HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jul 26, 2010, 01:29 PM
I'm hooked on RC Moto
Berkeley
Joined Jun 2006
1,145 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Nicastro View Post
The Ducatisti are huge fans of GP racing so they all come out of the wood works when they can. Ducati reserve the "island" for Ducati only bikes every time there is a big race there. Ive been there 3 times and they have been doing that for years.

Did you do the Laguna Shuffle?

And out of the woodwork they did appear. I was amazed at Ducati island but what really got me was the sea of motorcycles and how many Ducatis were parked in there.

I can only guess what the Laguna shuffle is???
stubbyphilips is offline Find More Posts by stubbyphilips
to remove ads between posts
Old Jul 26, 2010, 02:46 PM
Bryson Ca.
Joined Feb 2010
53 Posts
I, know what you mean Stubby .I got the HOTS for a Aprillia RSV4!!! But for real I'm going to build a track bike. Or go vintage road racing Rich.
nano cup is offline Find More Posts by nano cup
Old Jul 26, 2010, 05:29 PM
Post Falls, ID United States
Joined Feb 2004
4,310 Posts
The Laguna Shuffle is when your watching the race from the top of the hill by the cork screw and then you run over to the other side to see the other few turns you can see...repeat as often as you can...there is the shuffle!

I took a look at the new Aprillia this weekend too, its real nice. I'd rather have another Ducati though like an 1198 or 1098.
Chris Nicastro is offline Find More Posts by Chris Nicastro
Old Jul 27, 2010, 03:55 AM
Julianadorp. the netherlands
Joined Feb 2005
614 Posts
rossi on ducati

2 weeks ago rossi had a discussion with yamaha about going on with yamaha for the next years . after 10 hours rossi walked out of the negotiations . it seems there and then rossi and yamaha will part. if it really happens who can say . but Ducati is the best option for him.
its a shame yamaha dont give him credit for making a terrible bike better and make it a champion bike even when it wasnt the fastest bike around.

remember biaggi always loosing his front in the race due to lack of steering capabilities. boy, did rossi have changed that.

any way i really think Rossi will go to Ducati (my dream for years now ) that will improve the steering of the bike i think .

but we all will know when catalunya is there. all the seats will be given away then . and yes spies will go to yamaha as that rumour s is very big here in europe..
it seems he will ride next to lorenzo..

may i hear more i will update.

valentino Rossi Spied at Ducati Head QuartersRumors have persisted for years that Valentino Rossi will eventually end up on a Ducati in MotoGP putting the ultimate Italian champion on the quintessential Italian race bike. Now the Italian press is reporting that Rossi and Jeremy Burgess have been spotted entering the Ducati factory for secret talks.

ducatinewstoday has already laid out the argument for why Rossi will ultimately end up at Ducati. The short story is that he has a shot at ending his career by succeeding his hero Giacomo Agostini as numerically the best racer of all time. The long version is here.

Now Italy’s Republica (amusing English translation) is reporting that last month Rossi was seen entering the Ducati factory gates at Borgo Panigale in an Audi S6 (nice ride) with his longtime friend Uccio at the wheel. Critically, the report claims Jeremy Burgess was with him. Burgess who was critical in the Rossi Honda to Yamaha transition is expected to be a deal breaker for any Ducati move. That is to say Rossi would want his trusted team engineer to come with him to help him tame the Ducati MotoGP beast.

Rossi has been subtly changing his rhetoric towards Ducati since he earlier asserted he would likely finish his career on a Yamaha.

After Jorge Lorenzo re-signed with the leading Japanese team Rossi called the ‘father’ of the Ducati Desmosedici, Filippo Preziosi, a phenomenal person and also stated that he is sure that he could tame the D16 if he could set it up the way he likes, but wouldn’t want to leave Jeremy Burgess and the rest of his team after ten years of challenges and so may wins.

Rossi is currently leading the 2009 MotoGP championship by 18 points from his teammate Jorge Lorenzo with 3 rounds of the series to go including this weekend’s Australian GP at Phillip Island.

Commenting on rumours in the Italian press of a switch to Ducati next season, Rossi was clear in his dismissal. “Sincerely I don’t understand why,” he stated. “Especially because it is 100% impossible, because I have a contract with Yamaha. So it is not possible to go to Ducati next year, but also because I don’t want to!”

link: MotoGP.com

Of course he won’t be switching in 2010, the question is what color will he be riding in 2011? What do you think? Is this more evidence for a move come 2011 or is it typical nonsense form the Italian press? Chime in with your views in the comments section below.

