 14, 2010, 10:56 PM
'FPV'er...not a "LOS'er
Las Vegas, NV
Joined Sep 2003
18,220 Posts
Jesh...this is getting ridiculous. When I programmed my ESC #1 I had it connected to Port 1 on the 344 unit. It worked at first, save the red LED flashing from Red to Green when in both CRU and HOV modes. When I tried to reset it back to default is when it quit working, no matter where I moved it...so I thought the ESC was bad. I was just able to reprogram it back to the default settings from another port...and now it works...but the LED is still flashing from red to green and my motors are surging, as I first reported. I'm now thinking my GU-334 is the problem, not the ESC. Arggg....
RCG Plus Member
Old Aug 14, 2010, 11:26 PM
'FPV'er...not a "LOS'er
Las Vegas, NV
Joined Sep 2003
18,220 Posts
A Customer Service Kudo

Knowing it's the weekend and not expecting any action until next week, I e-mailed www.gothelirc.com, where I bought my Quad from, about the trouble I was having. Well, Lee at GotHeliRC must live in front of the computer because I got a response back from him within minutes. I'm sure he'll be able to help me sort out where my problem is coming from (ESC, GU-344, or both?) and get me flying as quickly as possible. AND, FWIW, he has the best deal around that I could find. The 330X-S with a 2S LiPo...AND not some cheapo, no-name LiPo, but a Hyperion 25C LiPo and free shipping, COOL!!!! My issues are not GotHeliRC's fault, so I can't point fingers at them, BUT I can say THANK YOU for the great customer service I've had from them, starting from the day I placed my pre-order. So THANK YOU Lee and GotHeliRC.
RCG Plus Member
Old Aug 15, 2010, 02:05 AM
OS Sponsor
Germany, NRW, Dusseldorf
Joined Jun 2010
5,226 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vantasstic View Post
Knowing it's the weekend and not expecting any action until next week, I e-mailed www.gothelirc.com, where I bought my Quad from, about the trouble I was having. Well, Lee at GotHeliRC must live in front of the computer because I got a response back from him within minutes. I'm sure he'll be able to help me sort out where my problem is coming from (ESC, GU-344, or both?) and get me flying as quickly as possible. AND, FWIW, he has the best deal around that I could find. The 330X-S with a 2S LiPo...AND not some cheapo, no-name LiPo, but a Hyperion 25C LiPo and free shipping, COOL!!!! My issues are not GotHeliRC's fault, so I can't point fingers at them, BUT I can say THANK YOU for the great customer service I've had from them, starting from the day I placed my pre-order. So THANK YOU Lee and GotHeliRC.
@ cafecubain & Vantasstic:
Did you try to calibrate the escs manually by plugging them into the throttle channel of your rx one-by-one? You just do the normal calibration for each esc. If this doesn't work either that escs may be damaged (shortage or so...) or the brain is messed up.
kinderkram is offline Find More Posts by kinderkram
RCG Plus Member
Old Aug 15, 2010, 02:06 AM
$#|+
United States, CA, Orange
Joined May 2007
1,605 Posts
did u get a jolly rancher?
i got one in mine
mkmkmk13 is offline Find More Posts by mkmkmk13
Old Aug 15, 2010, 03:33 AM
Carbon addict...
Sweden
Joined Jun 2005
76 Posts
My first fpv flight with the 330x s

Hi guys!

Just thought i should share my first fpv flight with the 330, and i have to say i like it alot... so stable. This is my 5 flight with the 330 since unpacking and building it.

Shoot taken with the gopro HD.

fpv i parken.MP4 (3 min 10 sec)
studd is offline Find More Posts by studd
Old Aug 15, 2010, 03:38 AM
United Kingdom, England, Bracknell Forest
Joined Jul 2010
66 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by studd View Post
Hi guys!

Just thought i should share my first fpv flight with the 330, and i have to say i like it alot... so stable. This is my 5 flight with the 330 since unpacking and building it.

Shoot taken with the gopro HD.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6WT8pBBzi2A
Very nice & interesting idea flying beneath the trees
crackerj is offline Find More Posts by crackerj
Old Aug 15, 2010, 03:47 AM
Re-Kitting Expert :o
Bullhead City, Arizona
Joined Jan 2005
1,667 Posts
Studd,

That was very nice. I like the view from up there. oh btw is there a baby in that stroller? Were you supposed to be watching that baby? Did you tell the wife you were taking the baby flying at the park?
GorillaBob is offline Find More Posts by GorillaBob
Old Aug 15, 2010, 03:55 AM
Carbon addict...
Sweden
Joined Jun 2005
76 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by GorillaBob View Post
Studd,

That was very nice. I like the view from up there. oh btw is there a baby in that stroller? Were you supposed to be watching that baby? Did you tell the wife you were taking the baby flying at the park?

I just said to the missis we were gone go and play in the park, and we sure did...
studd is offline Find More Posts by studd