HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Aug 21, 2011, 04:37 PM
Me Likee Motorbikee
Melbourne Australia
Joined Nov 2009
1,140 Posts
couldn't agree more... Poor old Dovi had to really fight with Honda to keep his seat in the HRC squad for this season... aparently his performance based contracted was agreed that if he was in the top five in the championship come the Luguna Seca round (2010), he would retain his place in the factory team for 1 more year... which he obviously was, and did... But Honda tried real hard to move him on to a satelite team (with factory machinery)...

So come 2012... Dovi will get the boot from the Repsol team for sure...
Dani Pedrosa has been with Honda since he first came to gp's on the 125... and even before tha in Spain...

As for the bikes being the same, the factory team compared to factory bikes in a satelite team... I think they start out the same at round one, then as the updates and improvements start rolling in the repsol boys get them first, but I'm sure that's all performance based aswell... if one of satelite guys was winning races and looking at the championship, he would get all the fancy bits first... just like Sete Gibenau did all those years ago...
Lukey B is offline Find More Posts by Lukey B
to remove ads between posts
Old Aug 25, 2011, 09:09 AM
Joined Jan 2005
2,299 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lukey B View Post
couldn't agree more... Poor old Dovi had to really fight with Honda to keep his seat in the HRC squad for this season... aparently his performance based contracted was agreed that if he was in the top five in the championship come the Luguna Seca round (2010), he would retain his place in the factory team for 1 more year... which he obviously was, and did... But Honda tried real hard to move him on to a satelite team (with factory machinery)...

So come 2012... Dovi will get the boot from the Repsol team for sure...
Dani Pedrosa has been with Honda since he first came to gp's on the 125... and even before tha in Spain...

As for the bikes being the same, the factory team compared to factory bikes in a satelite team... I think they start out the same at round one, then as the updates and improvements start rolling in the repsol boys get them first, but I'm sure that's all performance based aswell... if one of satelite guys was winning races and looking at the championship, he would get all the fancy bits first... just like Sete Gibenau did all those years ago...
I would have to go back and find the article.But i read that Simoncelli was on a factory honda just with different colors.
Here's some interesting reading.

The Factory Yamaha team will not impose any 'official' team orders, in an attempt to help Jorge Lorenzo's flagging 2011 MotoGP title hopes.

Heading into this weekend's Indianapolis round, Repsol Honda's Casey Stoner has built a 32 point lead over Lorenzo, whose team-mate Ben Spies is 109 points from the top in sixth. There are seven rounds and a potential 175 points remaining.

Earlier in the year, Lorenzo indicated that he felt team orders were appropriate if only one rider in a team was fighting for the title.

"If your partner can help you - and they are not fighting for the championship - we are a team, no?" said the reigning champion. "Our salary is coming from our brand, so the partner should help you if it is possible.

"MotoGP is not like soccer, but it is still a team and success for the brand is very important."

With Spies finishing in front of Lorenzo just once this season - during his debut MotoGP victory at Assen, where Lorenzo was knocked down on the opening lap - the question of team orders might sound academic.

But Spies outperformed Lorenzo as a satellite Yamaha rider in front of his home fans at Indianapolis last year, qualifying on pole and finishing second to Dani Pedrosa in the race.

The Texan is therefore expected to be in victory contention again this season, but Lorenzo - third at Indy last year - should expect no 'official' favours.

"We've never given official team orders and have no plans to do so!" a Factory Yamaha team spokesman told Crash.net. "I'm sure you remember Motegi last year!"

At last year's Japanese GP, title leader Lorenzo and then team-mate Valentino Rossi - out of championship contention - battled ferociously for third place, which eventually went to Rossi following contact between the pair.

After the race, Lorenzo and his side of the garage felt the level of resistance offered by Rossi had been disproportionate.

"Valentino took too many risks and touched Jorge a couple of times, which should not have happened when Jorge is fighting for the championship," said Lorenzo's team manager Wilco Zeelenberg.

Meanwhile Stoner, winner of six races this year, is firmly against team orders of any kind.

"I don't think there should ever really be team orders," said Stoner. "It's not football. You're not all on the same team, playing for the same thing. We're each our own
swheels is offline Find More Posts by swheels
Old Aug 25, 2011, 10:45 AM
Post Falls, ID United States
Joined Feb 2004
4,290 Posts
So I read that as Lorenzo is looking for some sympathy and Stoner could care less because he is in the lead. Last I noticed it was TEAM Repsol Honda and TEAM Yamaha not Stoner Honda and Lorenzo Yamaha and so if the TEAM Principle decides you need to work together to win a championship then one guess what your doing! The team has to answer to the their sponsors and the obvious purpose is to win and maximize advertising and exposure potential and last I checked back markers dont get a lot of coverage.

