HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Apr 12, 2010, 08:43 AM
Jack
USA, ME, Ellsworth
Joined May 2008
16,806 Posts
Video
Eagle Tree Altitude Sensor V3

A short video of the Eagle Tree Altimeter Microsensor V3 displaying a post flight altitude. That was 1172 feet which was a new personal best for me with my Blu Sail II KFm3 motor glider.

Details on the sensor here:

http://www.eagletreesystems.com/Stan...standalone.htm

Details on my Blu Sail II glider build are here:

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showp...&postcount=303

My opinion and how it works - I have flown it a few times now and it is a pretty neat gadget. I have it set to read in feet (meters is the other option) and after each flight it displays the altitude by flashing the digits in sequence.

You can power down after a flight and when you power up again, it will still remember and display the last altitude. It will do that until such time as it is powered up and then sees a 60 foot or more change in altitude. The 60 foot change resets it and then it records a new altitude. So it is pretty fool proof as far as not losing the data simple enough to use.

I have mine powered up from an unused channel on the receiver and it is beneath the wing. If I wanted I could make a window so it would be visible without removing the wing.

Jack
jackerbes is offline Find More Posts by jackerbes
to remove ads between posts