Joined Nov 2009
1,140 Posts
Not long to go now Nev... I'm hangin out to see "our Casey" rip it up..."
Lukey B is offline Find More Posts by Lukey B
Old Mar 17, 2011, 03:26 PM
Indy
Joined Dec 2006
139 Posts
I have to wonder if Spies (and Simoncelli) is sandbagging a little. He was near the top in every section except intermediate 4- and Lorenzo was fast through there.
BadSign is offline Find More Posts by BadSign
Old Mar 17, 2011, 08:16 PM
Joined Jan 2005
2,303 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by BadSign View Post
I have to wonder if Spies (and Simoncelli) is sandbagging a little. He was near the top in every section except intermediate 4- and Lorenzo was fast through there.
one if theres one thing you can say about Spies,is he'll get it together on race day most of the times. But i believe Stoner has this one in the bag if the bikes stays up on 2 wheels.
I just hope it's a good battle all around. I don't care much about who wins the first race.I just want to see some good battles going on.
I just had a bad thought, I wonder how much of what happened in Japan is gonna affect the Honda's also?
swheels is offline Find More Posts by swheels
Old Mar 18, 2011, 02:41 AM
Australia Qld
Joined Jun 2010
600 Posts
Casey is on fire ,That rcv is looking real stable into corner, much better than last year !
And during the pract session 1 they said maybe it will affect, after Jerez ?

Crazy times Indeed'
Nevped67 is offline Find More Posts by Nevped67
Old Mar 18, 2011, 03:16 AM
Joined Apr 2006
82 Posts
In Italy BASTONER
cip060 is offline Find More Posts by cip060
Old Mar 18, 2011, 09:32 AM
Joined Jan 2005
2,303 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nevped67 View Post
Casey is on fire ,That rcv is looking real stable into corner, much better than last year !
And during the pract session 1 they said maybe it will affect, after Jerez ?

Crazy times Indeed'
Yes,though Ben spies is very confident he mentioned that the honda front runners was testing on Qualifying tires.While the yamaha boys was testing on race tires.He also stated that they weren't going for the faster laptimes,They were aiming at what the bike will do in the actual race on race tires. Ben said it might look bad for the yamaha's on paper but in the actual race.They are where they need to be when it comes to the honda's.
Old Mar 18, 2011, 03:09 PM
Indy
Joined Dec 2006
139 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by swheels View Post
Yes,though Ben spies is very confident he mentioned that the honda front runners was testing on Qualifying tires.While the yamaha boys was testing on race tires.He also stated that they weren't going for the faster laptimes,They were aiming at what the bike will do in the actual race on race tires. Ben said it might look bad for the yamaha's on paper but in the actual race.They are where they need to be when it comes to the honda's.
If it looks bad for the Yamahas on paper, then it looks for the Ducatis. Interesting. Has anyone mentioned fuel load on these bikes- maybe the Hondas are running light as well?

I really need to get that video pass, but convincing the wife would be difficult.
BadSign is offline Find More Posts by BadSign
Old Mar 18, 2011, 04:41 PM
Me Likee Motorbikee
Melbourne Australia
Joined Nov 2009
1,140 Posts
Casey and pedrosa are really fast... they even have seven tenth over their own team mate...

but from third down to Hayden in fourteenth is only covered by seven tenth or so...

Pedrosa, and Stoner are smart guys...(as are their teams) they have the same tyre allocation as rest them, their not gunna burn up tyres for the sake of looking fast... they chase race set up as priority like everyone else...

I would love to get a video pass too... it's all the little details that I find interesting... sort of gives you a better apriciation for what, and how these guys deal with a weekend of racing...

Ohh.. and the yamaha's are running pretty strong, Ewards and "Daddy Fat Sacks" AKA-Crotch Low, are turning in some very quick times too...

Only the qualifing session to go... and then the time for talk is over... Can't wait to see the racing...
Last edited by Lukey B; Mar 18, 2011 at 04:48 PM.
Old Mar 18, 2011, 06:47 PM
Joined Jan 2005
2,303 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by BadSign View Post
If it looks bad for the Yamahas on paper, then it looks for the Ducatis. Interesting. Has anyone mentioned fuel load on these bikes- maybe the Hondas are running light as well?

I really need to get that video pass, but convincing the wife would be difficult.
Follow the link.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lukey B View Post
Casey and pedrosa are really fast... they even have seven tenth over their own team mate...

but from third down to Hayden in fourteenth is only covered by seven tenth or so...

Pedrosa, and Stoner are smart guys...(as are their teams) they have the same tyre allocation as rest them, their not gunna burn up tyres for the sake of looking fast... they chase race set up as priority like everyone else...

I would love to get a video pass too... it's all the little details that I find interesting... sort of gives you a better apriciation for what, and how these guys deal with a weekend of racing...

Ohh.. and the yamaha's are running pretty strong, Ewards and "Daddy Fat Sacks" AKA-Crotch Low, are turning in some very quick times too...

Only the qualifing session to go... and then the time for talk is over... Can't wait to see the racing...
Well all i can tell you is watch the intereveiw.I mean Ben was present at all the test sessions so i just can't see him making this up.LOL But here's the link to the site i got my info from just incase you thought i was making this up. I watched the interview they had with Ben Spies.
Those yamaha boys are playing games! LOL But anyway read it and listen for yourself. Oh and you don't have to be a member to watch some of the KEY Vids.
http://www.crash.net/motogp You might have to search the archive for that Ben Spies interview.
Old Mar 18, 2011, 06:47 PM
Australia Qld
Joined Jun 2010
600 Posts
Well Bautisa out highside and broke left femur , reckon Hopper will replace till he is back woot, Great for John Hopkins he is much better rider'

Yep go the details the video pass is the way to go , beside then ya don't have to sit up insane hours to watch , juz watch later if time zone is no good, like Losail lol starts at 1am aussie time, Hey bad sign mate convincing the wife not so hard m8 u can do it
It's awesome ya get every moment of 125 moto2 motogp
Old Mar 19, 2011, 12:10 AM
Ninja Fanatic
Australia, WA, Perth
Joined Jan 2007
297 Posts
Unfortunate for Bautista but will be good to see Hopkins back in the top class
Jayson is offline Find More Posts by Jayson
Old Mar 19, 2011, 01:09 AM
Australia Qld
Joined Jun 2010
600 Posts
Unfortunate for Bautista > forgot that part lol
Old Mar 19, 2011, 04:17 AM
No Shelf Queens.No Bling
Newark.Nottinghamshire.UK
Joined Jan 2005
2,961 Posts
For anyone in the UK,qualifying is on the red button this afternoon.

Qatar MotoGP, 19-20 March

Saturday 19 March: Qualifying: 1450-1805, BBC Red Button/online.

Sunday 20 March: 125cc and Moto2: 1550-1805, BBC Red Button/online.

MotoGP live: 1830-2000, BBC Two/online. MotoGP repeat: 0000-0130, BBC Two

Allan
Allan Waterfall is offline Find More Posts by Allan Waterfall
Old Mar 20, 2011, 08:06 PM
Me Likee Motorbikee
Melbourne Australia
Joined Nov 2009
1,140 Posts
Woo Hoo... Welcome to 2011 Casey Stoner...

Now I really need to pull my finger out and get the 1/5th replica painted...