HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old May 09, 2012, 04:24 AM
flexwing addict
midlands uk
Joined Sep 2004
2,676 Posts
ive been waiting for some of the motogp softys to start slagging off crutchlows riding style and dovis started already about cals superbike 'aggressive' riding style

stuff em crutchlow show em what proper racing is
mark675 is offline Find More Posts by mark675
to remove ads between posts
Old May 17, 2012, 08:27 AM
Occasional useful idiot...
Joined Nov 2009
1,402 Posts
NW 200 on tonight at 1800 BST and the big races on Saturday 1045 BST

All races live here with none of the usual BBC UK only restrictions. Worldwide feed! http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/norther...nd/motorbikes/

Then the GP from LeMans on Sunday. I'm going to have to be peeled off the chair after this weekend
Jonathan Bradbury is offline Find More Posts by Jonathan Bradbury
Old May 17, 2012, 10:29 AM
Joined Nov 2009
1,402 Posts
Did not see that one coming. Casey to retire!!!

Quote:
@motogp: Casey Stoner announces his retirement at the end of the 2012 MotoGP season at Le Mans
Quote:
@AziFarni said after a lot of years sacrifcing his family in the sport he loves its time to stop as the passion is lost

"over the years there have been things in the sport that have disappointed but also things ive loved. now the balance has tipped''

Rossi meanwhile has announced his intention to stay another 2 years. both he and Lorenzo agreed CS retirement will be a big loss to MotoGP
Old May 17, 2012, 12:57 PM
Joined Jan 2005
2,303 Posts
Not a good day but maybe he will change his mind at the end of the season.

Rossi came out and said he will stay for 2 more years. This should be interesting as it seems likely departure this [coming] winter of his legendary chief engineer and mentor, Australian Jerry Burgess, for personal reasons."
swheels is offline Find More Posts by swheels
Old May 19, 2012, 11:18 AM
London, England
Joined Jul 2010
72 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by swheels View Post
Not a good day but maybe he will change his mind at the end of the season.

Rossi came out and said he will stay for 2 more years. This should be interesting as it seems likely departure this [coming] winter of his legendary chief engineer and mentor, Australian Jerry Burgess, for personal reasons."
What Rossi now go straight to Repsol Honda !!
PUMA937 is offline Find More Posts by PUMA937
Old May 20, 2012, 07:54 AM
Joined Jan 2012
97 Posts
Valentino fantastic!!!!!
streetracer is offline Find More Posts by streetracer
Old May 20, 2012, 08:02 AM
Joined Jan 2005
2,303 Posts
wow I gotta say Rossi took to Stoner that time.
Old May 20, 2012, 04:19 PM
Editor, RCCA
Joined Nov 2004
3,174 Posts
Yeah, the first couple of tries didn't stick, but with just 1.5 laps to go, it was "do or die".
Guidoracer is offline Find More Posts by Guidoracer
Old May 22, 2012, 07:01 PM
Post Falls, ID United States
Joined Feb 2004
4,343 Posts
Camon Stoner....retiring from MGP? Really bud? Again I say he's a soft champion. Great rider no doubt but not the type to last in the sport obviously. He has his reasons Im sure and thats fine.
Great to see Rossi finally getting something out of the bike even if it was in the rain. I would like to see him him succeed with Ducati but if they cant or wont do whats needed even with Audi money then he has to go back to Honda or Yamaha or something else. Lets see what happens, my money is on him staying for the pride of Italy! lol
Chris Nicastro is offline Find More Posts by Chris Nicastro
Old May 22, 2012, 08:20 PM
Joined Jan 2005
2,303 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Nicastro View Post
Camon Stoner....retiring from MGP? Really bud? Again I say he's a soft champion. Great rider no doubt but not the type to last in the sport obviously. He has his reasons Im sure and thats fine.
Great to see Rossi finally getting something out of the bike even if it was in the rain. I would like to see him him succeed with Ducati but if they cant or wont do whats needed even with Audi money then he has to go back to Honda or Yamaha or something else. Lets see what happens, my money is on him staying for the pride of Italy! lol
Yeah Stoner said he doesn't like the direction that motogp is heading towards.
Rossi stated that he will stay with duc.But if they can't get the duc up to speed. He kinda hinted that the possibility of him joinning another team is not off the table.
Old May 23, 2012, 01:29 PM
Post Falls, ID United States
Joined Feb 2004
4,343 Posts
Well the FIM and MGP have changed directions many times since he has been racing and now he decided he has had enough...ok. I was not a fan of the first change away from the 500's to the 4 stroke 1 liter class until we all saw they are faster and better to ride.

He obviously knows more than he is letting on about the future direction of the sport and perhaps that is more worrisome than we can imagine.