Want More?
Read More Posts about Ducati Rumors
Read Why Valentino Rossi will Finish his Career with Ducati
Read More Posts on Valentino Rossi

* Share/Bookmark

Try These Related Posts:

1. Ducati Getting Ready for Rossi? One of John “Hannibal” Smith’s favorite sayings in the eighties TV series, The A-Team was “I love it when a plan comes together”. I don’t know if Ducati were a fan of the show but slowly, but surely it looks as if the plan to have 9-time World Champion Valentino...
2. Ducati CEO Won’t Rule Out Rossi! 2010 marks the first year since Ducati went MotoGP racing that an Italian rider doesn’t feature on the team. Ducati CEO Gabriele del Torchio is well aware of this, telling the Italian press at the Ducati team introduction today that it makes sense for Ducati to have an Italian rider...
3. This is Getting Ridiculous: Rossi Ducati Announcement at Laguna Seca? With the interwebs all in a frenzy over the expected Valentino Rossi to Ducati announcement, an Italian paper now claims the deal is done and will be announced during the USA Laguna Seca round of the MotoGP championship scheduled for July 25th. In a twist they claim that Rossi crew...
4. Rossi Acknowledges and Then Denies Ducati MotoGP Option Not that the Rossi to Ducati fire needed any more fuel but comments Valentino Rossi made to the BBC immediately prior to the final race of the 2009 MotoGP season about his future and his relationship with Yamaha and his fast team-mate have re-ignited the debate about the champions future...
5. Chill People: Rossi says No Decision on Future until after Brno Finally we have some news from the horses mouth! MotoGP World Champion, Valentino Rossi, says it is too early to announce his decision on whom he will race for in 2011 until after the racing at Brno. If you follow motorcycle racing, it seems the only thing worth talking about...
Red Bullie is offline Find More Posts by Red Bullie
Last edited by Red Bullie; Jul 27, 2010 at 04:12 AM. Reason: news
Old Jul 27, 2010, 06:11 AM
Me Likee Motorbikee
Melbourne Australia
Joined Nov 2009
1,140 Posts
Hey guys..... is it just me... or has motogp started to overtake F-1 for the "off track" hype...???

It does appear that Rossi is going to Ducati, and Capirosi is likely to join the satalite team with Ducati also...

Honda is pretty much all sorted now, as is Yamaha's top team...

The rest will mainly be making up numbers... by that I meen, a bunch of really fast, very well credentialed, former and current world champions from all sorts of areas... running around on bikes that are just that little bit slower than the factory boys.... thus... they will strugle to ever make the podium...

All that aside... the talk in the media is who goes where... and in the meantime, the races appear to become more stagnet than ever...

I've been riding bikes since the age of three... and been competing for around twenty years... I love bikes in all their forms, but none more so than motogp... and I'm starting to find it all a bit too...wanky...

The gossip is taking over...
Lukey B is offline Find More Posts by Lukey B
Old Jul 27, 2010, 06:43 AM
Julianadorp. the netherlands
Joined Feb 2005
614 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lukey B View Post
Hey guys..... is it just me... or has motogp started to overtake F-1 for the "off track" hype...???

It does appear that Rossi is going to Ducati, and Capirosi is likely to join the satalite team with Ducati also...

The rest will mainly be making up numbers... by that I meen, a bunch of really fast, very well credentialed, former and current world champions from all sorts of areas... running around on bikes that are just that little bit slower than the factory boys.... thus... they will strugle to ever make the podium...

All that aside... the talk in the media is who goes where... and in the meantime, the races appear to become more stagnet than ever...

I've been riding bikes since the age of three... and been competing for around twenty years... I love bikes in all their forms, but none more so than motogp... and I'm starting to find it all a bit too...wanky...

Lol i agree in the gossip for motogp.
but where and when is there anything interesting to gossip about in f1 ???? that is a sport that is going under due to to many rules .

