SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old May 09, 2010, 08:37 AM
Me Likee Motorbikee
Melbourne Australia
Joined Nov 2009
1,140 Posts
You may have a point with the johny rea, James toseland comparison, don't know if I really like the rookie rule, having to run on a satalite bike for the first season ( unless you you sign for Suzuki then you're exsempt from that rule )

1 year is along time in racing, and if you're forced to ride a slower bike than the front running guys, then you are gunna hurt the ego....
You can absolutely ride the wheels off the bike, have the race of your life, and still finish 6th, it does play games with your mind, if there is a place go then there's light at the end of tunnel, but it really does appear there's a shortage of race winning bikes available at the moment.....

4 to 6 winning bikes on offer, and a truck load of fast guys all deserving of a place in one of only 3 teams....
Lukey B is offline Find More Posts by Lukey B
to remove ads between posts
Old May 09, 2010, 11:24 AM
Joined Jan 2005
2,306 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lukey B View Post
You may have a point with the johny rea, James toseland comparison, don't know if I really like the rookie rule, having to run on a satalite bike for the first season ( unless you you sign for Suzuki then you're exsempt from that rule )

1 year is along time in racing, and if you're forced to ride a slower bike than the front running guys, then you are gunna hurt the ego....
You can absolutely ride the wheels off the bike, have the race of your life, and still finish 6th, it does play games with your mind, if there is a place go then there's light at the end of tunnel, but it really does appear there's a shortage of race winning bikes available at the moment.....

4 to 6 winning bikes on offer, and a truck load of fast guys all deserving of a place in one of only 3 teams....
I really thought King James was gonna give them hell in motogp.Till i seen what team he went to.I said well he back to wsbk in no time. That has got to suc we want you race but we don't want you to win!
I can't figure out for the life of me why would they make up a rule like that.It's like they are afraid some rookie will come along and win the title in his first year of motogp.LOL
Suzuki LOL when was the last time they've seen a podium finish???? They're not even beating out the satalite teams.LOL so i guess they don't pose threat no matter who's riding for them. That's gotta suck for them. Hey don't worry about the rookie rule.You can get anybody you want to ride you guys suc that bad.LOL Yep motogp is starting to seem like to much politics is beginning to take place.
swheels is offline Find More Posts by swheels
Old May 09, 2010, 06:37 PM
Me Likee Motorbikee
Melbourne Australia
Joined Nov 2009
1,140 Posts
Yeah politics suck...... just stick a fast rider on a fast bike, and see if he can win races.... who cares what country he's from, I find it hard to call these guys team riders... alot of them are simply a cash cow... alot of spanish riders getting rides based on the size of their wallet... and then Dorna kicking money into sign certain riders from certain countries....

It's not enough to be a good rider anymore... those days seem to have ended in the mid 90's when riders like Sete Gibenau started to bring in the dollars.....
Old May 09, 2010, 09:04 PM
Joined Jan 2005
2,306 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lukey B View Post
Yeah politics suck...... just stick a fast rider on a fast bike, and see if he can win races.... who cares what country he's from, I find it hard to call these guys team riders... alot of them are simply a cash cow... alot of spanish riders getting rides based on the size of their wallet... and then Dorna kicking money into sign certain riders from certain countries....

