Old Jul 14, 2010, 08:44 AM
Kyalami, South Africa
Joined Jun 2006
1,509 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by fung View Post
hi friends

i need your options.

Do you suggest GAUI make some colour blades for 330X ?

please leave your views

thank you

fung
www.flying-hobby.com
I think this is a good idea. Orange blades for the front, black fo rthe back, and then you can ditch the orange ball and sheathing. I fly FPV and normal, so it would help not to have the orange ball blocking the view.
kyalamikid is offline Find More Posts by kyalamikid
to remove ads between posts
Old Jul 14, 2010, 08:55 AM
Kyalami, South Africa
Joined Jun 2006
1,509 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sid3ways View Post
I'd say forget the color blades. People want functionality on a quad more than looks. Have them keep their eye on the prize (GPS & Camera mount options).

I haven't seen any new data from the S model. How much weight can that one carry and how many amps does it pull at hover and full throttle(80%)?
I dont think the emphasis is on weight. The new controllers are much faster and smoother responding than the previous, so smoother flights in theory. They are actually slightly smaller than the old 7A in size.

They have probably switched to scorp motors as they are slightly lower Kv, so more torque to help gyros as well. Scorpion motors are typically more efficient. Also people dont want to risk expensive camera gear on motors that have an iffish reputations. Scorp stuff is quality value...

I have retrofitted the new controllers to my 330X. Much less wobble in wind so far, and gain is at 85%. Only 1 flight but its looking like a worthy upgrade...
Old Jul 14, 2010, 09:03 AM
Gaftopher
Nottingham Road South Africa/Bedford UK
Joined Feb 2007
3,781 Posts
How is the 330 handling the altitude there Kyalamikid ??
Gary Mortimer is offline Find More Posts by Gary Mortimer
Old Jul 14, 2010, 09:04 AM
Michigan
Joined Dec 2008
2,007 Posts
How much Weight

I have the new 330x-S and is 850g to heavy for it that's the weight of the hole thing with battery's and camra but not sure if that's to much for it any help thanks tom
tom6696950 is offline Find More Posts by tom6696950
Last edited by tom6696950; Jul 14, 2010 at 09:06 AM. Reason: spelling
Old Jul 14, 2010, 09:29 AM
Germany
Joined Mar 2010
21 Posts
In the manual of the 330x, at the end, it is explained on how to programm the escīs. There is an option "throttle response". You can set this to "fast response", standard response is stock. Has anyone trided to change this ?
And how is the excact procedure ? How do i enter the new value ?
greetz, Frank
frank76 is offline Find More Posts by frank76
Old Jul 14, 2010, 10:15 AM
Brushless
Joined Mar 2009
2,032 Posts
Has anyone figured out what those extra pins on the gaui 344 are for?

Mike
cdi3d is offline Find More Posts by cdi3d
Old Jul 14, 2010, 10:17 AM
Michigan
Joined Dec 2008
2,007 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by tom6696950 View Post
I have the new 330x-S and is 850g to heavy for it that's the weight of the hole thing with battery's and camra but not sure if that's to much for it any help thanks tom
I went out and try it and it does fly nice but will need to buy some 11.1 volt battery's as having that much weight it pulls alot out of my 7.4 battery's but i would say I'm very happy with this little toy nice job gaui
tom6696950 is offline Find More Posts by tom6696950
Old Jul 14, 2010, 11:33 AM
Kyalami, South Africa
Joined Jun 2006
1,509 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by tom6696950 View Post
I went out and try it and it does fly nice but will need to buy some 11.1 volt battery's as having that much weight it pulls alot out of my 7.4 battery's but i would say I'm very happy with this little toy nice job gaui
Yes Tom, above 800g you need 3 cell which also brings down amp draw. At lighter weights 3 cell is too responsive to fly smooth...it is truly a brilliant little craft.
Old Jul 14, 2010, 11:35 AM
Barnesville, Georgia
Joined Jul 2007
74 Posts
Have mine about a week now and love it! I can not believe how stable it is!
I have mounted CCPM wireless camera to the frame with a sero to control the tilt on the camera. Tx Futaba 9Caps 2.4, Rx Futaba Fasst 6007 2.4. I have assigned VRC E to tilt the camera. But I noticed whenever I move the VRC the motors surge for a second or two???? Not sure what is causing this. Same thing happens on Channel 6 & 7.
Any suggestions? Thanks in advance. I'm reading this entire thread, and maybe I'll come across this item. Love to hear from you guys.
yakflyer is offline Find More Posts by yakflyer
Old Jul 14, 2010, 11:51 AM
Kyalami, South Africa
Joined Jun 2006
1,509 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gary Mortimer View Post
How is the 330 handling the altitude there Kyalamikid ??
Handles the altitude very well Gary. Blades spin a bit faster, but thats it. Subjectively I have found higher altitudes cause all my heli's to fly smoother.. maybe due to less air to bite, so if anything its a plus.
Old Jul 14, 2010, 12:00 PM
Kyalami, South Africa
Joined Jun 2006
1,509 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by frank76 View Post
In the manual of the 330x, at the end, it is explained on how to programm the escīs. There is an option "throttle response". You can set this to "fast response", standard response is stock. Has anyone trided to change this ?
And how is the excact procedure ? How do i enter the new value ?
greetz, Frank
Fast response may help. However it may also cause problems. Typically fast response signifies how quickly your stick inputs relate to a change in RPM of the props. If it is too quick it will cause the wagging syndrome that the 330X suffers hovering in wind. (over correction)

