HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Reply
Thread Tools
Old Jan 11, 2011, 05:49 PM
Master Of My Universe
scotsoft's Avatar
Newcastle, UK
Joined Jul 2010
2,706 Posts
I have had more success using superglue rather than epoxy, in fact one flybar I broke on a different heli I glued about 5 months ago and it's still holding strong


Quote:
Originally Posted by wacked_rc View Post
That is probably what helped for me, I used a dremel with wire wheel before gluing. I tried the two part epoxy but couldn't get the mix right so I switched to super glue.
scotsoft is offline Find More Posts by scotsoft
Reply With Quote
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 12, 2011, 01:18 AM
Registered User
AlexsDad's Avatar
Joined Dec 2010
8 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by wacked_rc View Post
That is probably what helped for me, I used a dremel with wire wheel before gluing. I tried the two part epoxy but couldn't get the mix right so I switched to super glue.
AH! now I see the error of my ways...I did no surface prep, just super glued the pieces. Will try scuffing before next repair. One thing I did find useful, I used a small piece of play doh to hold the pieces while the glue dried.
AlexsDad is offline Find More Posts by AlexsDad
Reply With Quote
Old Jan 15, 2011, 09:34 AM
ARE YOU READY KIDS???
Sloper Dave's Avatar
Camarillo, California, United States
Joined Mar 2004
390 Posts
Rotors hitting

I got one of these for Christmas. (My 1st) Flew right out of the box. Then after a few crashes it wouldn't fly. I realized that the little connecting links for the fly bar and upper rotor were missing. I ordered new ones and now the rotors impact each other when changing pitch? also won't hover and is basically uncontrollable. Any ideas?

Thanks...
Sloper Dave is offline Find More Posts by Sloper Dave
Reply With Quote
Old Jan 15, 2011, 10:25 AM
Registered User
AlexsDad's Avatar
Joined Dec 2010
8 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sloper Dave View Post
I got one of these for Christmas. (My 1st) Flew right out of the box. Then after a few crashes it wouldn't fly. I realized that the little connecting links for the fly bar and upper rotor were missing. I ordered new ones and now the rotors impact each other when changing pitch? also won't hover and is basically uncontrollable. Any ideas?

Thanks...
the DH9098 only comes with one connecting link. After a crash I had my son looking for the missing links, and after he found one I said "good job, that's one of two" and he kept looking. After a bit he brought me the box or instructions and there was only one link in the illustration. We put on the one link and we were flying again. So, might try taking one off...quick thing to try. Anyone else?
AlexsDad is offline Find More Posts by AlexsDad
Reply With Quote
Old Jan 15, 2011, 11:32 AM
Registered User
USA, TX, Richmond
Joined Dec 2010
9 Posts
Mine only has one link as well, other than a broken flybar (superglue repaired) I have had lots of fun with this little helicopter.
wacked_rc is offline Find More Posts by wacked_rc
Reply With Quote
Old Jan 16, 2011, 09:53 AM
Master Of My Universe
scotsoft's Avatar
Newcastle, UK
Joined Jul 2010
2,706 Posts
You say in your post you have ordered new ones.
I'm not sure reading your post if you are trying to fly without them

If you have the replacement, fitted it and the rotors are hitting each other check that the connecting buckle is seated on the balls and not gone past the balls, apart from that I can't think what else might be wrong.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Sloper Dave View Post
I got one of these for Christmas. (My 1st) Flew right out of the box. Then after a few crashes it wouldn't fly. I realized that the little connecting links for the fly bar and upper rotor were missing. I ordered new ones and now the rotors impact each other when changing pitch? also won't hover and is basically uncontrollable. Any ideas?

Thanks...
scotsoft is offline Find More Posts by scotsoft
Reply With Quote
Old Jan 16, 2011, 10:41 PM
Registered User
Joined Aug 2010
1 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlexsDad View Post
the DH9098 only comes with one connecting link. After a crash I had my son looking for the missing links, and after he found one I said "good job, that's one of two" and he kept looking. After a bit he brought me the box or instructions and there was only one link in the illustration. We put on the one link and we were flying again. So, might try taking one off...quick thing to try. Anyone else?
What do your instructions look like? I thought my heli was a S107G+ according to the sticker on the box, but after comparing it to models online, it's obviously a 9098 type, so I'm so glad to be reading this.
--------------------------
EDIT! AHAHaaa...it even only has one connector in the demo video, and in pictures. Very funny... We were looking around for the missing link, purchased replacements for the S107G since that's what mine is labeled as.

Very interesting.

--------------------------

My instruction manual says "WORLD TECH TOYS by World Trading 23, inc." at the top right, and the little "Connector" rotor links are part 9098-02. Does that match yours?

My diagrams show only one "Connector" in "all parts included" but obviously show two of them in the charging description and further diagrams...

