HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Reply
Thread Tools
Old Jul 17, 2010, 04:08 AM
Registerer Used
milouze's Avatar
Paris
Joined May 2010
713 Posts
@Averticalview, do you have some hi-resolution pictures for your upgrades, as we can't see many details on those on your website?
Thanks in advance anyway.
milouze is offline Find More Posts by milouze
Reply With Quote
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Old Jul 17, 2010, 04:22 AM
flitelab's Avatar
Canada, NS, Halifax
Joined Feb 2010
6,966 Posts
What size lipos are msot people running on the 330X? Seems the 2S is a bit more controllable for starting and with no payload? 2000-2200mah range?
flitelab is offline Find More Posts by flitelab
Site Sponsor
Reply With Quote
Old Jul 17, 2010, 04:51 AM
Registered User
Spain, Valencia, Castellon de la Plana
Joined Oct 2006
21 Posts
Hi,... looking for help...

Let's see,... i got an small accident wich the 330x, one motor went out, i fixed it like other times and it's perfect, but,.... when I fly it the motors 2 and 4 got vibrating up and down, it's not too much but it's noissy, any idea???
The blades are ok, and I think motors and esc also, because it flies, ...

Home anyone understand my spanglish, jejeje
carlosmc is offline Find More Posts by carlosmc
Reply With Quote
Old Jul 17, 2010, 08:33 AM
OS Sponsor
kinderkram's Avatar
Germany, NRW, Dusseldorf
Joined Jun 2010
5,188 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by schooner2000 View Post
What size lipos are msot people running on the 330X? Seems the 2S is a bit more controllable for starting and with no payload? 2000-2200mah range?
Depends on your personal taste. I'm using 2s (3000 and 5000mAh). The 150 and 300gr. With some payload mine flies more stable than without weight - especially for the height hold.
kinderkram is offline Find More Posts by kinderkram
RCG Plus Member
Reply With Quote
Old Jul 17, 2010, 08:39 AM
OS Sponsor
kinderkram's Avatar
Germany, NRW, Dusseldorf
Joined Jun 2010
5,188 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by carlosmc View Post
Hi,... looking for help...

Let's see,... i got an small accident wich the 330x, one motor went out, i fixed it like other times and it's perfect, but,.... when I fly it the motors 2 and 4 got vibrating up and down, it's not too much but it's noissy, any idea???
The blades are ok, and I think motors and esc also, because it flies, ...

Home anyone understand my spanglish, jejeje
Your spanglish is quite understandable - even for denglish speakers.

Did you control the play of the motor housings? If you notice some play there you'll have the same probs as me: more vibration and sound.
I think this will result in some motor damages ... some day ...
kinderkram is offline Find More Posts by kinderkram
RCG Plus Member
Reply With Quote
Old Jul 17, 2010, 08:47 AM
OS Sponsor
kinderkram's Avatar
Germany, NRW, Dusseldorf
Joined Jun 2010
5,188 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Averticalview View Post
Ok we have some ready to go waiting for servos for the camera mounts but check it out makes a nice AP platform for your quads and we also are offering a new upgraded Larger one to use with your Guai Three axis unit 4 or 8 motor ready check it out here:

http://www.averticalview.com/quai_330x_upgrades_.html

and here http://www.averticalview.com/matrix_q_.html

And here is a close up of the gaui with the upgrades we also have FPV kit available

http://www.averticalview.com/blog/index.php?id=gl1

Avaliable in Pan and Tilt and
For you DIY people you can make this into a full 3 axis stabilized mount pretty easy


Great stuff you offer there!
Please post some more details (measures and weight) and some high res. pics as already mentioned. Thx!

The AP landing gears look interesting. But I think they break the frame on harder diagonal landings. Any crash experiences so far?
kinderkram is offline Find More Posts by kinderkram
RCG Plus Member
Reply With Quote
Old Jul 17, 2010, 11:16 AM
Registered User
Joined Apr 2007
1,366 Posts
What is the purpose of the other 4 connectors on the GU-344?
Can they be used to stabilize a camera mount?
tritan is offline Find More Posts by tritan
Reply With Quote
Old Jul 17, 2010, 12:06 PM
Registered User
kenseinemo's Avatar
Italy
Joined May 2010
112 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by cdi3d View Post
Here is a picture from my Gaui last night - Highest I have ever had it

Mike
Have you employed a lot of time to arrive on the Moon?
kenseinemo is offline Find More Posts by kenseinemo
Reply With Quote
Old Jul 17, 2010, 12:22 PM
Clyde, Ca. USA
Clyde, Ca. USA
Joined May 2007
2,382 Posts
tritan extra connectors are for the future. GPS? Height hold? Wait and see.
I flew this morning in too much wind.
I promised myself not to do that but couldn't resist.
Up it went and off into some body's backyard.
I did get it back and they were very understanding.
Seems they retrieve many airplanes from their backyard and this was the first quad.
We visited for a while and now I can go into their backyard whenever I need to retrieve a plane or quad or chopper.
Nice people.
Here is a pic of the damage.
It is missing a piece of the arm so out comes the thin plywood to repair and another arm is on order. Need more glue too. Oh well, it's still a lot of fun.
It broke where the slots start. My ESC is further in towards the center so why have the slots out there?
john339 is offline Find More Posts by john339
Last edited by john339; Jul 17, 2010 at 12:24 PM. Reason: bad spelling
Reply With Quote
Old Jul 17, 2010, 12:50 PM
Registered User
Barnesville, Georgia
Joined Jul 2007
74 Posts
I hate to hear that anyone crashed.
Got my Gaui loaded up with Eagletree FPV systems and just finished a brief test in the 'hot' Georgia sun. All systems go!
I will record a flight later this evening when the weather cools down.
I almost melted during my 3 minute test! lol
Here are a couple pictures if your curious.