More important is the PWM of the ESC. ESC's dont limit voltage, they pulse the current. So at half throttle you are pulsing the motor on and off from the ESC roughly 50% on and 50% off at the rated PWM. However if this is at a low PWM, the pulses will be coarse resulting in a more jerky speed transition. If you can up the PWM, then the throttle transition happens more smoothly, promoting better gyro control. So this is could be more desirable than having RPM respond quicker on a slower PWM....

Perhaps it will help...Best to try it and see but I suspect the new controllers run a higher PWM.

From Gauis website the changes are:

Benefits of New Power Set:

Increase the current capacity (7A → 10A) to increase the ability of transient response
The program of ESC designed for the multi-rotor model,
The control frequency of ESC up to 400Hz or more.
As the power of rotor responsive very fast, gain value can be increased and the flyer will be more stable.

Also motors are 7.6% more efficient... so longer flight times, less heat and longer lasting.

Last edited by kyalamikid; Jul 14, 2010 at 12:13 PM.
Old Jul 14, 2010, 12:04 PM
Kyalami, South Africa
Joined Jun 2006
1,509 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by cdi3d View Post
Has anyone figured out what those extra pins on the gaui 344 are for?

Mike
Probably the GPS and Altitude expanders that are coming in September from Gaui
Old Jul 14, 2010, 01:52 PM
Barnesville, Georgia
Joined Jul 2007
74 Posts
Nice chair badbill.
Looks like that one has seen one to many farts!
Oh, yeah, nice quad
yakflyer is offline Find More Posts by yakflyer
Old Jul 14, 2010, 03:47 PM
Registered Lunatic
Boston, MA
Joined Jul 2010
1,005 Posts
My first post to this forum, I usually hang out on one of the other more helicopter oriented sites. I've had my 330X for about a month now and the more I fly it, the more I like it, it's very similar in technique to flying a heli, and yet quite different in the flying experience. I've found it's also quite addicting once you get it dialed in and flying well!

Had a couple bumps in the road getting mine sorted out, it's one of the inital production run versions. Biggest problem I had was the stock motors, seems they spooled up at different rates and that gave me fits trying to get clean take offs and a stable flight. Swapped the stockers out for a set of Hyperion 2205-34 and that fixed the majority of the problems I was having, actually flew quite well on 2S 40C packs, stock 7A ESC's, and an AeroSpy kit and with Olympus digital camera hanging off the mount. Video quality is so-so from the camera, but it's enough to let me play around for now until I can justify another pile of $ for a Hero HD or something better than what I have on hand.

Last weekend I picked up a Hyperion VX G3 3S 35C pack and WOW what a difference that made! I thought it had pretty good power with the 2s packs, it's really a rocket on 3S even with the camera attached. Today I swapped the stock 7A ESC's for the Gaui 10A set and from a short spool up in the basement I can see how much more responsive it is to the throttle stick, I think it's going to be a very different beast once I get it outside for a good test flight. Unfortunately it's pouring rain here at the moment so the test flight is going to have to wait a while
RTRyder is offline Find More Posts by RTRyder
Old Jul 14, 2010, 04:10 PM
Clyde, Ca. USA
Clyde, Ca. USA
Joined May 2007
2,382 Posts
RTRyder You are correct about flying it outside.
You need a large space so if the wind gets it you have time to fly it back without having trees and buildings to avoid.
I have been using a 3s battery and it will shoot straight up VERY fast.
This small quad is a lot of fun so far.
Next is the camera mount with long legs so I can mount my Lumix FX-07.
Where did you purchase your AeroSpy kit?
john339 is offline Find More Posts by john339