No bucks no Buck Rodgers!
Chris Nicastro is offline Find More Posts by Chris Nicastro
Old Aug 25, 2011, 02:28 PM
Trowbridge UK
Joined Oct 2006
1,195 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quartza View Post
Im sure Pedrosa will sign again. Repsol requires that HRC must have at least one Spanish rider.
marc marquez and stoner are my bet for next year, with Sica to help development, Dani to private honda as he brakes himself every time he falls off and has no chance of winning a title no matter how fast he is
Whitham69 is offline Find More Posts by Whitham69
Old Aug 25, 2011, 02:33 PM
Trowbridge UK
Joined Oct 2006
1,195 Posts
Doh forgot rookie cant enter motogp on factory bike so Dani might get another shot in repsol and marquez on a privateer bike
Old Aug 26, 2011, 01:53 PM
United States, CA, Thousand Oaks
Joined Jun 2005
191 Posts
LOL - Did you guys see that vermin Stoner almost killed in FP2?
PBR600RR is offline Find More Posts by PBR600RR
Old Aug 26, 2011, 03:32 PM
never stop building
Memphis, TN USA
Joined Apr 2009
914 Posts
rc211v close ups

television just doesn't give justice to the speed...we had an awesome day. checked out all 6 practices. there is one place where you can get around 10 foot from the track, its unreal!!!!
dragbikebam is online now Find More Posts by dragbikebam
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: FPM 4 Stroke Nolan Farmer Bike
Old Aug 26, 2011, 04:11 PM
United States, CA, Thousand Oaks
Joined Jun 2005
191 Posts
Nice pics. Where's Adriana? Enjoy the weekend!
PBR600RR is offline Find More Posts by PBR600RR
Old Aug 26, 2011, 05:45 PM
Me Likee Motorbikee
Melbourne Australia
Joined Nov 2009
1,140 Posts
Nice pics man... but I'm askin the same question... where's Adriana..? (I must say I'm little disapointed in her though... falling pregnant to another man and all, even if he is her husband...)
The noise... the speed... it can never be cought on film... and how's the colours of the bikes too..? they look like they glow they're so bright... again, it doesn't come across on the teev...

Casey fastest again, with Spies real close... then a pretty big gap of around half a second to Pedrosa...

Usually when these two are fast on Friday, they just keep gettin faster and leave the others playing catch up all weekend... Fingers crossed anyway...

Have fun there ya lucky bugger... and keep posting pics if have the chance...
Lukey B is offline Find More Posts by Lukey B
Old Aug 26, 2011, 06:32 PM
never stop building
Memphis, TN USA
Joined Apr 2009
914 Posts
hey it was only the first day give me a little time ... had a close encounter with Ben Spies during lunch, he rolled by on a scooter with his tire tech. only a few feet away from where we were eating everyone went nuts because it was after the first session.

yes, they do seem to glow their so bright, the Ducati's are extra bright...all the bikes are very very cool looking in real life nothing like on tv...
RCG Plus Member
Last edited by dragbikebam; Aug 26, 2011 at 06:40 PM.
Old Aug 27, 2011, 12:36 AM
Trowbridge UK
Joined Oct 2006
1,195 Posts
It a shame that suzuki arn't letting the young girl ride this weekend. but nice they let her have ago on thursday for winning an AMA event

What the was that critter cassy nealy hit, looked like a beaver or a large ferret
Old Aug 27, 2011, 10:14 AM
Joined Jan 2005
2,299 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by PBR600RR View Post
LOL - Did you guys see that vermin Stoner almost killed in FP2?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EBUcG7xZB-g
swheels is offline Find More Posts by swheels
Old Aug 27, 2011, 03:32 PM
never stop building
Memphis, TN USA
Joined Apr 2009
914 Posts
Saturday

more pics
RCG Plus Member
Last edited by dragbikebam; Aug 27, 2011 at 03:55 PM.
Old Aug 27, 2011, 03:48 PM
New Zealand, Hawke's Bay, Napier
Joined Apr 2007
187 Posts
Hope Ben gets a good start. I think Casey will be off on his own. Mostly I hope they haven't told Ben to move over and let Jorge past, like I think he would even consider it.

Damn having to wait another day to see this one.

Cheers
Peter
Pedro51 is offline Find More Posts by Pedro51
Old Aug 27, 2011, 04:20 PM
Joined Jan 2005
2,299 Posts
Should be a good race, yeah i hope Ben gets a good start also. Even more so i hope Dani gets out front so that way he can slow the field up a bit.

1. Casey Stoner AUS Repsol Honda 1m 38.850s
2. Ben Spies USA Yamaha Factory Racing 1m 39.373s
3. Jorge Lorenzo ESP Yamaha Factory Racing 1m 39.629s
4. Dani Pedrosa ESP Repsol Honda 1m 39.947s
5. Andrea Dovizioso ITA Repsol Honda 1m 40.024s
6. Colin Edwards USA Monster Yamaha Tech 3 1m 40.098s
7. Marco Simoncelli ITA San Carlo Honda Gresini 1m 40.204s
8. Nicky Hayden USA Ducati Marlboro 1m 40.244s
9. Alvaro Bautista ESP Rizla Suzuki 1m 40.333s
10. Hector Barbera ESP Mapfre Aspar 1m 40.360s
11. Cal Crutchlow GBR Monster Yamaha Tech 3 1m 40.620s
12. Randy de Puniet FRA Pramac Racing 1m 40.815s