BTW, this is the first Gaui 330x 's that came out. Still completely stock and no issues/problems after more than a weeks worth of flying it.
yakflyer is offline Find More Posts by yakflyer
Last edited by yakflyer; Jul 17, 2010 at 12:51 PM. Reason: BTW, more info
Reply With Quote
Old Jul 17, 2010, 01:52 PM
Registered User
kenseinemo's Avatar
Italy
Joined May 2010
112 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by yakflyer View Post
I hate to hear that anyone crashed.
Got my Gaui loaded up with Eagletree FPV systems and just finished a brief test in the 'hot' Georgia sun. All systems go!
I will record a flight later this evening when the weather cools down.
I almost melted during my 3 minute test! lol
Here are a couple pictures if your curious.

BTW, this is the first Gaui 330x 's that came out. Still completely stock and no issues/problems after more than a weeks worth of flying it.
Wow! but have you a GPS too? I see above the camera...
please post more pic., and the links about the components...
Thanks!!!
kenseinemo is offline Find More Posts by kenseinemo
Reply With Quote
Old Jul 17, 2010, 01:54 PM
Registered User
kenseinemo's Avatar
Italy
Joined May 2010
112 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by john339 View Post
tritan extra connectors are for the future. GPS? Height hold? Wait and see.
I flew this morning in too much wind.
I promised myself not to do that but couldn't resist.
Up it went and off into some body's backyard.
I did get it back and they were very understanding.
Seems they retrieve many airplanes from their backyard and this was the first quad.
We visited for a while and now I can go into their backyard whenever I need to retrieve a plane or quad or chopper.
Nice people.
Here is a pic of the damage.
It is missing a piece of the arm so out comes the thin plywood to repair and another arm is on order. Need more glue too. Oh well, it's still a lot of fun.
It broke where the slots start. My ESC is further in towards the center so why have the slots out there?
How is happened the crash exacly?
kenseinemo is offline Find More Posts by kenseinemo
Reply With Quote
Old Jul 17, 2010, 02:11 PM
Registered User
Joined Apr 2007
1,366 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by john339 View Post
tritan extra connectors are for the future. GPS? Height hold? Wait and see.
I flew this morning in too much wind.
I promised myself not to do that but couldn't resist.
Up it went and off into some body's backyard.
I did get it back and they were very understanding.
Seems they retrieve many airplanes from their backyard and this was the first quad.
We visited for a while and now I can go into their backyard whenever I need to retrieve a plane or quad or chopper.
Nice people.
Here is a pic of the damage.
It is missing a piece of the arm so out comes the thin plywood to repair and another arm is on order. Need more glue too. Oh well, it's still a lot of fun.
It broke where the slots start. My ESC is further in towards the center so why have the slots out there?

Thanks John,
I got some pictures of my 330-S I finished today with first flight. I also made some changes and added a better landing gear and a photomount.
tritan is offline Find More Posts by tritan
Reply With Quote
Old Jul 17, 2010, 02:12 PM
aka Helidaho
AeroVideoUS's Avatar
United States, ID, Boise
Joined Jun 2010
2,650 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mkmkmk13 View Post
It's a wide angle lense
Hehe... Please note the wink smiley and how I started the second sentence. Rest assured, I was joking. I know the hero cam has an extremely wide angle lens.
AeroVideoUS is offline Find More Posts by AeroVideoUS
Reply With Quote
Old Jul 17, 2010, 02:14 PM
aka Helidaho
AeroVideoUS's Avatar
United States, ID, Boise
Joined Jun 2010
2,650 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by G-unit View Post
He really wasn't that high up, just look at the house in the bottom of the pic..
It still looks pretty high to me. I have a hard time seeing mine when I get up high, could just be my old eyes though.
AeroVideoUS is offline Find More Posts by AeroVideoUS
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Discussion GAUI - Quad-copter kapteinkuk Multirotor Talk 5 Apr 14, 2010 10:33 PM
Discussion New Gaui 200 SE V1 and DX6i owner fiercebadger Beginner Training Area (Heli-Electric) 0 Feb 25, 2010 02:59 PM
Wanted Want to Trade: New Gaui 200 canopy for old Gaui 200 canopy Splix Aircraft - Electric - Helis (FS/W) 1 Jun 28, 2008 01:07 PM
Quad-winged pager flyer snakeX2 Scratchbuilt Indoor and Micro Models 33 Jan 29, 2005 02:47 PM