HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jan 03, 2013, 08:42 AM
Trowbridge UK
Joined Oct 2006
1,212 Posts
Being a bike fan i had to take a picture today of the truck, Wish i was allowed to post the picture inside as that not something you get to see very often

We got the mercades twin truck hospitality unit as well but F1 really sucks
Whitham69 is offline Find More Posts by Whitham69
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 09, 2013, 12:49 PM
Trowbridge UK
Joined Oct 2006
1,212 Posts
I dont have a HGV liecnece but was allowed to move the truck into the work shop today, It strange seeing a F1 truck parked next to a MotoGP truck, dont think i ever seen that in all my years of watching on TV or track side, guess it might happen at muggelo

Old Jan 09, 2013, 06:23 PM
Me Likee Motorbikee
Melbourne Australia
Joined Nov 2009
1,140 Posts
Yeah the only thing an F1 car is any good for is to take to it with a hack saw... Straight down the guts from front to rear... Then you got yourself two motogp bikes...

Are you allowed in the trailer..?
Lukey B is offline Find More Posts by Lukey B
Old Jan 10, 2013, 11:42 AM
Trowbridge UK
Joined Oct 2006
1,212 Posts
Yeah it just a big red computer really, some of the banners and sponsors stuff is kept underneath. There a hydro ramp at the top which is from the old Ferrari days (cars sat on top).

I only worked this place 4 months so it pretty intresting to me, the other guy's dont like it cos it more work for them to do. It just not something you expect to see at work.
Old Jan 10, 2013, 08:01 PM
Post Falls, ID United States
Joined Feb 2004
4,378 Posts
For me Im glad to see Stoner go, I never liked his character and poor sportsmanship. Dont let the door hit you in the arse on the way out! ( FLAME SUIT ON)

Rossi will be fine on a Yamaha and I hope he thrashes the field including JL because in my opinion he was forced to waste time on the Ducati even though he was racing they were just not a competitive bike no matter who rode it. Who knows what the real story is why they couldnt build the right chassis, who resisted the changes, who blocked development, etc. hard to say but I believe that Rossi and his CF JB couldn't get them to build a more Japanese like bike....cause it works!

Lets see what happens with JL on the team with Rossi. I know there will be friction just wait for it. JL is like Biaggi and Sete in a way he is very emotional when its going bad for him and then it unravels from there. I dont think he is as strong mentally as he needs to be especially with a guy like Rossi on the same bike as him. When they raced together before he was #2 on the team and learning racecraft. Now with a couple more seasons and championships he will expect to be given top priority in the team.

Winter go away so we can see MotoGP!
Chris Nicastro is offline Find More Posts by Chris Nicastro
Old Jan 10, 2013, 09:36 PM
Me Likee Motorbikee
Melbourne Australia
Joined Nov 2009
1,140 Posts
Chris... You owe me 2 minutes of my life back...

I can't believe you would post such mindless dribble...

Yes 2 minutes... I'm a slow reader...

Now back to the real hard hitting stuff... Anyone heard who the title sponsor for the Yamaha team is gunna be yet... I wanna know what colour (yes it is spelt with a "u" here in Australia, no matter how many times my iPhone wants to auto correct it...) to paint my fresh GPV1 fairings...
Old Jan 10, 2013, 09:42 PM
New Zealand, Canterbury, Christchurch
Joined Feb 2011
104 Posts
I thought Monster had signed as the new sponsor for Yamaha Factory Racing (JL & VR) but dont quote me on that
rcmotogp is offline Find More Posts by rcmotogp
Last edited by rcmotogp; Jan 10, 2013 at 09:44 PM. Reason: .
Old Jan 10, 2013, 09:45 PM
Me Likee Motorbikee
Melbourne Australia
Joined Nov 2009
1,140 Posts
Yeah I heard the same... But they still have a contract with tech 3 also... So I dunno...
Old Jan 10, 2013, 10:22 PM
Joined Feb 2004
4,378 Posts
Just because your an Aussi... I know, national pride and all that. Fact is we tried to do business with him and his mom is his agent. Venom AU contacted his mom to see about a license deal for the GPV project and even they said it was impossible to deal with them. Then theres his attitude, nothing is his fault, wont accept an appology, his flippant comments, and so on. Now Ive been out of the latest news and highlights for a while but I do remember what I saw and what we dealt with so my comments are not unfounded.

