HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Oct 06, 2011, 12:57 PM
Trowbridge UK
Joined Oct 2006
1,212 Posts
i thought Rossi had the gp12 of sorts since assen, but it had a sleeved motor to race. I seen testing times at mugello and it a 1 second quicker with the unsleved motor, One of the problem with this bike is the swing arm pivot, they dont have enough options to move it and cant get the rear grip, couple that with the carbon chassie and a strange feel on the front. like someone said earlyer i can see them building a delta box chassie instead of the monocock they have now and the steel treils they used before in early motogp and WSB.

Issue i think they have is the money spent on tooling for creating carbon chassie and someone at the top not wonting to see this investment go to waste by moving to ally.
Whitham69 is offline Find More Posts by Whitham69
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 10, 2011, 04:55 PM
Occasional useful idiot...
Joined Nov 2009
1,402 Posts
Dovi has signed for Tech 3! http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/motogp/15240191.stm

Didn't expect that one!
Jonathan Bradbury is offline Find More Posts by Jonathan Bradbury
Old Oct 11, 2011, 05:55 AM
Me Likee Motorbikee
Melbourne Australia
Joined Nov 2009
1,140 Posts
yeah I read that... I was sorta hoping that Stefan Bradl was gunna take that seat...

and was pretty sure Dovi would stay on a Honda... I guess it would be big kick in the guts when you're running third in the world championship ranks, for a factory team, on good money... then to be told... 'take a pay cut champ or we'll have to drop you... oh... and you can't them fast bits anymore now... and did we mention it will also be in another team too..."
Lukey B is offline Find More Posts by Lukey B
Old Oct 18, 2011, 05:32 AM
Me Likee Motorbikee
Melbourne Australia
Joined Nov 2009
1,140 Posts
Well it's time to get on here and start sproutin how good Casey Stoner is again...

Nah it speaks for its self this time...

World Champion 2011...

And Bradl back into the lead of moto2 aswell... also Johan Zarco has closed the gap to Nico Terol in the 125's...

All in all was a pretty dull days racing really... good things happened in the result side of things... but the actual racing was pretty turd...

How's poor old Jorge Lorenzo... we were only about 50metres from where he fell... he walked right in front of us, a few guys around had Lorenzo flags and stuff, and he said, very calmly, "thank you... but my hand really hurt...fk... sorry no signature now..."
he's even polite when he's got half his finger mashed off...
Old Oct 18, 2011, 10:01 AM
Big thrills w/o hospital bills
Brisbane, Australia
Joined Sep 2003
3,739 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lukey B View Post
Well it's time to get on here and start sproutin how good Casey Stoner is again...

Nah it speaks for its self this time...

World Champion 2011...
Nice way to spend your birthday anyway..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lukey B View Post
How's poor old Jorge Lorenzo... we were only about 50metres from where he fell... he walked right in front of us, a few guys around had Lorenzo flags and stuff, and he said, very calmly, "thank you... but my hand really hurt...fk... sorry no signature now..."
he's even polite when he's got half his finger mashed off...
So did they find the rest of his finger or has one of those die hard JL fans got it in a jar on the shelf at home..? Seriously though, would have been a more interesting race with JL in the mix..
scaulfi is online now Find More Posts by scaulfi
Old Oct 18, 2011, 09:12 PM
Me Likee Motorbikee
Melbourne Australia
Joined Nov 2009
1,140 Posts
Nah don't think they did find it... But they had a good look... The lap before he fell Jorge set a time only 0.050sec off Casey... The closest anyone got all weekend...

So for sure... It would've been very different with Lorenzo there pushing...

And what a Birthday it was hey...
5 wins in a row on home soil ( I think the only person to have ever done that )
Honda's 60th riders title...
The constructors title (I think)
And the World Championship...
Old Oct 19, 2011, 02:19 AM
Occasional useful idiot...
Joined Nov 2009
1,402 Posts
It will be interesting to see his career in a couple of years time.

He has five years to get three more titles before he hits Rossi's current age to match Doohan's five titles. At that point I think the next bunch of whipper snappers will be coming through and Barbera/Bautista/Simoncelli will be hitting their peak and Lorenzo won't be sat idly by in those years. Ducati should have a decent ride-able bike by then too. He has an awful lot of talent but he's certainly going to have to work hard to match Doohan. He has a chance, I hope he grasps it with both hands.

