HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Nov 09, 2010, 05:13 AM
Ninja Fanatic
Australia, WA, Perth
Joined Jan 2007
297 Posts
Battaini just went out on the Duc with the screamer engine. Hope that is the one they use next year but knowing Rossi and JB I think it is unlikely.
Jayson is offline Find More Posts by Jayson
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 09, 2010, 05:40 AM
AR Racing
Italy, near Milan
Joined Mar 2005
930 Posts
I can't see it from Italy...

Ciao
Jena67 is offline Find More Posts by Jena67
Old Nov 09, 2010, 05:45 AM
Ninja Fanatic
Australia, WA, Perth
Joined Jan 2007
297 Posts
You can see it on the motogp website if have a video pass
Old Nov 09, 2010, 12:00 PM
Post Falls, ID United States
Joined Feb 2004
4,326 Posts
Any more updates on the Ducati testing?
Chris Nicastro is online now Find More Posts by Chris Nicastro
Old Nov 10, 2010, 07:08 PM
Joined Feb 2004
4,326 Posts
Here is a decent site for MGP info;

http://www.crash.net/motogp
Old Nov 11, 2010, 05:03 AM
Ninja Fanatic
Australia, WA, Perth
Joined Jan 2007
297 Posts
Rossi 15th fastest in the test and it looks like Ducati will stick with the big bang bang engine which is more suited to Rossi's smooth riding style. Casey fastest on second day.
Old Feb 01, 2011, 09:21 PM
Me Likee Motorbikee
Melbourne Australia
Joined Nov 2009
1,140 Posts
Hey guys... Welcome back to motogp for 2011...

Looking forward to see how the next couple days pan out, lookin good so far for us Aussies with Casey Stoner heading the time sheets...

All three repsol honda's are goin quick, and the yamaha boys aswell, even the lone Suzuki is near the front... But it's only the first session of many to come... Better not go gettin too exited just yet...

I'm also looking forward to see all the teams in their respective colours for 2011, the repsol Honda looks nice, as always, but getting pretty bored with it, ducati factory team looks very tidy, clean and simple, dunno about the yellow on Rossi's bike though, but it's his trade mark, so it's cool...

2011 let the fun begin...
Lukey B is offline Find More Posts by Lukey B
Old Feb 02, 2011, 02:59 AM
Ninja Fanatic
Australia, WA, Perth
Joined Jan 2007
297 Posts
Looks like it time to renew the video pass. Will be interesting to see how Rossi handles a bike that has been notorious for being an untamed animal, something he hasn't had for quite some time.
This should be a good one.
Old Feb 02, 2011, 03:31 AM
Occasional useful idiot...
Joined Nov 2009
1,399 Posts
The new Ducati has an all new frame set up apparently.

It won't be hard to work out if it is more ridable than the old one, if Nicky Hayden starts walking around with a grin like a cheshire cat then you know it's a vast improvement over old.

Did Casey make the right move? Does Lorenzo have the development ability to keep the M1 competitive over a whole season? What will Cal Crutchlow and Ben Spies do with faster machinery under them? Can Ducati make that bike ridable for everyone AND keep it's legendary speed? And then there's Rossi, will he make it three world titles for three different manufacturers in the premier class?...

Can't wait to find out the answers, this (and next) year is looking sooo good!
Jonathan Bradbury is offline Find More Posts by Jonathan Bradbury
Old Feb 02, 2011, 09:28 AM
Joined Jan 2005
2,303 Posts
Ben Spies is ready to throw down for sure. I read an interview write up about Ben on the 2011 season.The one thing that stood with me is, he said he is really looking forward to see what he can learn from Lorenzo.So he can become a faster rider.That right there alone speaks volumes to me.
Crotchlow well i don't see him doing a whole lot considering yamaha had a better bike than when Ben was riding it. Casey Stoner FAST! LOL Rossi i think has got a fight on his hands with his injuries and all plus bringing up the ducati.
It's gonna be a heck of a season this year!
swheels is offline Find More Posts by swheels
Old Feb 02, 2011, 10:34 AM
KID905
Ottawa, Canada
Joined Jan 2010
69 Posts
I'm a Rossifumi fan but SW is right, he has a lot on his plate but the skills to make it happen...Stoner..definitely the dangerman! Spies will place well but with all the aliens...Lorrenzo, Pedrosa...can't wait !
kid905 is offline Find More Posts by kid905
Old Feb 26, 2011, 03:27 PM
Me Likee Motorbikee
Melbourne Australia
Joined Nov 2009
1,140 Posts
Well... Seems like Honda have produced something special... And just the way they like it, a bike that anyone can ride... Honda has the belief that it's 90% bike, and 10% rider... Maybe they're right...

I wonder what Randy DePuniet is thinking after his switch to Ducati... Looks like he's having a hard time adapting...

The next test might tell a different stoy though... Different track, and one the Ducati goes quite well at...
Old Feb 26, 2011, 10:17 PM
Joined Feb 2004
4,326 Posts
Let's see how it goes, I pay more attention to the race results than the preseason sessions. Typically they hide their abilities to a degree and keep their cards close to their vest.
Old Mar 14, 2011, 05:15 AM
Me Likee Motorbikee
Melbourne Australia
Joined Nov 2009
1,140 Posts
Hey guys... thought I should bring some colour to the thread... so here's a couple pics... just coz I like lookin at em...

Rossi and his new steed look good together... but the bike looks pretty turd on it's own with odd yellow spots...

and Casey looks like he needs to velcro his knee sliders on his elbows...

I can't wait for next weekend... to see all three classes go at it... reading testing times is ok... but the racing is what we all want to see...
Old Mar 14, 2011, 05:21 AM
Ninja Fanatic
Australia, WA, Perth
Joined Jan 2007
297 Posts
You can tell that this evolution of the rc 212v was built around Pedrosa. Casey looks big on it but seems to be able to make it work for him.