HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jun 05, 2010, 05:08 PM
never stop building
Memphis, TN USA
Joined Apr 2009
966 Posts
i feel sorry for Rossi, home track big race for the fans and now he may be out for who knows how long..the injury is not looking good from what i heard the bone was exposed thought the skin so he may be out all season..my thought are with him...get well soon Rossi
dragbikebam is offline Find More Posts by dragbikebam
to remove ads between posts
Old Jun 05, 2010, 06:05 PM
Occasional useful idiot...
Joined Nov 2009
1,406 Posts
Absolutely gutted about this one, it was shaping up to be a great tussle through the season between the prince and pretender, now it just seems Lorenzo will wrap this championship up unless Dani or Casey can get their act together and win the title.
I bet I'm not as gutted as my friend who took his zx6r from the UK to mugello just to watch Rossi race, I expect a big frown on his face when he gets back!
Jonathan Bradbury is offline Find More Posts by Jonathan Bradbury
Old Jun 12, 2010, 05:26 AM
Me Likee Motorbikee
Melbourne Australia
Joined Nov 2009
1,140 Posts
Yeah.... poor old Rossi..... not good to see anyone get injured.... He's been so lucky up until now.... a few good crashes in his time, but never any serious injuries.... The operations have apparently gone really well... so lets hope for a full recovery....
Lukey B is offline Find More Posts by Lukey B
Old Jun 12, 2010, 08:38 AM
Joined May 2009
969 Posts
Hello Bionics hehe hes now TI better than bone ~
Risknreward is offline Find More Posts by Risknreward
Old Jun 12, 2010, 03:24 PM
Joined Jan 2005
2,308 Posts
This will be very interesting to see how Rossi bounces back.Being how he's never had a real serious injury before.Also wondering who are they going to let ride for him????? Collin Edwards???? I'm thinking Ben Spies would be a better bet! I know i'd be knocking on Ben Spies door right after they hualed Rossi off.I know it sounds cruel but it sems playing nice doesn't win races on the fullsize machines.
swheels is offline Find More Posts by swheels
Old Jun 12, 2010, 04:57 PM
Me Likee Motorbikee
Melbourne Australia
Joined Nov 2009
1,140 Posts
I don't think Spies will be allowed to step up this season due to Rookie Rule, I'm sure the rule states ' a rookie must complete one full season on a satalite machine ', so it will be interesting to see what happens here.....

Scratching my head to think of a replacement....
Edwards..... Maybe... He's eligable and proven performer
Toseland.... Doubtfull given his past expirience, and not exactly setting wsbk paddock on fire...
Carlos Checa.... Could be a long shot, but he has ridden for the factory yamaha team before, and he is riding well at the moment.
Spies.... Obvious choice, but unsure of elegability...
And now my pipe dream....
Troy Bayliss.... He's fast, and available, and unlike the rest, he isn't under a contract now

it's hard to think of riders that will be allowed to ride a factory bike, if the rules allow a rookie to ride as a replacement, then the story changes dramaticly...
Old Jun 12, 2010, 06:13 PM
Joined Jan 2005
2,308 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lukey B View Post
I don't think Spies will be allowed to step up this season due to Rookie Rule, I'm sure the rule states ' a rookie must complete one full season on a satalite machine ', so it will be interesting to see what happens here.....

Scratching my head to think of a replacement....
Edwards..... Maybe... He's eligable and proven performer
Toseland.... Doubtfull given his past expirience, and not exactly setting wsbk paddock on fire...
Carlos Checa.... Could be a long shot, but he has ridden for the factory yamaha team before, and he is riding well at the moment.
Spies.... Obvious choice, but unsure of elegability...
And now my pipe dream....
Troy Bayliss.... He's fast, and available, and unlike the rest, he isn't under a contract now

