SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Jun 20, 2010, 08:08 AM
Joined Jan 2005
2,303 Posts
Randi got ruffed up bad.Casey Stoner might be back folks!

BEN SPIES!!!!! The whole paddock is saying how he's down on power compared to the other bikes.LOL Nicky is finally coming to grips with that his duc.

But man BEN SPIES This kid is the real deal for sure! I swear they don't wanna put him on a factory bike because the know what would really happen. Hey who was on Rossi bike???? I didn't see it was even in the race???? They should ask Rossi who wants to ride for him.You know who he would probably name.LOLOL It was a GOOD RACE!!!!!!!!
swheels is offline Find More Posts by swheels
Last edited by swheels; Jun 20, 2010 at 08:22 AM.
to remove ads between posts
Old Jun 20, 2010, 04:49 PM
Indy
Joined Dec 2006
139 Posts
Fiat decided not to put anybody on the 46.

Spies was on fire. And Stoner looked good, but he has to quit botching it early. Hayden looked strong, but I think he used his tires up chasing down Dovizioso.
BadSign is offline Find More Posts by BadSign
Old Jun 20, 2010, 05:47 PM
Me Likee Motorbikee
Melbourne Australia
Joined Nov 2009
1,140 Posts
Jerremy Burgess was on OZ telecast last night saying, personaly he doesn't Want a replacement for Rossi... reason being the 6 engine rule, they don't want to burn up engines for the sake of it... But most likely we'll see Edwards onboard Rossi's rig... Burgess also raised a good piont about Spies... Why put the guy under increased pressure to perform in a team he doesn't know for just a few races, when it's very likely he will be on a factory bike next season anyway... And the reality is, the bikes aren't that far apart anyway (did you see Lorenzo's top speed ?)

Hayden rode really well too, just a few small mistakes, and one being on the last lap... Pretty small error though... Missed his apex by about 1 metre and only lost the one position...
Lukey B is offline Find More Posts by Lukey B
Old Jun 20, 2010, 06:41 PM
Joined Jan 2005
2,303 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lukey B View Post
Jerremy Burgess was on OZ telecast last night saying, personaly he doesn't Want a replacement for Rossi... reason being the 6 engine rule, they don't want to burn up engines for the sake of it... But most likely we'll see Edwards onboard Rossi's rig... Burgess also raised a good piont about Spies... Why put the guy under increased pressure to perform in a team he doesn't know for just a few races, when it's very likely he will be on a factory bike next season anyway... And the reality is, the bikes aren't that far apart anyway (did you see Lorenzo's top speed ?)

Hayden rode really well too, just a few small mistakes, and one being on the last lap... Pretty small error though... Missed his apex by about 1 metre and only lost the one position...
I don't know about pressure on Spies.Trust me he's able to deal with it and either rise to the ocassion or keep it reasonable with means of the bike.Everybody keep saying the tech 3 and fiat is very similar.But yet just today the announcer's has stated that the whole paddock knows that the tech3 yamaha's are way down on HP compared to the rest of the bikes.So if that's what they mean by being the same,well i'd hate to see what they call different.LOL
Ben set Nicky up for that last past to perfection.Ben was watching Nicky's bike closely and seen where it was getting out of shape.When Nicky was grabbing some throttle.Plus the pressure Ben was putting on him didn't help Nicky either.Ben took him to school on that one.
Old Jun 24, 2010, 12:29 PM
Indy
Joined Dec 2006
139 Posts
First practice is over;
1. Jorge
2. Stoner
3. Nicky
4. Edwards
5. Dovi
6. Pedrosa
7. Espargaro
8. Spies

Looks like Ducati has the 2nd best bike, has Stoner got his head on straight?

If Edwards is sitting 4th, what will Ben do eventually?
BadSign is offline Find More Posts by BadSign
Old Jun 24, 2010, 02:43 PM
Occasional useful idiot...
Joined Nov 2009
1,402 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by BadSign View Post
If Edwards is sitting 4th, what will Ben do eventually?
I'm interested in finding out, Spies really did well at Silverstone, however I think Col should beat him at Assen though. He has always run well there.
Jonathan Bradbury is offline Find More Posts by Jonathan Bradbury
Old Jun 25, 2010, 06:03 AM
Me Likee Motorbikee
Melbourne Australia
Joined Nov 2009
1,140 Posts
Just had a look at the free practice 2 times.... Spies has some 12kph over the honda's.... and even 8 kph over Lorenzo.... now that's not a slow bike !!!!
Old Jun 25, 2010, 01:42 PM
Joined Jan 2005
2,303 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jb. View Post
I'm interested in finding out, Spies really did well at Silverstone, however I think Col should beat him at Assen though. He has always run well there.
Spies has been at the TT assen track and has won there in FIM,So i wouldn't put any money down on that bet yet.