And... If you havent noticed Im a huge Rossi fan which is why, today, you get to think about the next colour scheme on your GPV-1 2006 Camel MZ-1 Yamaha inspired body work.
;-)
Old Jan 11, 2013, 12:37 AM
Me Likee Motorbikee
Melbourne Australia
Joined Nov 2009
1,140 Posts
Yes I gathered that was the reason behind the gpv1 shape...

I hear what your sayin about Casey Stoner, I have been lucky enough to talk to the guy in person a few times ( through mutual friends from the domestic racing circus)
He appears to be a very genuine person... Totally miffed as to why people want his autograph, want a Photo, want a replica bike, or just to meet him...
He is a simple guy, who has role models of his own, but not necessarily heroes... And he places absolutely no value on money what so ever... Other than it brings his family a certain level of comfort... So that may be where the hassle may come from... Take a look at his website, the merchendice is almost non exsistant, the news updates and months behind... It's only due to his repsol contract he had to keep a blog in 2012...

He wants to ride motorcycles, really fast ones, and that's about it...
He isn't, wasn't, and won't be a PR machine...

For his achievments in the sport I give him 10/10 from where he came from, and where he went...
For his media achievements (compared to some others) I give him maybe, 2/10...
But I don't see that as being "unsportsmanlike" call it as you see it, no need to butter it up and make a spectacle of it...
It is Motorcycle Racing... Not Big Brother...
Old Jan 11, 2013, 04:46 AM
Occasional useful idiot...
Joined Nov 2009
1,406 Posts
Monster Energy deal confirmed by Azi. https://twitter.com/AziFarniBBC/stat...04980674445312
Jonathan Bradbury is offline Find More Posts by Jonathan Bradbury
Old Jan 11, 2013, 05:47 AM
Joined Feb 2004
4,378 Posts
The unsportsman like conduct that caught my attention was the rain race in which Rossi came in hot and lost the front end. He took Stoner out mid corner. Later Rossi sincerely appologized and Stoner made a very rude remark spoken quickly and you could see Rossi didnt quite catch it but continued to say sorry. Then again Stoner was very short with another rider on camera in similar fashion. Then the comments about the sport and so on... Im taking my ball and going home. Anyway, not impressed with him but yes a great rider and competitor.
Old Jan 11, 2013, 06:10 AM
Joined Jan 2012
150 Posts
Chris, I think I know the incident you refer to - didn't Stoner say " Your ambition outmatched your ability..." or something to that effect??

I agree with you on that particular incident - Casey was out of line, but of course these guys are at the very pinnacle of the sport and coming second.....well, you know.

They are two very different characters. I have always enjoyed Rossi - immense talent and has almost single handed carried the sport in terms of media expsosure and all that brings for nigh ona decade.

However, his time has passed. There is no way he will outpace JL (much as I really want someone to knock hum off his perch!!)...I know, thats my bad character trait!! But really, come on, VR has had an amazing career and of course wiull still be competitive, but I can see no way that he canb again be a WC.

Now Stoner needs tro be considered in terms of his achievements. This is a very young man. He led the HRC team. He took the Duke to a WC - amazing!! He has stunning bike control and I think in years to come his achievements will finally be recognised. In some ways he is like Doohan. Fairly shy - not a Mamola or Schwantz who love the limelight, but rather they live for racing motorcycles. The PR?? - to them, they see it for what it is - pure BS, but comes with the job, so they do what they are contracted to do...does not mean they are happy with that part of the job, they weant to be on track, testing, improving the bike - with one goal in mind - winning.

Anyway - for me, I kind of lost interest when they banned 2 strokes. Now that was REAL motorcycle racing.

And Casey Stoner recently stated that only a return of 750cc and 500cc 2 strokes would entice him back - now in my book, that makes him a worthy WC and a real racer.
zander749 is offline Find More Posts by zander749
Old Jan 11, 2013, 06:21 AM
Joined Feb 2004
4,378 Posts
Yep thats the one, and you could maybe get away with that comment to a lesser rider... But to consider saying that to a guy like Rossi is just plain dumb. Then you consider what was said and he just looks like a poor sport and smart arse.

I consider any rider who repeats a WC title to be a true champ otherwise, to me, he is just the best guy for the year.
Old Jan 12, 2013, 03:54 AM
Trowbridge UK
Joined Oct 2006
1,212 Posts
Im not a big cassy fan but i have to give him credit, As a WC he pushed alot of safty rules though and he stood up for the whole grid when he thought that the riders were being put in danger, good world champion on that count

Rossi had a bit weak field when he won his titles with Doohan out the way, seta, kenny jr, predro bot, barros, carlos, hayden. all good riders but not consistant compertition for him.