SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Apr 04, 2011, 02:52 AM
newcastle Australia
Joined May 2004
667 Posts
from what I read in an interview later, Casey was furious at the time but the accident was just that. It was more that the officials all helped Rossi get back into the race and left him to try and get back in by himself.
test driver is offline Find More Posts by test driver
to remove ads between posts
Old Apr 04, 2011, 05:18 AM
Me Likee Motorbikee
Melbourne Australia
Joined Nov 2009
1,140 Posts
Yeah I can appriciate it was a mistake, and the fact Rossi was able to salvage a good number of points was simply luck, and a bit of skill... but with so many guys falling down in last part of the race it really helped him out... and you wouldn't expect any rider to it any differently, you gotta get points where you can...

But Stoner has every right to be pissed... an inocent by stander, taken out by a rookie mistake early in the race...

Personaly, I see it as an act of despiration... just prepared to "go nuts" to make something happen in what looked like conditions that would bring the performance levels of the bikes to a more even ground... maybe just waiting a few more corners, or laps, could have produced a better result...

But hind sight is always 20/20... and I'm just another arm chair warrior giving you my 2 cents...

And on the rest of the feild... what happened to poor old Colin Edwards..? looked like bike problems...

Ben Spies... even he makes mistakes too... Good race from Hayden, hope the ball keeps rolling for him, seems like a real hard worker, nice to see some reward...

roll on round three...
Lukey B is offline Find More Posts by Lukey B
Old Apr 04, 2011, 07:58 AM
Occasional useful idiot...
Joined Nov 2009
1,402 Posts
It made me wonder as I watched the race why Casey didn't up the tempo a bit, he must have read his pit board showing that Rossi was reeling him in.

It was a shame that it all ended in tears for CS but I could hardly blame Rossi for going for it, there was a barn door gap left open and if the positions were reversed, would Stoner have backed off and ruin the rythmn and potential to get up the pointy end especially when running so much faster than those in front? Maybe that little incident will give Casey a wake up call reminding him that to win championships, you've got to 'go for it' wherever you can. (Thank you BBC for showing a clip of Jerez '96 where Doohan does exactly that to Alex Criville on the last lap with Criville ending the race in the gravel trap on the last corner).

I think that marshalls should be banned from placing bets on the race, bit of a joke effort from them to deal with the incident.

Roll on the next one....
Jonathan Bradbury is offline Find More Posts by Jonathan Bradbury
Old Apr 04, 2011, 08:07 AM
London, England
Joined Jul 2010
72 Posts
"When there's a gap you either commit yourself­ as a professional racing driver that is designed to win­ races or you come second or you come third or come­ fifth, and I'm not designed to come third, fourth,­ or fifth. I race to win, and if you no longer go for a­ gap that exists, you're no longer a racing­ driver." Ayrton Senna

Rossi went for the gap and made a mistake, but he DID NOT run into Stoner.
The front end went away and caused him to go down leaving Stoner­ nowhere to go. Im sure if it was any other riders no one would be talking about it.

Like him or love him, Rossi showed what a true champion and sportman he is by apologising straight away. Unlike Stoner who just tried to be sarcastic.

There's no disputing­ Rossi's or Stoner's talent, but they are both­ human and therefore prone to error. Hasn't Stoner dumped it in the gravel 3 times from a winning position.

If anybody thinks­ that this was in anyway intentional on Rossi's­ part, they must be mad. Fantastic race - shame Crutchlow took a tumble.
PUMA937 is offline Find More Posts by PUMA937
Old Apr 04, 2011, 10:46 AM
never stop building
Memphis, TN USA
Joined Apr 2009
936 Posts
yeah that was a crazy race, Very entertaining I laughed I cried it had it all..Too bad we have to wait a month for the next one. Dani will hopfully be 100% although hes not doing to bad so far. I was really out of my chair when Ben was up there too bad for him..Yeah Nicky, take it anyway you can get it LOL.. was a little surprized about Dovizioso thought he would be up there too since his wet win last year i guess he just lost confidence
dragbikebam is offline Find More Posts by dragbikebam
Last edited by dragbikebam; Apr 04, 2011 at 11:35 AM.
Old Apr 04, 2011, 11:35 AM
Julianadorp. the netherlands
Joined Feb 2005
614 Posts
as stated above me as rossi fan could feel for casey stoner . its always terrible to go out in that way. as for the people who helped rossi. first thing they did was pulling from under the bike i also can say stoner has it it right in one part if he waited a couple of corners the oput come should be otherwise. but hey that comment form the great senna says it all . if you see a gap go for it.