But on a funny note isnt it good there are gossips and at the end see what have become of it? and this happens every years who is going where ..

we here in the netherlands always make a bet with my motor m8s on who is going where, and when hehehehhheh. keeps it fun
Red Bullie is offline Find More Posts by Red Bullie
Old Jul 27, 2010, 08:51 AM
Occasional useful idiot...
Joined Nov 2009
1,395 Posts
Quote:
Only because it involves (statistically one of the greatest ever riders) Vale and (statistically one of the greatest crew chiefs) Jeremy Burgess.
Enjoy it while it lasts I say, when those two retire it's likely to get a whole lot quieter...
Jonathan Bradbury is offline Find More Posts by Jonathan Bradbury
Old Jul 27, 2010, 09:41 AM
Bryson Ca.
Joined Feb 2010
53 Posts
Valle

The Prince of Maranello will ride Ducati and then drive for SF, the Prancing Horse!!!! Ricardo.
nano cup is offline Find More Posts by nano cup
Last edited by nano cup; Jul 27, 2010 at 10:11 AM.
Old Jul 30, 2010, 04:24 AM
Me Likee Motorbikee
Melbourne Australia
Joined Nov 2009
1,140 Posts
Roll on 2011... let's see who rides what, and how well they do it...

I really hope the second half of this season gets some better races... I know these guys are super fast, and super consistant... but if there's even quarter of a second difference in lap times, the race becomes dull... The tyres are so consistant, and they all have the same ones... the factory bikes are very similar in performance... the electronics are also so very advanced, and very even across most of the teams (with the exception of Suzuki)... these guys often do their fastest lap of the race on the last lap... that's how consistant the package is...

So this begs the question.... why aren't the races closer...???

world super bike seems to have a very similar set up, in that thier bikes are all reasonably close, and they run on a control tyre... so why are their races so much more entertaining..???
Old Jul 30, 2010, 11:21 AM
Joined Jan 2005
2,303 Posts
Quote:

Hey could be worse.Look at nascar,they got to have a pre-race show then a pre-pre race show.Then an after the race show.All of this for a bunch of cars just going around in an oval.LOL

They are trying to build up drama to promote it more.
swheels is offline Find More Posts by swheels
Old Aug 02, 2010, 08:09 PM
Indy
Joined Dec 2006
139 Posts
BadSign is offline Find More Posts by BadSign
Last edited by BadSign; Aug 02, 2010 at 09:17 PM. Reason: joke made in poor taste...sorry.
Old Aug 03, 2010, 06:41 AM
Me Likee Motorbikee
Melbourne Australia
Joined Nov 2009
1,140 Posts
Your joke may have been aimed at me...(and rightfully so), thinking about it I'm a bit of goose... I start a thread to talk about motogp, and then complain about people talking about motogp...

so if you got something to say... this is the place... just tell me to stop whinning...
Old Aug 03, 2010, 12:45 PM
Indy
Joined Dec 2006
139 Posts
It wasn't you at all, or directed at you. just some language I regretted.
BadSign is offline Find More Posts by BadSign
Old Aug 04, 2010, 03:26 AM
Me Likee Motorbikee
Melbourne Australia
Joined Nov 2009
1,140 Posts
Just read that Yamaha will not allow Rossi,or Burgess, to ride or even view the the 2011 M1, if they're not planning on hangin around... Sounds fair enough to me...

No need to give the oposition a sneak peak at your new toy...

But in typical sensationalist headline style, the front of the Aussie magazine says "Rossi Banned"

I don't think Ducati will be giving Casey too much in the way of insight into their new bike eigther...
Old Aug 04, 2010, 02:43 PM
Occasional useful idiot...
Joined Nov 2009
1,395 Posts
The plot thickens (slightly)

The BBC has this on their website regarding the Ducati/Rossi rumours.

Quote:
Ducati say they have not completed a deal to sign Valentino Rossi despite rumours that the seven-time MotoGP world champion was set to move. The Fiat Yamaha rider is widely expected to join the Italian team next season following Casey Stoner's exit.
"Recent news which has appeared on websites has been misreported and must be attributed to the many rumours circulating lately," said a statement.
"Whether and when a deal is reached an official press release will be issued."
The key is in the first three words of the last sentence, ''Whether and when''.
Seems signing Rossi wasn't the easy deal they thought it was going to be, and if a deal can't be brokered and all the Yamaha seats are filled what then?
Honda? No way!
Suzuki? Maybe when he was 27 but not at 31 and near the end of his MotoGP career.
Kawasaki? They couldn't afford a MotoGP team nevermind Rossi.

Best guess is if Rossi isn't on 2 wheels next year it will be on 4 in WRC, he will be at least as fast as Kimi (Raikkonnen) in his first year and generate more sponsorship money/publicity than Ken Block.

It would be a shame to see him leave GP's but I'll gladly watch him compete in the rallies, it would be worth the trek to freeze my arse off in a cold, wet Welsh forest stage in November to see him.
Jonathan Bradbury is offline Find More Posts by Jonathan Bradbury