I believe that like F1 the MGP formula should be and always remain as the top class in the world. The idea that they are trying to make the racing closer and cut expenses to me is ridiculous. The spirit of the game here is maximum development, creativity and engineering on all fronts. It should push people to do the best and be the most creative they can be and less restriction on the rules. If you cant afford it then you dont belong in the class. Build up some other support classes below to generate more money and let teams participate in them as well as the top class if they want to.
Anyway the way F1 is so ridiculously over regulated down to rules governing your driving intentions make the sport simply lame. If Stoner sees that this is the direction and future of MGP then I may just side with him about the state of affairs but I dont support him quitting, he should stick it out make millions and change the sport from within like Rossi has if he feels so strongly about it.
Chris Nicastro is offline Find More Posts by Chris Nicastro
Old May 23, 2012, 05:07 PM
Joined Nov 2009
1,402 Posts
The problem with the comparison to F1 is that companies involved in F1 generate a lot more revenue and net profit verses bike component suppliers/manufacturers ever can.

The rules even four years ago was leant toward attempting to curb cost, hence the ban on Ti etc...

However, it does not really spell all doom and gloom, after all, it wasn't too long ago you could buy an RGV500 for the road, I think WSB just filled a gap that was lost when the 750 class went and GP's went more technical. It is just returning closer to it's roots these days.

Yes, I would love the GP to be balls out development, but the costs really have soared. The bikes now are valued at $1m each. With full on test programs and anything goes, how much then? $7m+? The prices for bespoke tyres would be eye watering for qualy alone, and every top flight motorsport has tried to reign that price in in different ways.

Speaking of which, I can't think of any branch of motorsport that has not had it's wings clipped by regulation regards costs. There is no ultimate F1 or WRC cars etc any more.

I blame the English Premier League Football. If only Roman Abramovich et al was interested in engines instead of dunderheads kicking leather bladders about...

Edit: Just had a thought, the only motorsport without finance restrictions are LSR attempts, but even they struggle to find finance. Thrust SSC cost 2.8m all in and they never found a primary sponsor. Considering the huge global publicity when it did M1.02, that's cheap advertising.
Last edited by Jonathan Bradbury; May 23, 2012 at 06:32 PM.
Old May 24, 2012, 06:34 AM
Me Likee Motorbikee
Melbourne Australia
Joined Nov 2009
1,140 Posts
As an Aussie I'm devastated by the news of Casey retiring at the ripe old age of 26... And at the top of his game on the most sort after seat in motogp...

But he has many a good reason... Money means very little to Stoner, he doesn't require all the flash cars and such to justify his status, he has nothing left to prove to himself or anyone else...
Casey openly states he can't stand working with the media, being mis-quoted, and taken out of context constantly has built him into an abrupt and understated character... But it's what comes with territory of being a motogp star, and just one of many reasons he has given for his departure...

Remember he has been away from home living in foreign speaking countries for around 12 years now... That's a F$*% load of time to be " of no fixed adress"...

Anyway... I'm really sad to see him go... And ponder who will take his seat...
Time for Repsol Honda to shake some sh;/ up... Let the "never quite there" Pedrosa go... Bring Jorge in as lead rider (spanish rider for Spanish team) and the second bike would go pretty good with Stefan Bradl on board...

Now onto Yamaha... Spies may have let his chance go if he doesn't get some results soon, and this could be the opening for Crutchlow... And maybe even Rossi could jump back on "old faithful" as the lead rider again...

Ducati... They may want another Italian onboard, and this might be the only way Dovi can get another factory seat... But who's gunna ride shotgun..? Hmmm maybe... Pedrosa... But I seriously doubt he would go far from Honda...

Tech 3... I'd like to see Hayden, and Pol Espagaro step up ( I don't reckon Bradley Smith really deserves that seat)

LCR... Will surely have Marqeze on board...( maybe at Gresini )

Gresini... Bautista could stay on...

Hhmmm only time will tell, but that's my little fantasy teams list so far...
Lukey B is offline Find More Posts by Lukey B
Last edited by Lukey B; May 24, 2012 at 06:39 AM.
Old May 24, 2012, 09:58 AM
Joined Jan 2005
2,303 Posts
I don't know much but it sorta seems like CS is whinning then if the media is part of the reasons he's quiting.
Old May 24, 2012, 06:45 PM
Me Likee Motorbikee
Melbourne Australia
Joined Nov 2009
1,140 Posts
Yeah I spose you could look at like that... But I think he's so direct and a no Bull Shite sorta person, he gets very annoyed at people playin games... It's a very Aussie trait... Say it as you see it... Mick Doohan was very much the same... Always appeared to be whinging about slower rides and stuff...
Even Garry McCoy to an extent... Nothing ever gets sugar coated...

That's one of things I loved about Kevin Schwantz... He said his piece, made his point, kept smiling and went about his business... No head games, just get on and ride the bastard flat out...

But it's just one of the many reasons Stoner has given... Pretty simple as I see it... He's not not havin much fun anymore... So would why would you stay..?
Lukey B is offline Find More Posts by Lukey B