Quote:
Just had a look at the free practice 2 times.... Spies has some 12kph over the honda's.... and even 8 kph over Lorenzo.... now that's not a slow bike !!!!
Was he in the draft??? Or flat out by himself???? he could have just been getting a better drive out of the turn that's all.Straightline speed really deosn't translate to much of anything.LOL
Infact 2 0r 3yrs ago i believe In AMA superbike racing the Kawasaki zx10 had THEE most Hp out of all the bikes on the grid.They never won 1 race or even touched the podium.Heck they didn't even see a top 5 position at all.LOLThe suzuki's were the slowest bike threough the speed trap but Mat and Ben would be well over 10sec to over 18secs over 3rd place.
Old Jun 25, 2010, 03:26 PM
Me Likee Motorbikee
Melbourne Australia
Joined Nov 2009
1,140 Posts
totally agree with you there.... top speed don't meen jack.... it's just interesting how people like to use it as a reason for a rider winning or losing... depending on which rider it was they want to win.....

see previous post .....

Quote:
I think the speed trap must be right at the braking zone.... Nicky Hayden has the very same top speed as Spies.... and Hector Barbera has a top speed of only 295.7... compared to Dani Pedrosa' s 310.8......

Top speed doesn't tell the whole story.... and the fastest guy may have been drafting other bikes aswell, while the slowest guy down the the chute may have been out there all alone....

too many variables.....

But I gotta agree.... Stick Big Ben on the factory bike.... with Jeremy Burgess and crew....

Horse power and top speed only tell a little bit of the story.... and you can't read how well the suspension operates, nor can you read on motogp.com what the tyre wear is like, or how good the bike is under brakes and turn in....

Just yanken the chain....
Old Jun 26, 2010, 06:45 AM
Post Falls, ID United States
Joined Feb 2004
4,336 Posts
Watch live on race days... http://www.motogp.com/en
click on Live Now
Chris Nicastro is online now Find More Posts by Chris Nicastro
Old Jun 27, 2010, 04:17 AM
Me Likee Motorbikee
Melbourne Australia
Joined Nov 2009
1,140 Posts
Lorenzo really has his stuff together..... He's going to be a hard guy to beat.... I read an article a while back from Lorenzo's suspension man...(don't recall his name) he said Jorge is without doubt the most tenacious rider he has worked with... and he's worked with all the current fast guys in motogp...including Rossi... The mechanic said that when they have done all they can to dial out the problems with the bike and still haven't been able to give Lorenzo what he wants... He then changes his riding style get the most out of the problem area of the track... Most riders complain they can't do this or that...and that becomes their limit... Lorenzo just makes it work !!!

I wonder if he will stay with Yamaha next season ?
Old Jun 28, 2010, 12:22 PM
Occasional useful idiot...
Joined Nov 2009
1,402 Posts
Rumours reported by the BBC trackside is they have offered Lorenzo an $8 million deal to stay and Rossi $9 million, Ducati have been rumoured to have offered Rossi $15 million with an opportunity to transfer to Formula 1 in 2012. I don't think that would be Rossi's best bet, he has far more rally car experience and would have a longer career in WRC if he switched to four wheels.
Lorenzo I think might be setting his own prices later this year, he certainly looks a strong bet to wrap up the title now.
Jonathan Bradbury is offline Find More Posts by Jonathan Bradbury
Old Jun 28, 2010, 04:29 PM
Joined Jan 2005
2,303 Posts
Ok C. Crotchlow who had declined to ride the #46 Rossi bike instead of the other way around.
Old Jun 29, 2010, 06:15 AM
Me Likee Motorbikee
Melbourne Australia
Joined Nov 2009
1,140 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by swheels View Post
Ok C. Crotchlow who had declined to ride the #46 Rossi bike instead of the other way around.
????? Cal Crotchlow was offered a ride on the M1 you say....??

how could that have got past the rookie rule ?

And given how frequently he chucks the R1 down the road, it would be a brave man to give him the fastest bike on the planet to play with....
Old Jun 29, 2010, 02:22 PM
Joined Jan 2005
2,303 Posts
Quote:
????? Cal Crotchlow was offered a ride on the M1 you say....??

how could that have got past the rookie rule ?

And given how frequently he chucks the R1 down the road, it would be a brave man to give him the fastest bike on the planet to play with....
Yep! of all people,LOL I do think Cal has some motogp experience?????

On that note, poor Roger Hayden he's always so far in the back of the pack in FIM superbikes.That i constantly forget he's even racing.... J Desalvo the samething man it must suck for those guys.To go from once known heroes to zeroes.