HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jul 24, 2011, 09:25 PM
If u aint 1st your last
Sydney, Australia
Joined Mar 2010
1,580 Posts
Damn i missed it last night , glad to here Casey won though.
Throttlejunkie is offline Find More Posts by Throttlejunkie
to remove ads between posts
Old Jul 24, 2011, 09:49 PM
newcastle Australia
Joined May 2004
667 Posts
thats cause it wasn't on last night here in Aus. Telecast started at 6:30 this morning.
test driver is offline Find More Posts by test driver
Old Jul 24, 2011, 10:12 PM
If u aint 1st your last
Sydney, Australia
Joined Mar 2010
1,580 Posts
Im a dummy , well in that case damn i missed it this morning.

Go Casey.
Throttlejunkie is offline Find More Posts by Throttlejunkie
Old Jul 25, 2011, 10:13 AM
Post Falls, ID United States
Joined Feb 2004
4,290 Posts
You the see how amazed The Boz was about the LCR Honda? That must be frustrating to be too old to compete in MGP but get to ride in a race. Im not really sure why he pulled it off, some issue he wasnt comfortable with or something. Must have been just awesome to get to ride with the aliens.
Chris Nicastro is offline Find More Posts by Chris Nicastro
Old Jul 25, 2011, 11:53 AM
Trowbridge UK
Joined Oct 2006
1,195 Posts
Ben pulled off with quick shifter problems. Best race i seen this year 1.21 is fast round there.
Whitham69 is offline Find More Posts by Whitham69
Old Jul 26, 2011, 03:51 AM
Me Likee Motorbikee
Melbourne Australia
Joined Nov 2009
1,140 Posts
I think Ben Bostrom pulled in because he could keep a decent pace (compared to the rest of the field ) he said something like..." I keep missing the backshift, and running deep... And I have a superbike race later on... The bike is exelent, but the rider can't ride the bikes speed..." or something to that affect...

As you say Chris, what an awsome expirience...

But for me Ben Bostrom has never gathered back the form he had when he first went to the world supers for L&M Ducati...

So having said that, I recon it may have been better to give the ride to a young guy who may have a future in motogp...

Don't get me wrong, I really like Bostrom...
Lukey B is offline Find More Posts by Lukey B
Old Jul 26, 2011, 10:22 AM
Joined Feb 2004
4,290 Posts
Right... but I also recall them saying something about a dealership and cooperation between LCR and MJ sports so it may have been part of a promotion as well and he is their top rider in AMA. At least he is surprisingly honest and humbled by the field and bike. I wonder if that has hurt his confidence or helped it. Now he is going to be asking the team to make his race bikes just like MGP bikes....I would!
Old Jul 26, 2011, 01:41 PM
Joined Jan 2005
2,299 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lukey B View Post
I think Ben Bostrom pulled in because he could keep a decent pace (compared to the rest of the field ) he said something like..." I keep missing the backshift, and running deep... And I have a superbike race later on... The bike is exelent, but the rider can't ride the bikes speed..." or something to that affect...

As you say Chris, what an awsome expirience...

But for me Ben Bostrom has never gathered back the form he had when he first went to the world supers for L&M Ducati...

So having said that, I recon it may have been better to give the ride to a young guy who may have a future in motogp...

Don't get me wrong, I really like Bostrom...
I copied and paste:
Ben Bostrom's first MotoGP race ended after eight laps on Sunday at Laguna Seca but not before he set a best race lap faster than regular LCR Honda rider Toni Elias.

37-year-old Bostrom was riding Elias's spare RC212V and, having never ridden an MotoGP bike before Friday practice, spent much of the weekend just over four-seconds off the pace.

Starting 17th and last, home star Bostrom moved ahead of Elias on lap 2 and set his best lap of the race next time around - when he set a time just 2.4sec behind the eventual best race lap of winner Casey Stoner!

But suddenly knocking 1.2sec off his qualifying time wasn't without consequences and, after running off track twice due to his foot hitting the ground, Bostrom elected to retire - rather than crash - at the end of lap 8.

I got a good start and immediately felt very comfortable on the bike," recalled Bostrom. "I improved my lap time by one second, which I was very optimistic about so early in the race.

"But as I was riding so much faster I started having problems in the first corner when I shifted down, because my foot was hitting the ground, and after few laps I made a mistake and went off into the gravel.