sometimes it works and some time you fail in that . but isnt that racing in all its forms.
and breaking with the carbons in the wet . wow that is not so easy as it seems . they have to heat up fast to giv the best breaking and in wet the are not so predictable. but that goes for every rider there,

racing means go for it or not if they never make mistakes then it would be terrible to watch. for me its late breaking and getting the apex right . but the slightest mistake in breaking point or timing lets you go of or worse hehehehheh
Red Bullie is offline Find More Posts by Red Bullie
Old Apr 04, 2011, 02:13 PM
Joined Jan 2005
2,303 Posts
It was a classic ROSSI DIVE BOMB! LOL come from way back and stuff it!
You guys can say he didn't mean to take Casey out.That may be the case but let's think: Ducati frontend suspect ,wet conditions no help there.Along with well' this move works me most of the time in the dry let's try it in the wet.
Dissappointed in Spies yes he does makes mistakes. But when you have 2nd secured in those conditions you don't go try and run down the leader who's got a good distance on you. The season is still early it will come.
Yes i enjoyed the race,lol I told my wife and kids as they watched with me. Watch them drop like flies.LOL

I got a lot more respect for Lorenzo now.He kept his wits about him and did the business!
swheels is offline Find More Posts by swheels
Old Apr 06, 2011, 04:25 PM
never stop building
Memphis, TN USA
Joined Apr 2009
936 Posts
How about the moto-2 races, these dudes are hanging it all out there 40 at a time its as enjoyable as the premier class if not a little more. Iannone is deff. the one to watch I really enjoyed watching him last year despite all his bad luck.
dragbikebam is offline Find More Posts by dragbikebam
Old Apr 06, 2011, 04:34 PM
No Shelf Queens.No Bling
Newark.Nottinghamshire.UK
Joined Jan 2005
2,961 Posts
I like to watch the Moto-2 as well,nearly always some good racing.
Bradley Smith and Scott Redding are Brits.

Allan
Allan Waterfall is offline Find More Posts by Allan Waterfall
Old Apr 06, 2011, 05:08 PM
No Shelf Queens.No Bling
Newark.Nottinghamshire.UK
Joined Jan 2005
2,961 Posts
Hope this link works,it's pretty obvious in the video that Rossi had passed Stoner before the bike went down.
http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/motorsport/12977584.stm

Allan
Allan Waterfall is offline Find More Posts by Allan Waterfall
Old Apr 06, 2011, 07:02 PM
New Zealand, Hawke's Bay, Napier
Joined Apr 2007
203 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by swheels View Post
Dissappointed in Spies yes he does makes mistakes. But when you have 2nd secured in those conditions you don't go try and run down the leader who's got a good distance on you. LOL
Bens comment:

Every corner after I passed him I slowed down, taking it easy then all of a sudden I was on the floor. Obviously it was my mistake, but looking at the data, I was going slower than I had all race. It was one of those things; I think the tyres were the limiting factor today. I think it was a great show for the crowd though!

May be he should have kept pushing on. A long time ago I ran off track on the slow down lap because when I slowed,(a little), my concentration dropped off as well.

Really felt for Colin.

Peter
Pedro51 is online now Find More Posts by Pedro51
Old Apr 07, 2011, 02:17 AM
Joined Jan 2005
2,303 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pedro51 View Post
Bens comment:

Every corner after I passed him I slowed down, taking it easy then all of a sudden I was on the floor. Obviously it was my mistake, but looking at the data, I was going slower than I had all race. It was one of those things; I think the tyres were the limiting factor today. I think it was a great show for the crowd though!

May be he should have kept pushing on. A long time ago I ran off track on the slow down lap because when I slowed,(a little), my concentration dropped off as well.

Really felt for Colin.

Peter
Then i guess Lorenzo was goingg eally slow at the front. Because i could have sworn i heard them say Ben was turning faster laps. I'll have to go back and review.
swheels is offline Find More Posts by swheels
Old Apr 07, 2011, 03:40 AM
newcastle Australia
Joined May 2004
667 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Allan Waterfall View Post
Hope this link works,it's pretty obvious in the video that Rossi had passed Stoner before the bike went down.
http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/motorsport/12977584.stm

Allan
that is true but, if you out-brake yourself into a corner down the inside of another rider, then you are going to be "infront" of them at some point.

The issue here is that to make a pass you need to out brake the opposition (1), stay on 2 wheels (2) and stay on the track (3).
Unfortunately, in this situation, Rossi wasn't able to do all three successfully.
And BTW, I'm a fan of both riders.

It seems that the organisers have taken notice that the help was not equal to both riders and are going to have a inquiry into the situation.

http://www.motogp.com/en/news/2011/F...t+Stoner+Rossi
test driver is offline Find More Posts by test driver
Old Apr 07, 2011, 03:41 AM
Occasional useful idiot...
Joined Nov 2009
1,402 Posts
Lorenzo was the only one near the front who kept his head, rode steady and stayed out of trouble.

I hate to admit it but Jorge is shaping up to be a very real long term threat on the MotoGP grid to anyone chasing the riders title. He seems to have matured perfectly last season after an error prone previous year.
Jonathan Bradbury is offline Find More Posts by Jonathan Bradbury
Old Apr 07, 2011, 06:39 AM
Me Likee Motorbikee
Melbourne Australia
Joined Nov 2009
1,140 Posts
Yeah for sure Lorenzo is a force to be reconed with... You don't win two 250cc and a motogp world title by accident...

But it's only the second round, they've got a long way to go yet...
Lukey B is offline Find More Posts by Lukey B