930 Posts
And did you see Valentino today?!?!!?
Jena67 is offline Find More Posts by Jena67
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 10, 2010, 06:00 PM
Joined Jan 2005
2,303 Posts
Yes Rossi's back. Ben Spies is definitly one of thee aliens.LOL

Let us all pray that none of the top rider's get injured throughout next season.LOL Because i'm thinking next season is gonna be INSANE!!!!!!

The next race should be a real dogfight,lay it all out on the line.You know Rossi's not through with Lorenzo.LOL
swheels is offline Find More Posts by swheels
Last edited by swheels; Oct 10, 2010 at 06:30 PM.
Old Oct 11, 2010, 03:42 AM
Julianadorp. the netherlands
Joined Feb 2005
614 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SUMO13 View Post
Yes we treid to find it on youtube for hours but its gone ...

a friend told me about it but coudnt refind it eihter.

Hm Newsgrougps , if You can tell me more about it would be cool.
Im on a very fresh new ADSL line 50 MB now , WOW from stoneage 7,5 kb dialup to the future in couple of seconds . i have to learn what i now can do with it , cos Youtube was a nono before.

DUIE , HOWDOO spent two weeks in Breda lately !!!

http://www.newsreaders.info/

try the above link to read about it . it looks like alot but it basicly comes down to 4 programs. (you need)

if you want more infor just ask maybe i can help.
regards Ron
Red Bullie is offline Find More Posts by Red Bullie
Old Oct 11, 2010, 05:36 AM
Joined Feb 2005
614 Posts
rossi motegi last 3 laps

did some quick ripping of the vid here it is guys

rossi motegi.avi (4 min 12 sec)
Last edited by Red Bullie; Oct 11, 2010 at 05:43 AM.
Old Oct 11, 2010, 06:00 AM
AR Racing
Italy, near Milan
Joined Mar 2005
930 Posts
Can't see them
Old Oct 11, 2010, 12:12 PM
Joined Feb 2005
614 Posts
Its blocked

its blocked reason it has content of Dorna. what a muppets 3 rounds and even that is forbidden. money Horn.... muppets

all i can say now is get used to newsgroups . every race weekend is posted 125 moto2 and motogp including practice friday and saturday.
one payserver that is realy cheap is eweka.nl 7.50€ A MONTH no download limit rentention 120 days.

need info mail maybe i can help you guys
Old Oct 11, 2010, 12:52 PM
Joined May 2009
661 Posts
it's blocked on my PC but not blocked on my iPhone. if you have an iPhone you can watch it there.
Torrance is offline Find More Posts by Torrance
Old Oct 12, 2010, 11:06 AM
Post Falls, ID United States
Joined Feb 2004
4,315 Posts
Thats Rossi saying to all "Im back and if it wasnt for my injury this would be my championship!!!"
I just love the way he put Lorenzo away, take that! hahaha Oh next year is going to be HOT!

Lorenzo had to play nice just to secure the championship this race...ok whatever.
Rossi came from a bad start in 11th to win! Again any doubts about him should be silenced by now. He did a similar result in Australia a few years ago in the rain on agregate time and pulled 10 seconds on the field to win that race on the clock.
He is the real alien among the aliens! lol

Stoner...hmmm lost the front end again this weekend, surprise? He is starting to remind me of Max Biaggi.
Chris Nicastro is offline Find More Posts by Chris Nicastro
Old Oct 13, 2010, 08:11 AM
Joined Jan 2005
2,303 Posts
i was tol by one of my friends that ducati is having alot of trouble with the frontend.They get no feedback from the frontend.So they can't tell when it's gonna go or what.

