SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old May 15, 2011, 01:15 AM
United States, CA, Thousand Oaks
Joined Jun 2005
198 Posts
Quick! Someone take out Stoner in turn 1 or it'll be a boring runaway race!
PBR600RR is offline Find More Posts by PBR600RR
to remove ads between posts
Old May 15, 2011, 02:14 AM
Me Likee Motorbikee
Melbourne Australia
Joined Nov 2009
1,140 Posts
Rossi can probably help you out there...

Or even Simoncelli...

Stoner was only 3 tenths faster on the soft tyres than the hard... Good race pace...

Poor old Rossi must be hurtin a bit... he has 8 pussies in front of him...

I wonder if Ducati are missing Stoner, and his ability to ride ANYTHING fast..?

Looking forward to the moto2 race... gunna be very close...
Lukey B is offline Find More Posts by Lukey B
Old May 15, 2011, 03:59 AM
scale microlights
midlands uk
Joined Sep 2004
2,688 Posts
love the way stoner gives rossi sh
so used to everyone bowing down and kissing rossi butt that its nice for someone to beat him on track and then play him at his own mind games (even though stoners a winger lol)

dont get me wrong i love rossis personality and his skill and talent is without question but it gets on my nerves when u go to the british gp- when toseland was in it- and all the banks are covered in glory hunting rossi fans instead of supporting our own guy

I always say hes the manchester united of bikes
mark675 is offline Find More Posts by mark675
Old May 15, 2011, 04:13 AM
Ninja Fanatic
Australia, WA, Perth
Joined Jan 2007
297 Posts
Stoner may have blown his pole position in the warm up. Stupid idiot, he really needs to learn some self control.
Jayson is offline Find More Posts by Jayson
Old May 15, 2011, 05:27 AM
Me Likee Motorbikee
Melbourne Australia
Joined Nov 2009
1,140 Posts
What happened there Jayson..? Just heard he was up for a 5000 euro fine... He does get pretty reved up at times hey...
Old May 15, 2011, 05:40 AM
Ninja Fanatic
Australia, WA, Perth
Joined Jan 2007
297 Posts
Punched De Puniet on the shoulder for holding him up. Just remembering Maxwell's disqualification in moto 2 at PI last year had me worried. He definitely isn't winning the PR game at the moment especially doing that to the home rider.
Jayson is offline Find More Posts by Jayson
Old May 15, 2011, 07:50 AM
Joined Jan 2005
2,308 Posts
Yeah that sucked that he did that. He would punch a guy for holding him up on a Qualifiyng lap.But wouldn't punch the guy that took him out in the race.LOL
swheels is offline Find More Posts by swheels
Old May 15, 2011, 10:09 AM
Joined Jan 2005
2,308 Posts
uh ohhhhh could this be the end for Simoncelli stay tuned! Personally i'm starting to think this guy is real low on brain cells.
Old May 15, 2011, 12:20 PM
Ayrshire - Scotland
Joined May 2010
28 Posts
Does that mean that Lorenzos is low on brain cells no make the pass on Dovi?

Is it fair that Lourenzo wasn't penalised?
tavora is offline Find More Posts by tavora
Old May 15, 2011, 02:39 PM
Joined Jan 2005
2,308 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by tavora View Post
Does that mean that Lorenzos is low on brain cells no make the pass on Dovi?

Is it fair that Lourenzo wasn't penalised?
well i didn't see Lorenzo cut across the frontend of somebody and caused them to crash. And the rider ended up with a broken collar bone.
Old May 15, 2011, 05:02 PM
never stop building
Memphis, TN USA
Joined Apr 2009
969 Posts
Im starting to realize that all the bikes are fast and some a little faster on the top end but its coming down to electronics and who has the best electronic engineers and the money to pay them....i wish they would have never started putting any electronics on the bikes other than EFI systems. you cant stop technology when the desire to win is so great. we all know Rossi is the best, i mean come on who else can crash and still win or win a race by 16 sec. because he had a 10 sec. pass penalty..He may be getting older but the skill is still there from what i can see...Ducati needs a win no doubt. i have more respect for them they are an underdog because of all the money yamaha and honda have, poor ol' suzuki i think there just waiting for the contract to be up..
dragbikebam is online now Find More Posts by dragbikebam
Old May 15, 2011, 07:04 PM
Me Likee Motorbikee
Melbourne Australia
Joined Nov 2009
1,140 Posts
Wow... Some pretty gross generalizations there fella'

Rossi the greatest..? Of his era yes (but that's not now) of all time..? It's an un-measurable comparison...

As for the call to ban electronics... Maybe they should've banned the introduction of inverted forks(nuthin wrong the springer front end), disk brakes(the drum brakes are amazing), single rear shock(what's the difference between the twin shock units of the 1960's) arggg bugger it, let's go back to rigid frames, cross ply tyres and steel spoked wheels...

Technology is part and parcel of competition... I would like to less electronics aswell, but that's what makes these bikes so fast... And the fast guys are the ones that win races... The cream will always rise to the top...
Old May 15, 2011, 11:59 PM
never stop building
Memphis, TN USA
Joined Apr 2009
969 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lukey B View Post
Wow... Some pretty gross generalizations there fella'

Rossi the greatest..? Of his era yes (but that's not now) of all time..? It's an un-measurable comparison...

As for the call to ban electronics... Maybe they should've banned the introduction of inverted forks(nuthin wrong the springer front end), disk brakes(the drum brakes are amazing), single rear shock(what's the difference between the twin shock units of the 1960's) arggg bugger it, let's go back to rigid frames, cross ply tyres and steel spoked wheels...

Technology is part and parcel of competition... I would like to less electronics aswell, but that's what makes these bikes so fast... And the fast guys are the ones that win races... The cream will always rise to the top...
I know your right...im just a fan..lol.. i kinda regret posting that. I love techlology and what it has done for bikes. Im just not a fan of the guys winning in this era other than Dani and he has a broken coller bone now..it was a good race
dragbikebam is online now Find More Posts by dragbikebam
Last edited by dragbikebam; May 16, 2011 at 12:21 AM.
Old May 16, 2011, 12:05 AM
Me Likee Motorbikee
Melbourne Australia
Joined Nov 2009
1,140 Posts
Personaly I would love to see a return of the V4 500cc 2 strokes of the early 90's...( that's when the bikes rewarded talent, and the talented riders were tough as nails ) I think half the riders would too...
Old May 16, 2011, 03:14 AM
Occasional useful idiot...
Joined Nov 2009
1,406 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lukey B View Post
I wonder if Ducati are missing Stoner, and his ability to ride ANYTHING fast..?
Mmmm, maybe, maybe not.

Casey had the backing of Ducati regards development and bike set up and in the end, Casey made a rod for his own back there because the bike became more and more aggresive to ride so CS just kept riding it more and more aggresively until last year when it was obvious that it had just gone too far that way, no one else could ride it and it was even chucking CS off. (Winglets on the side of a bike is sheer desperation to find more grip).

With Rossi making the thing more managable and easier to ride then it will be payback next year when the big thumpers are back on the track. (Powerful bike like what Ducati had = Aprilia , make it managable now and that makes the leap in horsepower easier to cope with).

Lorenzo made me chuckle, he had a right face on him all weekend, a couple more like that and I'll bet he tries pinching Dovi's seat next year.
Jonathan Bradbury is offline Find More Posts by Jonathan Bradbury