"It took me 30 seconds to rejoin the race and I wanted to continue, but the next lap I had the same problem. So I have decided to enter the pits even though the bike was fantastic.
swheels is offline Find More Posts by swheels
Old Jul 26, 2011, 02:26 PM
Joined Feb 2004
4,290 Posts
Thats very cool too bad he couldnt have that adjusted and back on the track.
Old Jul 26, 2011, 03:09 PM
Me Likee Motorbikee
Melbourne Australia
Joined Nov 2009
1,140 Posts
Yeah it was great to hear that he lapped faster than Elias, and to pass him aswell was cool... As i said I like Ben Bostrom... I just thought it may have been better to give a young charger a go...

I have the same opinoin (which is gunna piss you guys off again) about John hopkins, and his wildcard rides this year... and his possable full time return for 2012...

I want to see some fresh faces in motogp... but politics are a bigger hurdle than a riders speed it would appear... I was going to use Karel Abraham as an example (of how politics and position gets you further than talent)... but has really shown better pace and consistancy than he did in moto2...

AAhhhh... wodda I know??? parked at the back of the feild in most sessions are, the first and last moto2 world champion, the last 2500cc world champion, a former 3 time world champion...etc...etc...

these things must really be hard to ride at the limit, which is where they all seem to ride now, on the limit from the first, to the last lap...
Old Jul 26, 2011, 04:53 PM
Joined Feb 2004
4,290 Posts
Well there is always politics thats life.

I like the Hopper and I was very sad for him getting hurt and losing ground in his MGP career. He was very fast for a rookie and did well with the Suzuki and Yamaha. He was the fastest 2 stroke the last year they raced and faster than many 4 strokes.
Same goes for Gary McCoy. That guy can ride! Love his style and then he got hurt and hasnt come back till now.
So some politics and leverage there I'd say, its all about the negotiations anyways.

Once you have raced at this level I guess you have that thirst to keep at it. How could you not with that much machine under you.

So here is a question; How dumbed down must street bikes be if Ben has never rode a MGP bike and says its just awesome and steer way better than anything he has ever riden? He has made a career racing produciton based bikes that are modified for racing and he is impressed! MGP bikes must be from another planet then! I ride and I have different bikes but that just makes me wonder what level these guys are at these days just for some perspective on the subject.

Cool stuff! Best sport in the world!
Old Jul 27, 2011, 12:15 PM
United States, CA, Thousand Oaks
Joined Jun 2005
191 Posts
Thought I'd share this. Kinda cool.

http://www.montereycountyweekly.com/...sh-on-saturda/
PBR600RR is offline Find More Posts by PBR600RR
Old Jul 30, 2011, 10:48 AM
never stop building
Memphis, TN USA
Joined Apr 2009
914 Posts
Indianapolis

Anyone going to Indianapolis?..I reserved my tickets and hotel yesterday. Very excited because it will be my first attendance to a Moto GP race..its a very big deal to me. I got the paddock tickets right in front of pit lane and start/finish line. All three day pass...cant wait...
dragbikebam is offline Find More Posts by dragbikebam
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: FPM 4 Stroke Nolan Farmer Bike
Old Jul 30, 2011, 03:05 PM
United States, CA, Thousand Oaks
Joined Jun 2005
191 Posts
Very nice! Here's a tip if you want autographs - Wait in the paddocks during warm-up on Sunday. Unless, of course, you NEED to watch it. But with 3 prior sessions, I always skipped warm-ups to wait in the paddocks. The riders are usually more relaxed and sign more. Also, not many people hang out there when the big dogs are on the track. I have all the autographs and pics I wanted. Have fun! Don't forget the ear plugs and air horn!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragbikebam View Post
Anyone going to Indianapolis?..I reserved my tickets and hotel yesterday. Very excited because it will be my first attendance to a Moto GP race..its a very big deal to me. I got the paddock tickets right in front of pit lane and start/finish line. All three day pass...cant wait...
PBR600RR is offline Find More Posts by PBR600RR
Old Jul 30, 2011, 05:35 PM
Me Likee Motorbikee
Melbourne Australia
Joined Nov 2009
1,140 Posts
Oh Yeah... You're gunna love it... First time ehh..? The sound of the bikes is incredible when they scream past at full throttle... And being opposite the pits, you'll be able to hear them at idle... Raw, brutal horse power... That sounds like an old Greek fishing boat as they gurgle and splutter at low rpm...

You lucky bloke... I have to wait til mid October when they come down here to Oz...

Have fun mate...