The Ben Spies factor will come into play for sure.Lorenzo will not repeat.
swheels is offline Find More Posts by swheels
Old Oct 13, 2010, 10:57 AM
Joined Feb 2004
4,315 Posts
In my opinion the mark of a true champion is one that can repeat so lets see what he does next year.
Yeah its no secret that Ducati is having trouble with that front end and who knows why its such a problem. They use the same forks from Ohlins that others do, I think. There must be some sort of geometry problem with rake and trail or some combo that is causing this lack of feel. I'm sure for next year they will have a new chassis and with the Doctor they will diagnose the problem and perscribe the right medicine!! lol
Old Oct 13, 2010, 11:15 AM
Joined May 2009
661 Posts
i bet ducati's problems is something really small which makes it difficult for them to find. surely it's not just a matter of geometry or valving or any of the usual suspects otherwise they would have solved it by now.

maybe they have faulty front brake discs - where the floating disk momentarily binds when the bike is leaned over.
Torrance is offline Find More Posts by Torrance
Old Oct 13, 2010, 11:16 AM
AR Racing
Italy, near Milan
Joined Mar 2005
930 Posts
The problem is that when the bike leans in a turn and goes over a bump the front suspension doesn't work because the force is, according to the lean degree, sideways to the front fork travel.
In such a configuration the only way to absorb the bump is that the fork, fork triple or the frame bends.
Ducati has the stiffest frame now-days being made by carbon, before they had a wire frame which was much more flexible.
Due to this carbon frame Ducati has lowered the diameter of the front forks in the last two years and has also opened a window on the top of the frame, right behind the steering pivot.
This window is closed by a series of bolts, the less the bolts the less rigidity has the frame.
With a more rigid frame Stoner can drive the bike with a precision of a blade but as soon as the asphalt isn't smooth he can suddenly loose grip.

I have seen a lot of pictures on a really nice Italian Race bikes magazine where they explained all this with pictures.

It was interesting to see the front triples of Pedrosa and Dovi on different tracks, they were milled to have more or less rigidity.

I hope my explanation was clear enough I apologize for my bad technical English.

Ciao
Old Oct 13, 2010, 11:46 AM
Joined Feb 2004
4,315 Posts
Interesting I wasnt thinking of the chassis being too stiff. No thats perfectly clear Jena. In engineering you could call it compliance. It does not have or does not allow enough twist when the bike is leaning over. Now that these bikes are leaning over 60deg the forks cannot really work anymore mid corner so the next thing must be the chassis, makes sense.

There are a lot of composite tricks they could use to make the chassis parts more flexible in certain directions and rigid in others. They can study composites for aviation for example. They can change the material schedule within the layup and use kevlar to allow the part to flex. They can vary the thickness of the layup in specific places and use certain epoxy resins that will be more flexible. There are a million combos and ideas to make this work. I love composites!

Actually I wonder if they have the software/computer power to test this because if they are making a lot of parts and just trying less bolts here and more bolts there it could be because they have not been able to really do FEA testing and predictions for the chassis designs. Thats sounds stupid but it could be that simple. Ducati is a small company still and this kind of software and computer power is very expensive. They should consult with Ferrari on these matters if they have not already. With Rossi joining Ducati its a matter of national pride now!! lol

They could also make a chassis dyno to simulate the forces they measured on the track and see how the chassis responds. That would be interesting to twist the chassis and then change the parts and twist it again then take the new parts to the track and try them out.

Jena, do you have a link to the magazine your talking about because its difficult to get the EU/IT magazines here.
Old Oct 13, 2010, 12:28 PM
AR Racing
Italy, near Milan
Joined Mar 2005
930 Posts
The problem is that you can't change a frame for each circuit, it's too expensive.
Ducati has studied the frame with Ferrari, to give you an idea of the designing expenses FIA wants to limit the expenses to study an F1 frame to 20.000.000€ which is more or less 28.000.000USD... that means that now they're spending much more than that.....
And it's just the frame, than you have to add to it some more parts to drive it around the world....!

So the solution of ducati was made during the championship to solve the problem.

I will check the magazine name, I can't remember now.

More tomorrow!

Ciao
Old Oct 13, 2010, 01:22 PM
Joined Feb 2004
4,315 Posts
If they make the composites in house at Ducati at least they can test different parts with a chassis dyno to see more or less what would be the best general solution. They have so much chassis info from data collecting on the bike on the track I'm sure they could simulate it off the track.
That is what I love about this sport is that it is the top of the class. I dont like restrictions on the development of race bikes, they cost what they cost and if you want to be the best you have to figure out how to be the best. That doesn not mean spend more money it just means be smarter and invent and design without limits. The FIA has too many rules and limitations.

The racing news in Italy is much better than the news here for sure!