I'm not sure there's only supposed to be one, but I can verify it flies perfectly fine with only one. I thought I'd lost one, and the ebay replacements were too long, so I tried it...and it works beautifully...
figit090 is offline Find More Posts by figit090
Last edited by figit090; Jan 16, 2011 at 10:50 PM.
Reply With Quote
Old Jan 17, 2011, 05:18 AM
Registered User
AlexsDad's Avatar
Joined Dec 2010
8 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by figit090 View Post
What do your instructions look like? I thought my heli was a S107G+ according to the sticker on the box, but after comparing it to models online, it's obviously a 9098 type, so I'm so glad to be reading this.
--------------------------
EDIT! AHAHaaa...it even only has one connector in the demo video, and in pictures. Very funny... We were looking around for the missing link, purchased replacements for the S107G since that's what mine is labeled as.

Very interesting.

--------------------------

My instruction manual says "WORLD TECH TOYS by World Trading 23, inc." at the top right, and the little "Connector" rotor links are part 9098-02. Does that match yours?

My diagrams show only one "Connector" in "all parts included" but obviously show two of them in the charging description and further diagrams...

I'm not sure there's only supposed to be one, but I can verify it flies perfectly fine with only one. I thought I'd lost one, and the ebay replacements were too long, so I tried it...and it works beautifully...
First things First...Glad to hear you are back in the air!
My manual is NOT identical. The manual has "Double Horse" and a giant 'S' in upper right corner and a big 9098 about middle and an 'Attention' statement about operating the gyro bottom on the front. No mention of World Tech anywhere. However, in "spare parts pictures" p7 the 9098-2 is a match for the link part number. I did a quick search to see if a pdf version of the manual was online anywhere and I found nothing.
AlexsDad is offline Find More Posts by AlexsDad
Reply With Quote
Old Jan 17, 2011, 08:23 AM
Registered User
scorp's Avatar
Cupertino, CA
Joined Nov 2010
2,381 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlexsDad View Post
the DH9098 only comes with one connecting link. After a crash I had my son looking for the missing links, and after he found one I said "good job, that's one of two" and he kept looking. After a bit he brought me the box or instructions and there was only one link in the illustration. We put on the one link and we were flying again. So, might try taking one off...quick thing to try. Anyone else?

hahaha i did the same on another model, made him look for hours for a link that wasn't there
scorp is offline Find More Posts by scorp
Reply With Quote
Old Mar 21, 2011, 06:01 PM
I can fly from my wheelchair
milgentrains's Avatar
Columbus Ga
Joined May 2008
30 Posts
Gen-X Heli a 9098 clone?

I have been flying an Gen-X micro copter for several months now, it's been a total blast. I'm wondering if it's a clone of the Double Horse 9098 copter.

It was put out by CIS Associates, the same folks behind my new Double Horse 9053 copter. Flying the mini copter has made me confident enough to get the 9053.
milgentrains is offline Find More Posts by milgentrains
Reply With Quote
Old Apr 21, 2011, 10:09 PM View Post
incrediblerc
A moderator felt this post violated the following rule: Cross-posting. It is temporarily hidden while incrediblerc edits it. Show it to me anyway.
Old Apr 28, 2011, 12:45 PM
Registered User
Joined Apr 2011
1 Posts
Bought a 9098 - need a flybar

Hi everyone...

My son and I are new to this hobby. We bought a Double Horse 9098, and in getting it home (we bought it in Las Vegas), due to an over-zealous baggage handler, the flybar is broken right at the base. I have tried superglue to repair it, but not having much luck.

I noticed that someone else used a dremel tool to repair this sort of thing, which I am going to try as well...nothing to lose, since I'm resigned to ordering a new one.

According to the manual, the part number is 9098-01. However, I cannot find one of these parts in my area (southern Ontario, Canada). In Google searching, I have found places in both the US and overseas where I can purchase a new one (or two or three, it seems) and have it shipped.

Can anyone suggest a reputable place to buy parts for this heli? We're really anxious to try this out!

Thanks!
Statsman1 is offline Find More Posts by Statsman1
Reply With Quote
Old May 02, 2011, 02:42 AM
I'm FAMOUS
Joined Mar 2010
5,108 Posts
Search the forums, your answer IS here.

Incrediblerc, please support the forum by paying for proper advertising.
My advice is NOT to get them from incrediblerc...at this point.
killbucket is offline Find More Posts by killbucket
Last edited by killbucket; May 02, 2011 at 02:48 AM.
Reply With Quote
Old May 05, 2011, 11:03 AM View Post
RCStreet
A moderator felt this post violated the following rule: Cross-posting. It is temporarily hidden while RCStreet edits it. Show it to me anyway.
Reply


Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Build Log NEW Black Horse 120 size F4U Corsair corsair nut Glow to Electric Conversions 358 Aug 02, 2014 09:26 PM
Mini-Review 9088 Double Horse 3 ch. Apache helicopter skiesthelimit Micro Ready-to-Fly 27 Oct 30, 2012 02:14 PM
Discussion Double Horse 9074 3.5CH Gyroscope othmanskn Coaxial Helicopters 19 Oct 27, 2010 07:17 PM
Discussion Double Horse 9058 Chinook (3 ch) - Anyone tried one? simontan Coaxial Helicopters 1 Jan 13, 2009 05:30 AM
Whoops! Syma Double Horse 9083 And Helixx 3D Plane95 Micro Helis 4 Nov 04, 2008 07:15 PM