Old Jul 01, 2011, 07:44 PM
Me Likee Motorbikee
Melbourne Australia
Joined Nov 2009
1,140 Posts
Yeah he had alot of crashes in gp...

Charlie Chuck it...
Chuck it Checa...

But I think we all should thank Carlos for quality research and development he personally put into the ongoing improvements in motorcycle safety equipment...

But I like him, I recon he's great...

Back to the Simoncelli conversation... I like the guy... He's just so easy to poke fun at when he's crashing all time... Truth is, I would love to be in his position... Young, talented, charismatic, and... Bloody fast...

And we know what Kevin Schwantz (I think it was him) said... "you can teach a fast guy to be consistant, but it's hard to get a slow guy to go fast"...

Simoncelli is a super talent... But for all that speed, he still hasn't put it on the podium yet... Maybe tomorow...
Lukey B is offline Find More Posts by Lukey B
to remove ads between posts
Old Jul 02, 2011, 03:33 AM
Trowbridge UK
Joined Oct 2006
1,210 Posts
Checa has the record for the most crash's in a season in motogp, off the top of my head 58 in one season (only 16 race's then) he got the title of Chris walker and the shell honda V2 with 56.

2012 Duc pic http://ducatiblog.net/ducati-news/37...-superquadrata
Whitham69 is online now Find More Posts by Whitham69
Old Jul 02, 2011, 07:27 AM
Joined Jan 2005
2,303 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Nicastro View Post
Yes he has support but their full effort is in MGP.
You know Checa is a pretty old fellow for MGP right? He rode back in the days of 500GP's when Rossi first started in the class. He is seeing a second wind in his career racing in WSB. Thats different from Mad Max who didnt cut it too well in MGP but has talent. I never cared for Max's character and still dont but he can be fast for sure and WSB has given him a good venue to showcase his talents.
Bayliss developed his career in WSB and then tried MGP and retired.

I wonder what is next for Checa next season because the Smithsonian is going to want their display bike back in the museum...

The new next gen Ducati 1199 Super Bike is getting a little press in the Italian magazines and revealing bits and pieces of info. Looks pretty radical.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lukey B View Post
Yeah he had alot of crashes in gp...

Charlie Chuck it...
Chuck it Checa...

But I think we all should thank Carlos for quality research and development he personally put into the ongoing improvements in motorcycle safety equipment...

But I like him, I recon he's great...

Back to the Simoncelli conversation... I like the guy... He's just so easy to poke fun at when he's crashing all time... Truth is, I would love to be in his position... Young, talented, charismatic, and... Bloody fast...

And we know what Kevin Schwantz (I think it was him) said... "you can teach a fast guy to be consistant, but it's hard to get a slow guy to go fast"...

Simoncelli is a super talent... But for all that speed, he still hasn't put it on the podium yet... Maybe tomorow...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitham69 View Post
Checa has the record for the most crash's in a season in motogp, off the top of my head 58 in one season (only 16 race's then) he got the title of Chris walker and the shell honda V2 with 56.

2012 Duc pic http://ducatiblog.net/ducati-news/37...-superquadrata
Ok i hear you guys.LOL But as if RIGHT NOW can any of you guys name 1 just 1 rider right now that is winning on a Ducati???????? Besides Jason Disalvo in ama. I mentioned Checa becuase he has more wins on a Ducati this year right "now"?????? Yes i know difference class, past crashes,race org. and all. I'm just saying,LOL As of this moment the only title it looks like Ducati might have something to do with.Is WSBK delivered by (to make things look even worst) by old chuck it Checa.LOL So yep Chuck it Checa is looking pretty good right now.
swheels is offline Find More Posts by swheels
Old Jul 02, 2011, 07:40 AM
Joined Jan 2005
2,303 Posts
Lorenzo top fastest in sat free practice session with Marco right behind and Stoner's 3rd. Can't wait to see this one Go Simoncelli work your majic.
Old Jul 02, 2011, 09:02 AM
Me Likee Motorbikee
Melbourne Australia
Joined Nov 2009
1,140 Posts
Hey Hey... Casey bangs it on pole nearly half a second clear...

And Rossi shown the way by his team mate Hayden, AND TWO, privateer bikes in Barbera, and the ROOKIE Abraham...

Swheels... I love Checa... He's great, and doin great things... Clearly a class above the rest at the moment...
Old Jul 02, 2011, 10:04 AM
Joined Jan 2005
2,303 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lukey B View Post
Hey Hey... Casey bangs it on pole nearly half a second clear...

And Rossi shown the way by his team mate Hayden, AND TWO, privateer bikes in Barbera, and the ROOKIE Abraham...

Swheels... I love Checa... He's great, and doin great things... Clearly a class above the rest at the moment...
Yeah, I guess some riders have to age abit them come into their form. Because i know his resume,LOL and i still cannot believe he's riding that old ducati that good. Whereas Haga couldn't do squat in 2010 on the xerox ducati.