Not sure he will match Rossi's seven titles though, that would be as likely as the Stone Roses reforming. Oh no wait, they have...
Jonathan Bradbury is offline Find More Posts by Jonathan Bradbury
Last edited by Jonathan Bradbury; Oct 19, 2011 at 02:43 AM.
Old Oct 19, 2011, 03:14 AM
Me Likee Motorbikee
Melbourne Australia
Joined Nov 2009
1,140 Posts
I'm not sure Stoner cares for chasing records much... He said his carreer won't be nearly as long as some other riders, and he has alot of things he wants to do away from racing...

So we gotta make the most of him while his here...
Old Oct 24, 2011, 02:26 PM
Post Falls, ID United States
Joined Feb 2004
4,350 Posts
Thanks Simo!
Chris Nicastro is offline Find More Posts by Chris Nicastro
Old Oct 24, 2011, 02:34 PM
never stop building
Memphis, TN USA
Joined Apr 2009
936 Posts
...motogp will not be the same....will be missed most dearly.. hard to smile today
dragbikebam is offline Find More Posts by dragbikebam
Old Nov 06, 2011, 06:02 PM
Me Likee Motorbikee
Melbourne Australia
Joined Nov 2009
1,140 Posts
Well guys... That's another year over... Some very sad moments and memories, and some very good things aswell...

Congratulations go out to Casey Stoner, Stephan Bradl and Nico Terol... The big winners for 2011...

Casey did an awsome job with his speedway style of powersliding the bike into, through, and out of the turns... Jaw dropping to watch...
Stoner won the first 800cc race and world title for Ducati... And the last 800cc race and world title for Honda... He was certainly the dominate rider of that era...

Now to see what the 2012 1000cc season brings when it kicks off tomorow (Tuesday)

Jorge Lorenzo did another great year, with the exception of missing the last three races... And a DNF aswell, so four non scoring rounds for Lorenzo... And still he finished second in the championship...

The rest of field really seemed to have a pretty mixed bag... None more so than the Ducati outfit... The Team that EVERYONE expected to have alot more than two podiums(I think, one each for Rossi and Haydon) hopefully things turn around with the new bike and we see them back at the front...
Old Nov 08, 2011, 06:45 PM
Joined Jan 2005
2,303 Posts
Well ducati has went to the twin spar chassis. I knew eventually it would have come to this. I only felt this way becuase it seems this is what Rossi is use to.(IMO). On that note Rossi really liked the bike and it look very good according to laptimes. Next year might be kind good after all.
swheels is offline Find More Posts by swheels
Old Nov 09, 2011, 04:20 PM
Post Falls, ID United States
Joined Feb 2004
4,350 Posts
Its more forgiving and has better elasticity to comply with torsional loads in corners especially. The other chassis designs were just too rigid and difficult to set up. Until they come up with a new version that can do what a twin spar can do they will just have to go with what works.
Chris Nicastro is offline Find More Posts by Chris Nicastro
Old Nov 13, 2011, 04:36 AM
Trowbridge UK
Joined Oct 2006
1,212 Posts
intrested time being set by the new 1000cc, Honda look to set for the new season with stoner and pedrobot at the top the yam looking good with spies in 3rd, and Randy and the susi getting 4th on the 800. The CRT teams are not in the ball park but to be expected at this point in time
Whitham69 is offline Find More Posts by Whitham69
Old Nov 13, 2011, 06:37 AM
Me Likee Motorbikee
Melbourne Australia
Joined Nov 2009
1,140 Posts
Yeah very good to see the Yamahas and Hondas are pretty close... Roll on Stoner and Lorenzo 2012...

I can't see the CRT bike ever getting too close, Ducati had a proven race wining bike at the start of 2011, they are a big company ( relative to a CRT team) with alot of experience, a championship winning crew, one of the best riders in the world, and a bloody fast motor shoved in there too... And after throwing alot of different bits and pieces at the thing, they have still struggled...

So what is small team starting from scratch with a small budget, and a hotted up street bike donk gunna achieve..?

Don't get me wrong, I would love to see a tiny team from "way out west of I dunno where" go out and put the big boys in their place. Show the world what can be done with a little ingenuity... I just don't think it's gunna happen in this day and age of engineering and electronics... It's not 1954... It's 2012... Please Colin... Prove me wrong, and put the number 5 bike up on the podium...