it's hard to think of riders that will be allowed to ride a factory bike, if the rules allow a rookie to ride as a replacement, then the story changes dramaticly...
AAAHHHH but there might be a loop hole in there somewhere.Becuase Rossi will be returning and Rossi is the soul rider and the #46 will still remain on the bike.(I do believe) Ben would have been just a part time rider. I Swear i think they made up the rookie rule just so some of the vets racing in motogp could save face.LOL Could you imagine some rookie coming along from another race orginization and winning the championship their 1st year in motogp.What are the odds of that happening.LOL
I'd like to see Troy B come back but he's retired and i don't think he'd be up to it.If anything he needs to go back to FIM and help Ducati out cuase they're getting their butts handed to them.
Old Jun 12, 2010, 07:30 PM
Me Likee Motorbikee
Melbourne Australia
Joined Nov 2009
1,140 Posts
The latest on Bayliss is that he will return to WSBK next year.... of course for Ducati.... and for sure he's up to it... Ducati ran a private test at mugello a few weeks back and after only a handfull of laps, Troy went over a second faster than any Ducati superbike has ever been around there.... I know track conditions vary alot, and times from yesterday may be very different to times run tommorow.... but the guy is a hero... let me day dream for just a little bit longer...... please.....
Old Jun 13, 2010, 12:33 AM
Joined May 2009
661 Posts
i'd say put Edwards on Rossi's bike then put Mat Mladin on the vacant Tech3 bike along side Spies, just like the old days of Yoshimura Suzuki. that would be interesting to watch.
Torrance is offline Find More Posts by Torrance
Old Jun 13, 2010, 05:56 AM
Joined Jan 2005
2,308 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lukey B View Post
The latest on Bayliss is that he will return to WSBK next year.... of course for Ducati.... and for sure he's up to it... Ducati ran a private test at mugello a few weeks back and after only a handfull of laps, Troy went over a second faster than any Ducati superbike has ever been around there.... I know track conditions vary alot, and times from yesterday may be very different to times run tommorow.... but the guy is a hero... let me day dream for just a little bit longer...... please.....
LOL well ducati really needs him bad! I really thought Haga would finally win his championship this year. I like Troy too and i usually would put my money on Troy.But Biaggi on that Aprilia keeps getting stronger and stronger.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Torrance View Post
i'd say put Edwards on Rossi's bike then put Mat Mladin on the vacant Tech3 bike along side Spies, just like the old days of Yoshimura Suzuki. that would be interesting to watch.
Man i'd love to see Mat comeback and race anything.LOL He's probably watching the AMA races and laughing to himself,saying he can still whip these guys with ease.LOL I think Yoshumira still owns Mat(LOL)he probably can't get on any other bike but a suzuki.LOL It would be great though to see how Mat would deal with riding a motogp machine.
Here we go Troy on a ducati,Mat on a suzuki and Ben on his yamaha racing in wsbk. Then the same group racing on the AMA circuit.Heck i'd like to see Troy B come on over race on the ama circuit for a few races and see how well he'd do.
Old Jun 17, 2010, 04:17 AM
Me Likee Motorbikee
Melbourne Australia
Joined Nov 2009
1,140 Posts
Pretty bummed about now..... Troy Bayliss has announced that he WON'T be returning to racing next year....

Again he was faster than both the regular factory riders, and everyone else at the recent tests at world ducati week.... I guess I will just have to keep watching old replays to get my Bayliss fix....

anyone heard if there is a replacement for Rossi yet ??

Also just read "The Texas Driller Killer" - Kevin Schwantz (my all time favorite rider) is spearheading a moto2 team for a wild card ride at Indy with Roger Lee Hayden in the seat... could be an up hill battle...
Old Jun 19, 2010, 12:15 AM
Indy
Joined Dec 2006
139 Posts
So I'm checking Session 1 practice results at Silverstone- Spies is 5th overall but has the 13th fastest top speed.

So I don't think I'll need to repeat myself when I say... Just slap the Monster stickers on Rossi's bike and let Ben go at it!
BadSign is offline Find More Posts by BadSign
Old Jun 19, 2010, 02:21 AM
Me Likee Motorbikee
Melbourne Australia
Joined Nov 2009
1,140 Posts
I think the speed trap must be right at the braking zone.... Nicky Hayden has the very same top speed as Spies.... and Hector Barbera has a top speed of only 295.7... compared to Dani Pedrosa' s 310.8......

Top speed doesn't tell the whole story.... and the fastest guy may have been drafting other bikes aswell, while the slowest guy down the the chute may have been out there all alone....

too many variables.....

But I gotta agree.... Stick Big Ben on the factory bike.... with Jeremy Burgess and crew....
Old Jun 19, 2010, 11:18 AM
Indy
Joined Dec 2006
139 Posts
Good point, though I think there's a little truth to my theory.

Next question:
Are all the Hondas ridiculously fast, or is it DePuniet, or is it LCR? A privateer nearly took pole and outqualified the factory team. Should Dovizioso be sweating?
BadSign is offline Find More Posts by BadSign
Old Jun 20, 2010, 03:47 AM
Me Likee Motorbikee
Melbourne Australia
Joined Nov 2009
1,140 Posts
If DePuniet could do it consistantly... maybe Dovi would have to be worried... but I'm pretty sure Dovi is younger than DePuniet..... and Dovi races much better than he qualifies.... while DePuniet does the opposite.... having said that.... Randy has been on good form lately.... and he did a fine job to place on the front row....