It's not enough to be a good rider anymore... those days seem to have ended in the mid 90's when riders like Sete Gibenau started to bring in the dollars.....
Yep i agree. WSBK was insane! King James is back crotchlow( is that how you spell it?)If he keeps it together,oh man it's be great! That aprilia is SICK!!!!!
Jonny Rea has to do some serious soul searching,i mean some serious soul searching. He lost his bike LOL crashed got up and went looking for his bike,but it was gone.LOL
Old May 10, 2010, 12:56 PM
Post Falls, ID United States
Joined Feb 2004
4,370 Posts
Something that would be interesting and I have never seen it done much is to take the lape times per Class for the same track and overlay the lap times. Has to be for the same season because things have changed from one season to the next, rules, tires etc. I guess you can compare seasons but you have to take into consideration what those changes were.
Anyway I think doing that now and going forward to 2012 we will get to see if opening up MotoGP to production bike parts is going to creep into the territory of WSB and Moto2. It would be cool to see exactly where all the classes are today and see the spread to get an idea of the performance difference and watch where it goes from here.
WSB expressed concern that if MGP goes to a more open format for production based bikes or engines & parts allowed in the class that it will conflict with their format. That is a valid concern and it would be ridiculous for the premier class to be reduced to that level, its the tip of the sword class for racing and developments.
Chris Nicastro is offline Find More Posts by Chris Nicastro
Old May 10, 2010, 03:09 PM
Trowbridge UK
Joined Oct 2006
1,212 Posts
wsbk is a strong this year, good riders on good bikes, motogp kind of sucks at the moment with 6 riders on good bikes and only enough just enough bikes on the grid for to be called a world chapionship, (15 bikes = no racing in the FIA rules)
Whitham69 is offline Find More Posts by Whitham69
Old May 11, 2010, 02:47 AM
Joined May 2009
661 Posts
what i'd like to see is something like Moto2 but without a spec engine. but... i'd like to see a standard engine mounting bolt pattern (like we have in RC) so that teams can mix and match any chassis with any engine.
Torrance is offline Find More Posts by Torrance
Old May 21, 2010, 01:34 PM
I'm hooked on RC Moto
Berkeley
Joined Jun 2006
1,145 Posts
I love the lean angle these guys get. I find it hard to believe there is any tire left at that point.
stubbyphilips is offline Find More Posts by stubbyphilips
Old May 21, 2010, 03:17 PM
United States, CO, Jamestown
Joined Jun 2006
294 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by stubbyphilips View Post
I love the lean angle these guys get. I find it hard to believe there is any tire left at that point.
These guys are doing the Four-Stroke, feet-on-the-pegs, controlled slide boogie

We need tires that will stick like that.
Nolan Farmer is offline Find More Posts by Nolan Farmer
Old May 22, 2010, 01:28 AM
Joined Jan 2005
2,306 Posts
Oh yeah absolutely sick! The only time i get that low on my little miniSB.When i have a frontend tuck that i was to late to save.
Old May 23, 2010, 11:24 PM
Me Likee Motorbikee
Melbourne Australia
Joined Nov 2009
1,140 Posts
Did watch the french gp ? Casey had it even lower than that on lap 3 !
Old Jun 02, 2010, 04:58 AM
Me Likee Motorbikee
Melbourne Australia
Joined Nov 2009
1,140 Posts
Motogp rolling into Mugello.... just two more sleeps....!!!!

This season seems to be going sooooo...slooowly....

a little off topic...... the world supers have been really good races of late... except for last round at Salt Lake City... plenty of things happend.... but the races were quite dull to watch.....
Old Jun 02, 2010, 06:09 AM
germany
Joined May 2004
350 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nolan Farmer View Post
These guys are doing the Four-Stroke, feet-on-the-pegs, controlled slide boogie

We need tires that will stick like that.
At the Grenoble worlds track we had that much grip on last saturday that we were able to drive lean angles of 22 with 010 PMT Slicks.

The pictures are "borrowed" from the french forum.
Thanks to the guy who made them!
dan duesentrieb is offline Find More Posts by dan duesentrieb
Old Jun 05, 2010, 02:12 PM
never stop building
Memphis, TN USA
Joined Apr 2009
952 Posts
well Rossi is out..horrible hi side broke his tibia..surgery is happening now..moto GP just got a little less interesting. Lorenzo will most likely run away with the championship now..im still rooting for the pesky Pedrosa he did tq in Italy
dragbikebam is online now Find More Posts by dragbikebam
Old Jun 05, 2010, 04:47 PM
Joined Jan 2005
2,306 Posts
Yep he's out! Dam! Well anybody wanna take bets that he will be leaving yamaha???????The seasons is still early though so who knows. I hope Stoner can stay his duc so he can challenge Lorenzo.