I'm pullin for Stoner to take the title from JL! Just to sorta make my point. Lorenzo is good don't get wrong.I just think like a said before IF certain riders wasn't injured or didn't have bad luck that year. I know he wouldn't have won that championship.
DAM! I just looked at the qualifying results. I'm pullin for my boy Ben but i wish Lorenzo was in the middle of that Stoner and Simoncelli sandwhich.LOL All i can say is Stoner and Ben better ride like the wind.Don't worry about swapping the lead until they get clear of Simoncelli. If it happens to pan out that way at after the first few turns.LOL
Last edited by swheels; Jul 02, 2011 at 10:12 AM.
Old Jul 02, 2011, 10:22 AM
Joined Jan 2005
2,303 Posts
Hey does anybody know what the price of adamantium go for these days? Man if they can get that process going like what they did for wolverine. Dani Pedrosa might become untouchable, well at least unbreakable.
Old Jul 03, 2011, 02:51 AM
Post Falls, ID United States
Joined Feb 2004
4,336 Posts
I read Rossi had electrical problems on both bikes and didn't get any track time to set up.
Chris Nicastro is offline Find More Posts by Chris Nicastro
Old Jul 04, 2011, 02:28 PM
Occasional useful idiot...
Joined Nov 2009
1,402 Posts
It just caught my eye at the end where it showed fastest speeds on the straight. Can't find it on the iplayer repeat so can't post the full list but,

a little game to play.

Just who was the fastest through the speed trap???

No, you're wrong, Hector Barbera at 333kmh.

Rossi was third I think with 330kmh.

Stoner was about sixth or seventh at 328kmh.

Ok, the figures are only a snapshot of the bikes whole performance over the whole race but it makes you realise that the Ducati has some power. Now if Rossi and Jeremy Burgess can just work their magic and get the thing to go through the corners and look after it's tyres like the Factory M1 then they are laughing.

Found it. Results and analysis http://www.motogp.com/en/Results+Sta...ITA/MotoGP/RAC

Speed trap and sector times http://resources.motogp.com/files/re...df?v1_640a3796
Jonathan Bradbury is offline Find More Posts by Jonathan Bradbury
Last edited by Jonathan Bradbury; Jul 05, 2011 at 05:51 PM. Reason: Found what I was looking for.
Old Jul 16, 2011, 05:42 PM
Me Likee Motorbikee
Melbourne Australia
Joined Nov 2009
1,140 Posts
Who checked out qualifying..? Was good to watch on the teev... And great for us ozzies too, Stoners pole time was set on soft tyres, but his fastest lap on race rubber was would've still been enough for top spot... But not by too much...

Close times around a short track... Should make for some good racing... I hope...

And The Dream Teams Nightmare continues... Rossi the LAST regular Ducati rider on the grid... It's sorta sad...
Old Jul 16, 2011, 06:36 PM
Joined Nov 2009
1,402 Posts
Yep, Stoner looked at ease doing two wheel drifting during qualy. I might have to try to get that downloaded onto the hard drive. There was a bit at 29:35 where he used countersteer to drop further into the corner, it looked brilliant!

The Ducati team must be sore with all the head scratching, just HOW BAD must the GP11:1 be???

Not one I woud like to work out. JB has a lot of work to do to help his wife recover and then when is back at work to help VR get a sweet handling bike produced.

Poor lad, hope things get better for him and his lass.
Old Jul 16, 2011, 10:50 PM
Joined Jul 2011
7 Posts
Everyone seems to be talking about MotoGP, but what about the 125 class? Have you seem Vinales on Paris Hilton's Team BluSens? This 16 year old can RIDE!

dave
bluzglide is offline Find More Posts by bluzglide
Old Jul 17, 2011, 04:37 AM
Me Likee Motorbikee
Melbourne Australia
Joined Nov 2009
1,140 Posts
Yep you're right, everyone is talkin about motogp... Mostly because they're the fastest riders and the fastest bikes on earth at the moment...

The 125cc are great, as are the moto2 guys... But fact is, alot of these guys are really fast... Until they get to the premier class, then it's a little different...

Don't get me wrong, I love watchin the smaller classes... The racing is great, great riders, and good to see the young guys running up front... ( just watching Mavrick lead the race right now...)
Old Jul 24, 2011, 08:52 PM
Me Likee Motorbikee
Melbourne Australia
Joined Nov 2009
1,140 Posts
Stoner back on top... Yeeer Ha... and another good race to watch too, even though there wasn't really any overtaking...

Nice work from Ben Spies from a poor start... and the Ducati's seem to have taken a small step forward too...

And don't those 50th Aniversary Yamaha's look cool..?
Old Jul 24, 2011, 09:08 PM
Joined Nov 2009
1,402 Posts
I really wish I had captured a screen shot at around 30 mins left of qualy.

You could see the Repsol Honda boys using some beautifully controlled counter steer.

Good race. A shame Crazylegs Crane binned it again, and poor Cal, and Bautista.

Well done to Casey, he kept his head in the early laps and rode faultlessly.